Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plead your Seed 2023
Little over a week away from playoff seeding....plead your teams case.
Perry 7-0 I would think they get the one seed in division 1
Don't really know how middle school playoffs work. But Powell County Middle School is 6-0 they have only allowed 30 points or so all season. First year Coach Daxten King has done a marvelous job.
(09-21-2023, 10:33 PM)waughdaddy59 Wrote: Don't really know how middle school playoffs work. But Powell County Middle School is 6-0 they have only allowed 30 points or so all season. First year Coach Daxten King has done a marvelous job.
Powell is listed as division 2 would be in with Breathitt, Hazard and teams from division 2, not sure how they will do the regions!
(09-21-2023, 10:33 PM)waughdaddy59 Wrote: Don't really know how middle school playoffs work. But Powell County Middle School is 6-0 they have only allowed 30 points or so all season. First year Coach Daxten King has done a marvelous job.

I have tried multiple times to get Powell Co involved this year........zero response.
So I am hearing rumblings that seeding is not performance based. If that’s the case how the hell do they seed? Is there an RPI system or something?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • barkgoesthecat
(10-04-2023, 09:12 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: So I am hearing rumblings that seeding is not performance based. If that’s the case how the hell do they seed? Is there an RPI system or something
Kymsfa is a joke, Thursday when the brackets are released u will have 2 loss teams as 1, 10 win teams as a 5 seed. It’s more about money than wins always has been and always will be!
That’s kind of what I am starting to gather from it all. BUT…regardless of if it’s a legit system or just a money racket…it allows for the kids to play more football and for them to experience what traveling and playing for something more than just a record is like. In my day we played our schedule then moved on to basketball lol

I’m interested to see how they break up the regions.
The way I took it is its a point system that goes along with strength of schedule. Playing a division 1 team and winning gets you 30 points and I think a loss still gets you 20. I assume the points just keep going down with division 2 and 3
Would love to see a breakdown on how all this is figured out
Divisions based on enrollment

Winning games earns points.

D1 win = 30 points
D2 win = 20 points
D1 win = 10 points.

Add up the points of wins.

Teams get bonus points that turn in their game scores each week. Teams that dont turn in their game scores (that is a requirement) loss points for not doing so.

Seed bracket.

So an example:
Team A goes 10-0 vs all D1 teams = 300 points
Team B goes 10-0 vs all D3 teams = 100 points
Team C goes 5-5 vs all D1 teams = 150 points
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • StacktheBox
It’s a fairly simple concept. If you are a good D2 school the you are going to play against some D1 school. Now if you win then you get the 30 points.
D1- 30 points
D2- 20 points
D3- 10 points
So if you don’t like your seeding, then you should’ve played bigger schools and get more points if you win.
I just went and looked at the state playoff bracket for 6-8th all division and correct me if I’m wrong but I never seen one Powell County team ? Thought they was undefeated etc?
(10-06-2023, 06:06 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
I just went and looked at the state playoff bracket for 6-8th all division and correct me if I’m wrong but I never seen one Powell County team ? Thought they was undefeated etc?

My understanding is the conference that they play in does not allow teams to compete in the State Tournament.
At my age, my seed is beyond pleading ...
(10-06-2023, 10:58 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

My understanding is the conference that they play in does not allow teams to compete in the State Tournament.
Not letting kids play in the State tournament is a disservice to the kids.
(10-07-2023, 11:52 AM)StacktheBox Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 10:58 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

Not letting kids play in the State tournament is a disservice to the kids.

Their conference also plays games until semi finals weekend I believe so the schedules conflict a lot.
Who knows anything about Frankfort? Raceland plays them on Sat at Ram Stadium. Are they any good?
(10-12-2023, 09:03 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Who knows anything about Frankfort? Raceland plays them on Sat at Ram Stadium. Are they any good?
Only one score posted on kymsfa and they lost to Shelby east 48-18, I’d say the rams are ok.