Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland/Lawrence
Kind of surprised to see the score from LC tonight.

7th grade 
Raceland 14
Lawrence 8

8th 
Raceland 34
Lawrence 28
Im not, it is just the way this season has gone......zero chalk this year........ zero.
The lack of chalk continues. I predicted JC to roll the Rams 7th grade. But that game came down to the wire. 22-16 JC. 8th grade total domination by the Rams. JC really missed 49 and 16 offensively

Raceland struggled early in the year but are playing their best ball right now.
(09-28-2023, 11:21 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: The lack of chalk continues. I predicted JC to roll the Rams 7th grade. But that game came down to the wire. 22-16 JC. 8th grade total domination by the Rams. JC really missed 49 and 16 offensively

Lawrence hasn't been 100% healthy since their first game against JC.  LC scored at will against Raceland, but gave up 3 or 4 possessions to turnovers and an onside kick.  Give Raceland credit, they controlled the ball and executed.  Raceland is a well-coached team with some talent.

49 and 16 are far and away JC's best players.  You can't replace 2 guys like that at the middle school level.
(09-29-2023, 05:00 PM)Harry Dawg Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 11:21 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: The lack of chalk continues. I predicted JC to roll the Rams 7th grade. But that game came down to the wire. 22-16 JC. 8th grade total domination by the Rams. JC really missed 49 and 16 offensively

Lawrence hasn't been 100% healthy since their first game against JC.  LC scored at will against Raceland, but gave up 3 or 4 possessions to turnovers and an onside kick.  Give Raceland credit, they controlled the ball and executed.  Raceland is a well-coached team with some talent.

49 and 16 are far and away JC's best players.  You can't replace 2 guys like that at the middle school level.
49 and 16 are very talented. How long are they expected to be out?
I think 16 is out for the year with a back injury. 49 was a rib if I remember correctly and should be back for the playoffs. The thing that is going to kill JC is ther coverage though. Raceland burnt them idk how many times deep. Raceland was a lot faster across the board. Really playing the pass was JCs weak point on both teams. Raceland had 4 or 5 dropped balls in JC territory in the 7th grade game or the Rams win that one as well. But JC made really good adjustments on their final drive to get what ended up being the winning TD.