Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wrong Ball Football Play
Is this football play even legal? Seems to me it constitutes unsportsmanshiplike conduct even if it is legal. Watch the video!

[youtube="Wrong Football Trick Play"]1YnnnnyMjCw[/youtube]
UH..... I don't know what to think about that.
Well the ball is snapped making it in play so id say it is legal
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
thats funny and awesome at the same time!

imagine that to win state!
yes it is legal..i saw this on real tv like 3 years ago..what is happening is the players get set and the qb yells "coach, wrong ball"!..The center sidesnaps the ball to the qb and he acts like he is going over to the coach to get a ball, and takes off.
dfblackcat53 Wrote:yes it is legal..i saw this on real tv like 3 years ago..what is happening is the players get set and the qb yells "coach, wrong ball"!..The center sidesnaps the ball to the qb and he acts like he is going over to the coach to get a ball, and takes off.

uhh. thats what this video is... Smile
my bad..i didnt have my speakers up..im sorry..27 12
dfblackcat53 Wrote:my bad..i didnt have my speakers up..im sorry..27 12

ahh we all make that mistake. lol
dfblackcat53 Wrote:yes it is legal..i saw this on real tv like 3 years ago..what is happening is the players get set and the qb yells "coach, wrong ball"!..The center sidesnaps the ball to the qb and he acts like he is going over to the coach to get a ball, and takes off.

NO, THIS PLAY IS NOT LEGAL!!!!!! It would have been legal is the player would not have said anything to the coach or the sidelines. Once he did that, the play became illegal. The sidesnap is completely legal but you can not use anyone on the sidelines to decieve the defense. The play is illegal.
UKCAT5FAN Wrote:NO, THIS PLAY IS NOT LEGAL!!!!!! It would have been legal is the player would not have said anything to the coach or the sidelines. Once he did that, the play became illegal. The sidesnap is completely legal but you can not use anyone on the sidelines to decieve the defense. The play is illegal.

hmm. makes sence