Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The BCS is Bull****. Here is what a 16 team playoff system would like.
Ohio State and LSU get selected by a computer that has never seen one single college football game. Why NCAA Division I football won’t embrace the idea of a playoff system.

Below is a link to what a NCAA playoff would look like. For now we will just have to salivate over the thought of a NCAA Division I playoff that would like this. Sad The 11 major conference winners would get automatic bids. The other 5 teams would be selected at large.

To read more about the how the playoff system would work click the link below.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=...&type=lgns
That would be awsome!
While I like the idea of a playoff, his playoff is flawed, badly.

CMU, UCF, and Troy would not even be in the discussion, not even top 25 in the BCS.

It should look like this -

(16) Tennessee at (1) Ohio State
(15) Clemson at (2) LSU
(14) Boston College at (3) Virginia Tech
(13) Illinois at (4) Oklahoma
(12) Florida at (5) Georgia
(11) Arizona State at (6) Missouri
(10) Hawai'i at (7) USC
(9) West Virginia at (8) Kansas

If you look closely you will see why we will never have a playoff, SEC has 4 teams and that will be like that for a while, no other conference will agree to that with the very possibility that 3 of the final four could be SEC teams........
NEXT Wrote:While I like the idea of a playoff, his playoff is flawed, badly.

CMU, UCF, and Troy would not even be in the discussion, not even top 25 in the BCS.

It should look like this -

(16) Tennessee at (1) Ohio State
(15) Clemson at (2) LSU
(14) Boston College at (3) Virginia Tech
(13) Illinois at (4) Oklahoma
(12) Florida at (5) Georgia
(11) Arizona State at (6) Missouri
(10) Hawai'i at (7) USC
(9) West Virginia at (8) Kansas

If you look closely you will see why we will never have a playoff, SEC has 4 teams and that will be like that for a while, no other conference will agree to that with the very possibility that 3 of the final four could be SEC teams........

Conference winners my man, thats the only way to do it. If you want a true Cinderella (who doesn't?) then thats the only way to go. I love it.
I love that format. I read that artical last week on yahoo.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I love that format. I read that artical last week on yahoo.

I wonder if it will ever happen? I couldn't imagine filling out my NCAA Football brackets. Wow! Thats even weird to say!Smile Look at the potential match ups you could have in that bracket. Could you imagine the TV ratings of these games? The anticipation and excitement that could be. Plus a clear cut national champion to boot.
Anyway we could get this to Sports Center. saying courtesy of Bluegrass Rivals? LOL

great idea if you ask me
thats how it should of been
torQQue Wrote:I wonder if it will ever happen? I couldn't imagine filling out my NCAA Football brackets. Wow! Thats even weird to say!Smile Look at the potential match ups you could have in that bracket. Could you imagine the TV ratings of these games? The anticipation and excitement that could be. Plus a clear cut national champion to boot.

Right on. It would definitely be exicting. I'd love to see it happen.
If...Then Wrote:Anyway we could get this to Sports Center. saying courtesy of Bluegrass Rivals? LOL

great idea if you ask me

I agree!!
that would be more exiting than any other playoffs in the sports world today i know i would watch every game, and not even to mention no question or agument in the national champion im sick and tired of hearing what if they wouldve or what if they wouldnt have a playoff would be the best way to settle it but it wont happen for a long time
secretweapon Wrote:that would be more exiting than any other playoffs in the sports world today i know i would watch every game, and not even to mention no question or agument in the national champion im sick and tired of hearing what if they wouldve or what if they wouldnt have a playoff would be the best way to settle it but it wont happen for a long time

but there is no reason this shouldnt happen
IMO thats unfair the other top 10 teams
Conference Champions should be automatic bids, IMO, like a few others have said. EVERY conference, not just BCS; Mountain West, C-USA, Sun Belt, etc. That would be 11 conference champions plus an independent representative, which makes 12. Add 4 more teams selected by the fans. Why the fans? The fans are the ones who watch highlights, who look at scores, and who see just about every game that is played. Have the 4 "vote in" teams seeded by number of votes, and have the conferences draw to see which conference champion or "vote in" team they play. You'll have 16 teams, 4 rounds, and one clear cut champion. It'd take what, maybe 4, 5 weeks at the most? And with it not taking so long to compete, you could still have a number of bowl games for teams who did not make the "Playoff."
play_maker Wrote:IMO thats unfair the other top 10 teams

are u talking about without it or with it?