Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 39 Letcher County Central 14
Final. 

Congratulations Corbin!!!
Congratulations Corbin…….I’m still waiting on the air attack offense
(10-07-2023, 12:02 AM)64SUR Wrote: Congratulations Corbin…….I’m still waiting on the air attack offense

The only reasonable explanation is that they are saving the air raid for Haddix' boys.  That's all I've got. Either that, or Tommy Greer is such a narcissist that he doesn't want his defense to lose any of the media spotlight, even if it's to his very own offense.  Six weeks from tonight, Tommy!!!  Right now it's looking like about a 32- point Boyle County win in the third round game.

I think the mighty Kade Elam had 4 completions for about 20-something yards at halftime. That won't get it against Boyle, Bart Simpson and Tommy Greer end.
Corbin is averaging just under 35 points per game ……. And giving up only 6 points per game …… I watched Franklin county live action tonight and they will definitely have a lot to say about who wins 4a …. I’ve watched 2 Boyle games , 3 Corbin games , and Franklin tonight…. This is not a 2 team race, Franklin County ,Cov Cath and PT will make it very interesting….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Cowboy42
Congrats Hounds..Throw the ball already..
In fairness, most of Corbin’s games are 36-0, 41-0, 42-0 at the half and they don’t play starters in 2nd. I wish they would for style points but that’s not how Greer seems to do it. Even Jewell dropped 70 and 80 a time or two.
Prayers up for Letcher freshman QB, Gunner Holbrook. Suffered a serious spinal injury in this game in the second quarter.

Hopefully he can recover fully and doesn’t miss a whole lot of time as he’s a multi sport athlete.

I’ve seen Corbin play a few times now and they look pretty great to me. They’re good enough they can just run their base plays and beat about 98% of the teams in this state. Their defense is about as good as it gets in Kentucky.
(10-07-2023, 06:52 AM)Corbin Wrote: In fairness, most of Corbin’s games are 36-0, 41-0, 42-0 at the half and they don’t play starters in 2nd. I wish they would for style points but that’s not how Greer seems to do it. Even Jewell dropped 70 and 80 a time or two.

In six weeks, he'll wish he had let the dogs out sooner. It will be too late to open up this putrid, boring offense if he waits until the Boyle County game. Why not just dig up Farris and  prop him up on the sidelines  and put a headset on him because it's the same offense we saw decades ago. It's not an offense you can win championships with today, when you have to go through Boyle County. You have one of the top gunslingers in the state and you are wasting his talent , along with your pass catchers. Wasting talent---something Corbin does like no other school. It's inexcusable for Elam to have four completions for 30 yards at halftime when he could have 20 for 300.  Corbin is infected with brain dead leadership.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Corbin, Cowboy42, Hound05
(10-07-2023, 06:52 AM)Corbin Wrote: In fairness, most of Corbin’s games are 36-0, 41-0, 42-0 at the half and they don’t play starters in 2nd. I wish they would for style points but that’s not how Greer seems to do it. Even Jewell dropped 70 and 80 a time or two.
So start out passing in some of these games to work on that? If they aren't really showing a passing game at all, then maybe they don't really have one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Thought corbin would win by more. Game must have been @ Letcher.
Way to go Hounds.
(10-07-2023, 07:53 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Prayers up for Letcher freshman QB, Gunner Holbrook. Suffered a serious spinal injury in this game in the second quarter.

Hopefully he can recover fully and doesn’t miss a whole lot of time as he’s a multi sport athlete.

I’ve seen Corbin play a few times now and they look pretty great to me. They’re good enough they can just run their base plays and beat about 98% of the teams in this state. Their defense is about as good as it gets in Kentucky.

I hate to hear of the injury and hope he makes a full recovery and doesn't have to suffer with pain from it Sad
(10-07-2023, 08:17 AM)know1 Wrote:
So start out passing in some of these games to work on that? If they aren't really showing a passing game at all, then maybe they don't really have one.

Any person that has ever seen Elam on the field knows they have one.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
(10-07-2023, 09:00 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

It takes more than just a talented QB to have a passing game. 

The point is that if it's something they are going to need at some point, they should be utilizing it in games now so they know they can rely on it. 

There must be some reason they aren't. And it's not just because they are comfortably ahead at halftime.
I was watching the replay and I think Letcher will have a tough team in about 2 years. They played tough but their youth showed a lot last night.

It looked like Corbin tried to get a passing game established early on but couldn’t get in a rhythm. This was the first time I’ve watched Corbin play and the defense is as good as advertised. As much as everyone has talked up the DL I was just as impressed with their secondary especially #7.

Overall they look like a strong powerful team that plays good assignment football which will bode well for them when they come across a speedy team like Boyle. As others have said I think their big weakness is going to be having difficulties developing a passing game especially if a team figures out how to stop their running attack.
(10-07-2023, 09:22 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: I was watching the replay and I think Letcher will have a tough team in about 2 years.  They played tough but their youth showed a lot last night.

It looked like Corbin tried to get a passing game established early on but couldn’t get in a rhythm.  This was the first time I’ve watched Corbin play and the defense is as good as advertised.  As much as everyone has talked up the DL I was just as impressed with their secondary especially #7.

Overall they look like a strong powerful team that plays good assignment football which will bode well for them when they come across a speedy team like Boyle.  As others have said I think their big weakness is going to be having difficulties developing a passing game especially if a team figures out how to stop their running attack.

Why do you,BGR fans,  think Corbin would and could throw the ball all over the field last season but seems someone reluctant and/or impotent when it comes to making big gains through the air this season? Bull, what say you? You thought this offense would be dynamic this season. It hasn't been. Last night, we still saw 3rd and 17 against mighty Letcher County. Do they miss Combs that much? Why is a guy like Elam throwing for 20 and 30 yards... in an entire game?!?!  He should be doing that on every pass.
(10-07-2023, 09:47 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 09:22 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: I was watching the replay and I think Letcher will have a tough team in about 2 years.  They played tough but their youth showed a lot last night.

It looked like Corbin tried to get a passing game established early on but couldn’t get in a rhythm.  This was the first time I’ve watched Corbin play and the defense is as good as advertised.  As much as everyone has talked up the DL I was just as impressed with their secondary especially #7.

Overall they look like a strong powerful team that plays good assignment football which will bode well for them when they come across a speedy team like Boyle.  As others have said I think their big weakness is going to be having difficulties developing a passing game especially if a team figures out how to stop their running attack.

Why do you,BGR fans,  think Corbin would and could throw the ball all over the field last season but seems someone reluctant and/or impotent when it comes to making big gains through the air this season? Bull, what say you? You thought this offense would be dynamic this season. It hasn't been. Last night, we still saw 3rd and 17 against mighty Letcher County. Do they miss Combs that much? Why is a guy like Elam throwing for 20 and 30 yards... in an entire game?!?!  He should be doing that on every pass.
That was the first time I’ve seen them play and if anything I was trying to complement the team.  From my observation it looked like the running game is the bread and butter and the passing game is a good complement.  This is just an outsiders point of view but some of you guys need to chill and just enjoy watching the game and look for positives with the team that has been running through everyone in their path so far.
(10-07-2023, 09:09 AM)know1 Wrote:

The point is that if it's something they are going to need at some point, they should be utilizing it in games now so they know they can rely on it. 

There must be some reason they aren't. And it's not just because they are comfortably ahead at halftime.
I hope when you play dumb it's just an act.
if you go look at state stat leaders, it seems Corbin isn't really that bad at passing Smile

It looked like Corbin tried to get a passing game established early on but couldn’t get in a rhythm.  This was the first time I’ve watched Corbin play and the defense is as good as advertised.  As much as everyone has talked up the DL I was just as impressed with their secondary especially 

Why throw the ball when you really have no need to…..why show your cards??  

Corbin is cake walking the regular season right now, yeah they had a scare with FD, and may have lost the game on a neutral field or at FD but seriously Corbin can win most games with their JV…. I bet if you look the scrubs have out scored the opponents in mop up duty as well….

(10-07-2023, 08:03 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

In six weeks, he'll wish he had let the dogs out sooner. It will be too late to open up this putrid, boring offense if he waits until the Boyle County game. Why not just dig up Farris and  prop him up on the sidelines  and put a headset on him because it's the same offense we saw decades ago. It's not an offense you can win championships with today, when you have to go through Boyle County. You have one of the top gunslingers in the state and you are wasting his talent , along with your pass catchers. Wasting talent---something Corbin does like no other school. It's inexcusable for Elam to have four completions for 30 yards at halftime when he could have 20 for 300.  Corbin is infected with brain dead leadership.
What will happen will be a repeat of JC a few years ago. They’ll run all dang season (one person that year) and then get up there and try to run the spread. It don’t work that way. You have to get timing and reps down with the pass game. It won’t be good I know that. 

as far as other teams. I don’t think Corbin or boyle will blow Franklin, Cov, or PT out. But I’ve watched two of them. They are better
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • BEChargers, TD Hounds
(10-07-2023, 10:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

. I prefer talking football and not making it personal. Some people apparently are unable to do that.
[-] The following 2 users Like know1's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Woodshed
How many times this years has Corbin actually played their starters the full game?
(10-07-2023, 02:43 PM)14thRegionLifer Wrote: How many times this years has Corbin actually played their starters the full game?
1 game
Congrats Corbin!!!

Smile [Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/4c9667ff...d=15915514]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
Any update on the young man at QB for LCC?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-07-2023, 12:25 PM)know1 Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 08:17 AM)know1 Wrote: So start out passing in some of these games to work on that? If they aren't really showing a passing game at all, then maybe they don't really have one.

. I prefer talking football and not making it personal. Some people apparently are unable to do that.

I wouldn't ever get on this site if I took anything personal. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-08-2023, 03:47 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 09:00 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Any person that has ever seen Elam on the field knows they have one.

Me either. But that's not what I meant. 

When someone resorts to belittling people, it usually means they can't come up with a reasonable counterpoint.
(10-08-2023, 04:55 PM)know1 Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 03:47 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 09:09 AM)know1 Wrote: It takes more than just a talented QB to have a passing game. 

Me either. But that's not what I meant. 

When someone resorts to belittling people, it usually means they can't come up with a reasonable counterpoint.
I knew what you meant. You don't say anything worth countering.