Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mercer County
100.00%
Casey County
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mercer County at Casey County 10/13
Mercer County (6-1)
Aug 19, 23 Taylor County home (W) 38 - 22 Little Caesars Ft. Harrod Bowl 
Aug 26, 23 Paul Laurence Dunbar home (W) 42 - 17 
Sep 1, 23 Shelby County home (W) 28 - 21 Farmers National Bank Game 
Sep 8, 23 Danville away (W) 48 - 10 
Sep 15, 23 Southwestern home (L) 7 - 42  Whitaker Bank Game 
Sep 22, 23 Madison Southern away (W) 42 - 6 
Sep 29, 23 Marion County home (W) 36 - 0  Horn Home Improvement Homecoming Game

Casey County (4-3)
Aug 18, 23 Lincoln County away (W) 10 - 6 PBK/WPBK-FM Death Valley Bowl 
Aug 25, 23 Campbellsville home (L) 6 - 35 
Sep 1, 23 Wayne County home (L) 34 - 37 
Sep 8, 23 Russell County home (W) 24 - 6 
Sep 15, 23 McCreary Central away (W) 34 - 6 
Sep 22, 23 Metcalfe County home (W) 28 - 27  (double overtime) 
Sep 29, 23 Garrard County away (L) 13 - 24

Recent History
Sep 16, 2005 Mercer County 27 Casey County 0
Sep 22, 2006 Mercer County 66 Casey County 19
Nov 7, 2008 Mercer County 58 Casey County 6

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6a6a656543
Mercer County
Mercer wins easily in this one, and after next Friday will be the number 1 seed in their district and will host LaRue Co.
(10-10-2023, 12:27 AM)Rip/Spin Wrote: Mercer wins easily in this one, and after next Friday will be the number 1 seed in their district and will host LaRue Co.
I know still some games to go but who do you think Mercer would play 2nd round?
[-] The following 1 user Likes UK1's post:
  • smoke1015
Mercer rolls.

Mercer County 56
Casey County 20
(10-10-2023, 01:56 PM)UK1 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 12:27 AM)Rip/Spin Wrote: Mercer wins easily in this one, and after next Friday will be the number 1 seed in their district and will host LaRue Co.
I know still some games to go but who do you think Mercer would play 2nd round?

That's tough to say. ETown is down, but could they still beat Garrard or Marion, absolutely. But whoever they play, I believe it could be a close game. If Garrard of Marion win, then that puts them playing Central in the second round.
If things work in their favor and play ETown, then RPI comes into play for the third round. Mercer should win out and keep their position in the RPI standings, but as of now, 4 of the 5 teams that is ahead of them are in the West. If they are the low man on the totum poll going into round 3, that means they will go to CAL for the regional championship.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rip/Spin's post:
  • smoke1015
Realistically Casey has no shot. We have been good on one side of the ball, but if the player is out I think is he was the star of our defense. No excuses, even if he played we can't put up points. Mercer has a dynamic QB and are just solid all around. They beat a team we scrimmaged that mopped the floor with us. I don't see a Cinderella story here and for whatever reason, this is homecoming...Hope everyone gets their fun in at that ceremony cause I don't see much else to look forward to in this one.
IMO, the guy that makes us go...ACL/MCL + fracture...so add that on top of playing a really good 3A team. Prayers for all teams and players with season ending injuries. Always hurts extra extra hard when it's a senior.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • Rip/Spin
(10-11-2023, 06:45 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: IMO, the guy that makes us go...ACL/MCL + fracture...so add that on top of playing a really good 3A team. Prayers for all teams and players with season ending injuries. Always hurts extra extra hard when it's a senior.
Hate to hear about any player getting hurt but especially a senior.  Hoping for a good recovery for the injured player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UK1's post:
  • smoke1015
(10-12-2023, 10:23 AM)UK1 Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 06:45 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: IMO, the guy that makes us go...ACL/MCL + fracture...so add that on top of playing a really good 3A team. Prayers for all teams and players with season ending injuries. Always hurts extra extra hard when it's a senior.
Hate to hear about any player getting hurt but especially a senior.  Hoping for a good recovery for the injured player.
Thank you sir. He is going to state troooper academy after graduation so our school SRO officer is REALLY wanting him to have surgery. He said that knee will need to be close to perfect in order to make it through the academy. Truly appreciate your comment, I coached the young man in youth and middle.

Casey gave maybe their best effort of the year on defense. I think the final was 34-21, but realistically Casey should have lost by 1 score. I don't think Mercer played their best ball, but Casey played very well on offense tonight. Very proud of our effort after the Garrard County game. I hope we can get by Marion because Rock will be a tall task.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • Rip/Spin
(10-14-2023, 04:59 AM)smoke1015 Wrote:
Thank you sir. He is going to state troooper academy after graduation so our school SRO officer is REALLY wanting him to have surgery. He said that knee will need to be close to perfect in order to make it through the academy. Truly appreciate your comment, I coached the young man in youth and middle.

Casey gave maybe their best effort of the year on offense. I think the final was 34-21, but realistically Casey should have lost by 1 score. I don't think Mercer played their best ball, but Casey played very well on offense tonight. Very proud of our effort after the Garrard County game. I hope we can get by Marion because Rock will be a tall task.

Sorry I was trying to edit a comment and quoted myself or something
Won’t be Rock, Sir.
Sister district is CAL, Central, Etown and LaRue.
(10-14-2023, 04:59 AM)smoke1015 Wrote:

Casey gave maybe their best effort of the year on defense. I think the final was 34-21, but realistically Casey should have lost by 1 score. I don't think Mercer played their best ball, but Casey played very well on offense tonight. Very proud of our effort after the Garrard County game. I hope we can get by Marion because Rock will be a tall task.
Agree with all of this.  Mercer did not look good at all and credit for casey for playing extremely hard.