Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pendleton County Coach Kyle Pettit Has Resigned
Kyle Pettit has resigned as the head football coach at Pendleton County effective immediately. This is interesting timing to say the least. They are 0-7 on the season and play at home Friday vs. 0-7 Bourbon Co.
Very interesting timing. When you see resignations this far into the season it is usually because someone, somewhere done something wrong and they or the school are trying to be proactive and get out in front of it.

Obviously I'm not saying that is what has happened here because I've never watched a Pendleton County sporting event in my life, couldn't even tell you where it is.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I know EXACTLY where it is!!

Course, I've followed 5 grandsons through their football and basketball outings over the years!!
Well in 1.75 years/seasons that he has been their head coach he is 0-17 all-time.
WOW! This is a tough job, due to its rural setting while still lying in close proximity to Cincy metro and NKY football powers.
Now that I thought about it, we weren't up there for ballgames. We were all up there on a fishing trip.

Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • papagrit
This started brewing last week as he did not coach in last Fridays game.
How can you “not coach” in a varsity football game?

I know Knott County Central once had a coach just not show up on game night once.
(10-12-2023, 11:42 PM)ROTC Wrote: How can you “not coach” in a varsity football game?

I know Knott County Central once had a coach just not show up on game night once.

If your admin tells you dont be there...........
Pendleton is among a few football programs that are at or near the proverbial “bottom of the barrel”. Had a football team….then went thru a period of time (years) where it was shut down….then they revived it….only to see it struggle mightily.

It is an extremely difficult place to have any success at football wise. No tradition, no culture. It’s just something a few kids do on a Friday night in the fall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(10-13-2023, 11:18 AM)plantmanky Wrote:
(10-12-2023, 11:42 PM)ROTC Wrote: How can you “not coach” in a varsity football game?

okay so “resigned” is a rather loose description of what is happening.
(10-13-2023, 01:59 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 11:18 AM)plantmanky Wrote:

okay so “resigned” is a rather loose description of what is happening.

maybe, maybe not............he resigned, point blank.........what led up to it, well................you might resign too.
Heard the school administration is not supportive of athletics at all.
(10-13-2023, 09:15 PM)Bandit29 Wrote: Heard the school administration is not supportive of athletics at all.
Have heard the same thing. Have lost head coaches in the big 3 sports in the last 6 months.
When and if the truth comes out this should be interesting. Admin not being supportive is not a reason to not show up for YOUR team.
(10-13-2023, 11:13 PM)T Hogs02 Wrote: When and if the truth comes out this should be interesting. Admin not being supportive is not a reason to not show up for YOUR team.
Unless I was told wrong, if you’re told you’re not allowed to be there then thats not you not showing up for your team.
Sounds like a mess