Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 33 Greenup County 13
Just watched the game. Greenup played hard but wore down in the 2nd half especially the 4th quarter. The game stayed close within a score until the 4th. Greenup had 2 costly turnovers one in JC territory which was just too much to overcome. JC had zero turnovers but had some costly personal foul penalties and had a lineman ejected. Greenup moved the ball fairly well on the ground but never got the passing game going.

JC looked good on the ground pounding away at the Greenup D but never could break the long gainers to put away Greenup.

JC attempted 2 passes both incomplete.
Congratulations Johnson Central!!
Congratulations to Johnson Central
Anyone know how many fumbles GC had total. They luckily kept the ball on most of them.
Just wasn’t a very impressive outing by Johnson Central. Greenup held their own on both the defensive and offensive trenches. JC doesn’t play physical football anymore and that’s the one thing that always separated them from most teams. I’ve never seen so many players limping on and off the field last night for JC. If you’re an Ashland fan you have to be exited about next Friday.
(10-14-2023, 04:01 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: Just wasn’t a very impressive outing by Johnson Central. Greenup held their own on both the defensive and offensive trenches.  JC doesn’t play physical football anymore and that’s the one thing that always separated them from most teams. I’ve never seen so many players limping on and off the field last night for JC. If you’re an Ashland fan you have to be exited about next Friday.

Im going to have to say otherwise, I watched a JC team bring the rain against Corbin and I'll expect that Ashland will see the same that Corbin saw. Johnson Central when healthy is a very diciplined and tuff team. Thats what I see..