Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 10th game? (replacement for North Hardin cancellation)
(10-15-2023, 09:44 AM)Corbin Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 10:51 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:23 PM)Corbin Wrote: This has nothing to do with anything but is there a more sensative little princess than Les Dixon on the 13th region Facebook page? My God, what a whiney little baby.

Shame on you for asking for a score Smile
I'll come here or turn on the radio if I ever need a score but he needs to realize that people don't read every little thing on their group. If someone innocently asking for a score IN A GAME THREAD gets him butt hurt, lord help him in society. Media folks in general seem pretty thin skinned and can't handle criticism despite most of it being well deserved. Someone posting a laughing emoji on his "This is how it's gonna go post" really got him going. How many "journalist" do you know that actually have played or know the game? All ego, no substance.
I know a few journalists and people on here that  couldn't have possibly played sports. As soft as they are they couldn't even have stood the basketball games we played. Don't you hate to have to coddle a person or walk on egg shells to keep from hurting their precious little feelings? They couldn't have lived through some of the teachers I had. I though they hated me at times. lol
(10-15-2023, 10:36 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:23 PM)Corbin Wrote: This has nothing to do with anything but is there a more sensative little princess than Les Dixon on the 13th region Facebook page? My God, what a whiney little baby.

I'll come here or turn on the radio if I ever need a score but he needs to realize that people don't read every little thing on their group. If someone innocently asking for a score IN A GAME THREAD gets him butt hurt, lord help him in society. Media folks in general seem pretty thin skinned and can't handle criticism despite most of it being well deserved. Someone posting a laughing emoji on his "This is how it's gonna go post" really got him going. How many "journalist" do you know that actually have played or know the game? All ego, no substance.

I love your Avatars!!! Keep up the good food photos!  Smile I fixed some soup beans just the other day.... Now you have switched pictures..

My mom is making chicken dumplins today and I'll probably cook a couple racks of ribs, and you guys are welcome to come eat with us anytime. The ones that will whine about posting about food are also welcome.
I've had soup beans, a roast, and now chicken and dumplins. I don't know what my next picture will be but just as soon as I have a hankerin for something, I'll change it. There is a rhyme and reason behind this madness. If I change it, it'll remind me when I get home what I want for supper. Right now I could go for some milk and cornbread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • pjdoug
(10-14-2023, 10:11 AM)Corbin Wrote: I heard on the radio broadcast that Corbin was actively looking for a 10th game week after next to replace the North Hardin cancellation. 9 games would destroy the RPI. Is there any word on who may be potential replacements? They made a good point that no 4A team would likely schedule them due to not wanting to boost Corbin's RPI which makes perfect sense.
Let it go please, we ain’t getting another game. We got what we got. Everyone knows how we schedule and why we schedule it the way we do. It’s got to the point we can’t get a game for all the shenanigans we’ve pulled over the years on teams. ( ask Alcoa). We gonna go undefeated yet again only to get spanked by Boyle when it matters. We need more games on schedule like a Fredrick Douglas or Southwestern or Bowling Green. Put some tough competition on our schedule every year and see how fast we go undefeated.. I’m good with loosing regular season games if it’s tough competition that’ll make us better in the playoffs. Go Hounds..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • HenryHankHill
(10-15-2023, 11:19 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

I love your Avatars!!! Keep up the good food photos!  Smile I fixed some soup beans just the other day.... Now you have switched pictures..

My mom is making chicken dumplins today and I'll probably cook a couple racks of ribs, and you guys are welcome to come eat with us anytime. The ones that will whine about posting about food are also welcome.
WHERE !!?? WHERE??!!!  Smile

(10-15-2023, 11:34 AM)Corbin Wrote: I've had soup beans, a roast, and now chicken and dumplins. I don't know what my next picture will be but just as soon as I have a hankerin for something, I'll change it. There is a rhyme and reason behind this madness. If I change it, it'll remind me when I get home what I want for supper. Right now I could go for some milk and cornbread.
You're speaking my (food) language !!!   My mother died over the summer and along with her went many of my most favorite meals and memories. I can't express to you how lost I feel. A void of food and love that can never be filled.
Such a huge talent gap exist between Corbin/Boyle and the rest this class and it's not even close, there's no way they end op on the same side of the bracket. That would be Crazy a move on the KHSAA. RPI is a non factor. When those two meet it'll be on the turf at Kroger Field.
(10-15-2023, 01:10 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Such a huge talent gap exist between Corbin/Boyle and the rest this class and it's not even close, there's no way they end op on the same side of the bracket.  That would be Crazy a move on the KHSAA.  RPI is a non factor.  When those two meet it'll be on the turf at Kroger Field.

A non-factor? What in the name of Dougie's pulled pork are you talking about?   RPI will determine the third and fourth round matchups. If Ashland loses at JC next week, Corbin will almost assuredly finish third in the East in RPI and Boyle #2. They would meet Friday, Nov 17 in Danville, unless Boyle loses at Douglass, which would bring the Rebels to Corbin on the 17th. Are you suggesting that KHSAA will rig the seedings to all but assure a Boyle-Corbin matchup at Kroger Field?
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest, pjdoug
(10-15-2023, 12:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 11:19 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 10:51 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Shame on you for asking for a score Smile

WHERE !!?? WHERE??!!!  Smile

(10-15-2023, 11:34 AM)Corbin Wrote: I've had soup beans, a roast, and now chicken and dumplins. I don't know what my next picture will be but just as soon as I have a hankerin for something, I'll change it. There is a rhyme and reason behind this madness. If I change it, it'll remind me when I get home what I want for supper. Right now I could go for some milk and cornbread.
You're speaking my (food) language !!!   My mother died over the summer and along with her went many of my most favorite meals and memories. I can't express to you how lost I feel. A void of food and love that can never be filled.

I'm so sorry for you and others that lost their precious mama's. I dread the day of losing mine. You guys are seriously welcome to eat with me anytime there is something to eat.