Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looks like we will have Boyle County vs Corbin on November 17th
No! That will not happen regardless of who wins.
Both of these teams fan bases will be huge Ashland fans in the second round. That’s the only way these 2 don’t play in round 3.
Covington Catholic will put a running clock on Ashland. Corbin vs Boyle is happening!! Get ready for it.
(10-22-2023, 01:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 11:29 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Boyle can't beat Frederick Douglass, then they sure wont beat Corbin at Corbin. I look for this game to mean a little more for both teams. Frederick Douglass needs this win for the fact that it's a statement game heading into the playoffs. Boyle needs to win to secure home field advantage in the 3rd round. I think it will be a knock down drag out game but like 64SUR said, Boyle has the best offense in the state. LCA is the second-best offense when hitting on all cylinders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle blow out Frederick Douglass. But I also wouldn't be surprised if its a barn burner coming down to the wire. Frederick Douglass is no joke. This is a must win game for Boyle County.

Boyle County 21
Frederick Douglass 14

Taking a safe low score pick.. I don't see a 6-0 though.

The Corbin offense that we are seeing now would have beaten FD 27-0. Corbin had TD taken away by the refs,  got a turnover by a twin at the end of the first half, and came up empty in several red zone opportunities.  6-0 was deceiving.

I hope Douglass beats Boyle like a rented mule.

(10-26-2023, 02:02 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: Just a thought... When Corbin and Boyle play on 11/17 could they ask to have it moved to say EKU or another larger venue? The visiting sections at both fields will not be big enough to accommodate the visiting teams fans.. Not doubt whoever hosts it will be a packed stadium.

If Boyle beats Douglas tomorrow night, then you have a standing invitation to Ballard Robinson field on 11/17 to watch Boyle play Corbin!!!
To be a state champion you “should” expect to beat a good team along the way and maybe have to win at least one road game and one at a neutral site. So, it doesn’t really matter when it happens.

The Haddix- Corbin/Boyle situation is great drama and intrigue.
(10-26-2023, 08:46 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 01:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 11:29 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Boyle can't beat Frederick Douglass, then they sure wont beat Corbin at Corbin. I look for this game to mean a little more for both teams. Frederick Douglass needs this win for the fact that it's a statement game heading into the playoffs. Boyle needs to win to secure home field advantage in the 3rd round. I think it will be a knock down drag out game but like 64SUR said, Boyle has the best offense in the state. LCA is the second-best offense when hitting on all cylinders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle blow out Frederick Douglass. But I also wouldn't be surprised if its a barn burner coming down to the wire. Frederick Douglass is no joke. This is a must win game for Boyle County.

Boyle County 21
Frederick Douglass 14

The Corbin offense that we are seeing now would have beaten FD 27-0. Corbin had TD taken away by the refs,  got a turnover by a twin at the end of the first half, and came up empty in several red zone opportunities.  6-0 was deceiving.

(10-26-2023, 02:02 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: Just a thought... When Corbin and Boyle play on 11/17 could they ask to have it moved to say EKU or another larger venue?  The visiting sections at both fields will not be big enough to accommodate the visiting teams fans.. Not doubt whoever hosts it will be a packed stadium.

If Boyle beats Douglas tomorrow night, then you have a standing invitation to Ballard Robinson field on 11/17 to watch Boyle play Corbin!!!

But I won't be hugging anyone from over there.  Nah... hell nah !

(10-26-2023, 03:43 PM)16 special Wrote: Both of these teams fan bases will be huge Ashland fans in the second round. That’s the only way these 2 don’t play in round 3.

Ashland can go suck a croc(odile) because they could have already kept Corbin and Boyle away from each other by beating a pedestrian JC team. Ashland, it turns out, is even more pedestrian.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Jack Lambert
I’m agree Old School I ain’t much on hugging either!
C’Mon guys!!! Hugging releases endorphins!! Hahahaha
If Boyle wins tomorrow I'll be at the exit gate giving out free hugs to all after the game.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Jack Lambert, Rip/Spin
Good job REBEL55!!!
(10-26-2023, 08:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 08:46 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 01:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Boyle County 21
Frederick Douglass 14

(10-26-2023, 02:02 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: Just a thought... When Corbin and Boyle play on 11/17 could they ask to have it moved to say EKU or another larger venue?  The visiting sections at both fields will not be big enough to accommodate the visiting teams fans.. Not doubt whoever hosts it will be a packed stadium.

But I won't be hugging anyone from over there.  Nah... hell nah !

(10-26-2023, 03:43 PM)16 special Wrote: Both of these teams fan bases will be huge Ashland fans in the second round. That’s the only way these 2 don’t play in round 3.

Ashland can go suck a croc(odile) because they could have already kept Corbin and Boyle away from each other by beating a pedestrian JC team. Ashland, it turns out, is even more pedestrian.
I remember a couple years back when Corbin wasn't that much and now that you have a DECENT team some of you act like you could beat the Steelers but if y'all truly think you're the best team in the state then you are in for a rude awakening. You can't even win 4a let alone the rest of the state. I'd stop overlooking everybody else but Boyle in 4a, you've done that before and you remember what it got you don't you ??
(10-22-2023, 12:07 PM)Westside Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 05:10 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 10:39 AM)Westside Wrote: This all reminds me of a time when most playoff games where competitive with good teams playing good teams throughout the playoffs.  It wasn't this water downed system we have now.  Oh the memories.
I bet you had fun traveling around watching all the other teams play! Haha

I was at Western Hills\Bondurant for 1 season.  That was in 2000.  We beat Franklin County 42-20.  So I am 1-0 against them.  Was I the reason we won?  Far far from it, but still.

I have Bondurant ancestors. I always thought of that every time I've went past that school in Frankfort. Also reminds me that I'm related to the moonshiners in Virginia that the Lawless movie is based on  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Jack Lambert
So, after last night's game does that mean the Corbin will be dining out on November 17? Hopefully they won't be missing that home cooking they were looking forward to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes With A Cause's post:
  • HighViz
To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Corbin not been the man in 41 years. Every year we are the man tho per BGR. How many times must we be humbled. We aren’t on the same level as Boyle. We do have the twins. But I’m not sure y’all watched the same game last night. Boyle will score at will with Quissenberry, Dawson and Bodner up the gut.. Fred D was much stronger than us on the interior lineman and linebackers. Sure, we got the edge.

Problem is. Boyle and Haddix can do both. Outside, inside, down the field and shallow.

Another thing. The defense of Boyle.

The only position on the field where Corbin wins is the edge. Please get your Fn heads out of Tommys, Harts, Mills, Mousers, Duncums butthole long enuf to notice.

Boyle isn’t looking forward to Corbin. They are focused on winning another ring. One game at a time.
[-] The following 2 users Like HighViz's post:
  • know1, toolaidback
(10-28-2023, 09:05 AM)HighViz Wrote: To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Corbin not been the man in 41 years. Every year we are the man tho per BGR. How many times must we be humbled. We aren’t on the same level as Boyle. We do have the twins. But I’m not sure y’all watched the same game last night. Boyle will score at will with Quissenberry, Dawson and Bodner up the gut.. Fred D was much stronger than us on the interior lineman and linebackers. Sure, we got the edge.

Problem is. Boyle and Haddix can do both. Outside, inside, down the field and shallow.

Another thing. The defense of Boyle.

The only position on the field where Corbin wins is the edge. Please get your Fn heads out of Tommys, Harts, Mills, Mousers, Duncums butthole long enuf to notice.

Boyle isn’t looking forward to Corbin. They are focused on winning another ring. One game at a time.

This post right here!