Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg; Floyd Central; or Betsy Layne
Which of these Floyd Co schools has the best infrastructure and feeder system?
Prestonsburg & Floyd Central have the nicest facilities. Betsy Layne & Prestonsburg have the best feeder systems.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
So, Prestonsburg is still the overall best program? Does Floyd Co. have elementary football or youth leagues?
(10-21-2023, 11:35 AM)ROTC Wrote: So, Prestonsburg is still the overall best program?  Does Floyd Co. have elementary football or youth leagues?
From top to bottom Prestonsburg has the best program. Feeder system, facilities, booster support, etc. 

Theres 70 currently in the flag football program, 25 C team players, 40 B team players, and 35 A team players.

Adams has won the last two 7/8 grade county championships.

Betsy Layne has a very good feeder system as well. Them and Adams games are always highly competitive.
I kinda figured just on the history and tradition that it was still Pburg; just curious what others close to the situation might feel.

Will Jarrell stay in BL and surpass the burg as a program???
I think Betsy Layne has a great argument of being best feeder program.
I think Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne are about even when comparing the feeder programs. If you break it down by grade I would say, Prestonsburg has stronger 8th and 5th grade classes, and Betsy Layne has a stronger 6th and 7th grade class. I don't know a lot about the C-team level, but Floyd Central did win the county championship this year. As far as facilities, I would say Floyd Central, Prestonsburg, and then Betsy Layne. If all of these teams can stay intact, there will be a lot of good football in Floyd County for the foreseeable future.
[-] The following 2 users Like Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, jetpilot
Jammin Jamey Johnson recently went on a rant on WMDJ's Wednesday night sports talk show about the fact Betsy Layne doesn't have facilities as good as Prestonsburg's and Floyd Central's.  I don't know where the blame goes, but he wasn't happy and he is a Floyd Central man through and through.
(10-24-2023, 03:23 PM)Westside Wrote: Jammin Jamey Johnson recently went on a rant on WMDJ's Wednesday night sports talk show about the fact Betsy Layne doesn't have facilities as good as Prestonsburg's and Floyd Central's.  I don't know where the blame goes, but he wasn't happy and he is a Floyd Central man through and through.

He was talking about not having internet in the booth though.  They have tried so many times to get wifi placed in the booth and the field house but never have any luck.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-24-2023, 03:29 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-24-2023, 03:23 PM)Westside Wrote: Jammin Jamey Johnson recently went on a rant on WMDJ's Wednesday night sports talk show about the fact Betsy Layne doesn't have facilities as good as Prestonsburg's and Floyd Central's.  I don't know where the blame goes, but he wasn't happy and he is a Floyd Central man through and through.

He was talking about not having internet in the booth though.  They have tried so many times to get wifi placed in the booth and the field house but never have any luck.

Yes, I know he was talking about the internet or lack there of, but I also took it that there were other issues besides that.
(10-24-2023, 03:55 PM)Westside Wrote:

Yes, I know he was talking about the internet or lack there of, but I also took it that there were other issues besides that.

The locker room is about the size of a normal sized cla. ssroom.  bare on equipment as well.  The coaches and players there are working the best they can with what they got
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Westside
(10-24-2023, 09:04 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-24-2023, 03:55 PM)Westside Wrote:

The locker room is about the size of a normal sized cla. ssroom.  bare on equipment as well.  The coaches and players there are working the best they can with what they got
They have nothing. Uniforms and helmets. No equipment. Don't even have the sleds, I thought everybody had those. Weight room is a joke, the boys mostly just go to a commercial gym. They have virtually no support from the BOE, and that's what he was mostly talking about on the radio. Locker room is very inadequate. Guys on the radio said why would they not want to transfer to Pikeville or someplace else that shows interest and supports their teams. They also pulled up a bunch of numbers showing how the pike county teams have dominated the Floyd teams over the years. It's really sad to see our boys treated like that and very frustrating to the coaches and parents.
[-] The following 2 users Like Panther88's post:
  • Burner, Westside
Floyd central has nice facilities but they have small feeder schools with smaller student bodies. Dace and May Valley are good schools but both are small and basically share the same small area just a few miles apart. Then you have south floyd elem.. Its not a very big school either and a lot of good athletes from left beaver travel elsewhere to play these days..
Last superintendent put a lot of money in to redo weight room for BL. Last superintendent bought some weight equipment from my family and gave it to BL.

Is BL, Pburg, and FC in need of some upgrades yes but they are no where near the bottom of list.

Pburg just got new track. They’re getting new turf next year.

BL the following year.

Sf, Dace, and MV all feeds into FC. No excuse for them to not have a good program in all sports.
This should even be a conversation, Prestonsburg should be the best in the county.