Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where were you?
Answer all that apply:

When you first heard about 9/11?

When the 2nd (*current) Iraq war started?

When Reagan was shot?

When Lennon was shot?

When Elvis died?

When Kennedy was shot?

When Lincoln was shot? Smile
When you first heard about 9/11?--Working

When the 2nd (*current) Iraq war started?--at home

When Reagan was shot?--at school

When Lennon was shot?--??

When Elvis died?--at home ( I was only around 8 years old)

When Kennedy was shot?--wasn't born

ronald_reagan Wrote:Answer all that apply:

When Reagan was shot?

When Lennon was shot?

When Elvis died?

When Kennedy was shot?

On 9/11, I was underground at a mines for Sidney Coal. My Job was General Mine Foreman and I had about 4 Federal Inspectors with me. The next thing I know they come running to me and telling me they have to leave right now. I ask them what was wrong and they said the USA was under attack and that all Federal Offices were shutting down. They didn't even write me any violations.
When the 2nd war was started, My family and I was actually watching it on TV, if I'm not mistaken.
When Reagan was shot, I was at school. Grade school I believe.
Don't remember when Lennon was shot.
When Elvis died. My entire family was at my Grand parents house, who lived just below us, with exception of my two sisters who were at our house. We were all outside and my sisters found out about it and was racing each other on there bikes to my grandparents house to see who would get to tell us first. As they were coming across the bridge they ran into each other and went over the side of the bridge into the creek. We all came running to check on them and my oldest sister raised up out of the water and said in a very sad and painful voice "Elvis died". It was actually quite funny.
Can't remember Kennedy getting shot.
I was sitting in the first row watching the show when Lincoln was shot, scared me to death.Big Grin

When you first heard about 9/11? - At school.

When the 2nd (*current) Iraq war started?- At school

When Reagan was shot? - wasn't born

When Lennon was shot? wasn't born

When Elvis died? wasn't born

When Kennedy was shot? wasn't born

wasn't born
You weren't born on 9/11 or during the 2nd Iraq war?
I was working the floor in D-building at Red Onion Supermax Prison when our building Sgt pulled all the officers and told us to meet in the vestibule. He told us about the two planes striking the world trade center towers, and we hadnt learned of the Pentagon or the Pennsylvania events because they hadnt happened as of then. That was the quietest Ive ever heard that prison. I was mad, ****ed, and in disbelief. They doubled the perimeter security with roving trucks, and put six officers walking it..it was our generations Pearl Harbor (although it pains me at how this generation backs down and does nothing but whine about everything, unlike THAT generation. Thats why THAT generation is our greatest)..When the second Iraq war started I was in Wal Mart buying stuff to change my oil in my car, when I saw it on one of their televisions, and there was a crowd of people around it..I was in head start when Reagan was shot. I came home, and my mom was watching the news on television..Dont know where I was when Lennon was shot, nor do I care or lose sleep about it...I was on top of the refrigerator, throwing items off the top of it as a 1 1/2 year old when Elvis died. I was watching a play at Fords Theater when I heard a gunshot ring out, and I saw this man jump on the stage, scream something about Tyrants and took off, limping..then I seen some guy with a beard bleeding pretty bad. Some guy in a "Marshall Tucker Band World Tour '77" shirt told me it was President Lincoln.
Hey man, you forgot to ask where we were when Skynyrd's plane went down, which was way more important then Lennon and Elvis, lol..
When you first heard about 9/11? - High School english class

When the 2nd (*current) Iraq war started?- Fort Campbell

When Reagan was shot? - wasn't born

When Lennon was shot? wasn't born

When Elvis died? wasn't born

When Kennedy was shot? wasn't born

When Lincoln was shot? lol

When Reagan was shot?

When Lennon was shot?

When Elvis died?

When Kennedy was shot?

When you first heard about 9/11? - Home

When the 2nd (*current) Iraq war started? - Home....I think

When Reagan was shot? - Work

When Lennon was shot? - Home

When Elvis died? - School

When Kennedy was shot? - Don't remember

When Lincoln was shot? - I remember it well, it was April 14, 1865, I was a body guard at Fords Theater, in Washington D.C. actually I was trying to take a nap in the balcony when I heard a loud bang, I thought someone had set off a firecracker.....woke me up out of a sound sleep. For some reason I was fired after that night. Smile