Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calpreps predictions
I know there are not a lot of mayfield fans in here, but just thought I’d throw this out there. Cal Preps has Mayfield beating LCA, Owensboro Catholic, and Beechwwod on a Neutral field. As RPI stands right now, if I have it figured right, they would play LCA at home, if they win that game, play Owensboro Catholic at Owensboro, and if they win there Beechwood at Kroger. All games were predicted with less than a TD on a neutral field. Just food for discussion.
[-] The following 3 users Like rookie57's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gitback Coach, Westside
So Mayfield is going to have to go through a gauntlet and Beechwood will have to beat who?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-20-2023, 12:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote: So Mayfield is going to have to go through a gauntlet and Beechwood will have to beat who?
Beechwood’s road to Kroger is going to be easy cause the other top 3 are all in the west. WHOEVER comes out of the west will have to beat 2 of the top 4, just to get to Kroger and then face 2 time defending champions Beecwood if I understand it correctly.

As far as beechwood’s road I’m not really sure, just guessing here,, DANVILLE, Somerset?

I forgot breathitt county, they will be in the mix for beechwood to I think
(10-20-2023, 01:15 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 12:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote: So Mayfield is going to have to go through a gauntlet and Beechwood will have to beat who?
Beechwood’s road to Kroger is going to be easy cause the other top 3 are all in the west. WHOEVER comes out of the west will have to beat 2 of the top 4, just to get to Kroger and then face 2 time defending champions Beecwood if I understand it correctly.

As far as beechwood’s road I’m not really sure, just guessing here,, DANVILLE, Somerset?

Definitely not Danville. They are bad. Probably Somerset and Shelby Valley are 2 next best teams in East after Beechwood. This is crazy to think about but if Shelby Valley can avoid Beechwood round 3 it’s a good possibility they could make the semis and be traveling to Mayfield round 4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Rip/Spin
(10-20-2023, 01:36 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Definitely not Danville. They are bad. Probably Somerset and Shelby Valley are 2 next best teams in East after Beechwood. This is crazy to think about but if Shelby Valley can avoid Beechwood round 3 it’s a good possibility they could make the semis and be traveling to Mayfield round 4.

Having blow outs in round 4 are not ideal for the Kentucky football grand scheme of things.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-20-2023, 01:57 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Having blow outs in round 4 are not ideal for the Kentucky football grand scheme of things.
6 classes is the reason. 5 classes is the way to go. Imagine a semi finals of Pikeville vs Mayfield and Raceland vs Beechwood in 1A. Other than 6A once you get past the top 4-5 teams in each class it’s a huge drop off. Each class other than 6A is watered down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Gitback Coach

Somerset is above SV in RPI, so unless I'm mistaken it would likely be winner of Breathitt County/Shelby Valley who would be playing Beechwood in Round 3.

Am I wrong or does the semis not go to statewide RPI? If that is the case then I think it would be O'Cath hosting Somerset in the semis, and then either Beechwood travelling to Mayfield or LCA traveling to Beechwood if all hold chalk with their current RPI rankings.

I think only Somerset makes it to round 2 out of their district

I don't think that's correct, unless the semis have been split into East/West, in which case I'm wrong. It looks like Owensboro Catholic should have the easiest road to the finals as they will manage to avoid LCA, Mayfield, and Beechwood until then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shogun's post:
  • Rip/Spin
Round 3 is split up into East and West. Round 4 it’s state wide.
(10-20-2023, 02:15 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

6 classes is the reason. 5 classes is the way to go. Imagine a semi finals of Pikeville vs Mayfield and Raceland vs Beechwood in 1A. Other than 6A once you get past the top 4-5 teams in each class it’s a huge drop off. Each class other than 6A is watered down.
I’m 2A I don’t think there’s a lot of chances for anyone outside the top 4

(10-20-2023, 02:15 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

I would love a mayfield Pikeville game.

(10-20-2023, 02:43 PM)Shogun Wrote:

I don't think that's correct, unless the semis have been split into East/West, in which case I'm wrong. It looks like Owensboro Catholic should have the easiest road to the finals as they will manage to avoid LCA, Mayfield, and Beechwood until then.
You may be correct, I just posted how I thoght it was, I very possibly could be wrong.

And my assumptions were based on the RPI TODAY. I don’t think many people, myself included, know how all the points add up. I did hear RUMOR today that North Hardin might be forefeiting a couple wins, OWENSCORO CATHOLIC plays them next week and if that rumor is true won’t that hurt OC’s RPI based on OOWP?
I would love to see Mayfield win it all this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • rookie57
In the quarter finals (elite 8), the east and west are seeded 1 through 4. In the semi finals (final four) is state wide.

Right now, the seeds would be in the quarter finals would be...
West: 1. Owens Cath vs. 4.Green Co.
West: 2. Mayfield vs. Lex. Chris.

East: 1. Beechwood vs. 4. Betsy Layne
East: 2. Somerset vs. 3. Shelby Valley

Semi Finals
1. Owensboro Cath vs. Somerset/Valley
2. Mayfield vs. 3. Beechwood or 2.Beechwood vs. Lex. Cath.

Sorry, Carrol County is in the east. They would be the 3 seed at the moment from the east.
(10-20-2023, 09:57 PM)bball_fan Wrote: In the quarter finals (elite 8), the east and west are seeded 1 through 4. In the semi finals (final four) is state wide.

Right now, the seeds would be in the quarter finals would be...
West: 1. Owens Cath vs. 4.Green Co.
West: 2. Mayfield vs. Lex. Chris.

East: 1. Beechwood vs. 4. Betsy Layne
East: 2. Somerset vs. 3. Shelby Valley

Semi Finals
1. Owensboro Cath vs. Somerset/Valley
2. Mayfield vs. 3. Beechwood or 2.Beechwood vs. Lex. Cath.

Sorry, Carrol County is in the east. They would be the 3 seed at the moment from the east.
So mayfield would have to go through LC AND Beechwood to get to the finals,,, sheeeez,,
I was kinda hoping Green would pass Lca or we would pass OC in RPI but...... It looks like we are going to have the hardest run to the trophy almost in the state outside of the 4a crown...
I hate to see blow outs as well, but I like the 6 class system because it gives high school players more games. When a kid plays high school football, he never wants it to end. When a kid strappes a pair of shoulder pads or buckles a helmet for the last time there is no other feeling like it. Ordinary fans do not understand what high school football means to these kids, it's a brotherhood bond that is never broken. Let the kids play in as many games as they can.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rock nation's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
(10-22-2023, 03:22 PM)ontopofthewest Wrote: I was kinda hoping Green would pass Lca or we would pass OC in RPI but......  It looks like we are going to have the hardest run to the trophy almost in the state outside of the 4a crown...
Doesn’t mayfield have a CHANCE to pass OC next week with the ordeal with north Hardin having to forfeit some games?
(10-22-2023, 08:40 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 03:22 PM)ontopofthewest Wrote: I was kinda hoping Green would pass Lca or we would pass OC in RPI but......  It looks like we are going to have the hardest run to the trophy almost in the state outside of the 4a crown...
Doesn’t mayfield have a CHANCE to pass OC next week with the ordeal with north Hardin having to forfeit some games?
Yea... but i dont think opponents winning percentage is going to be enough to really change anything bc .... north hardin maybe 6a with only one win.... we play christian 6a with only 2 wins...  so i think its safe to say its a wash imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ontopofthewest's post:
  • rookie57
Anything can happen at War Memorial in favor of Mayfield but I'm afraid LCA's run game will be the difference this year. I'll be pulling for Mayfield and Owensboro Catholic. I'd love to see Mayfield beat LCA and see Beechwood drive to WKY. I feel this is how it's going to turn out though....
Somerset @ Owensboro Catholic
LCA @ Beechwood
I think a lot of people are sleeping on Mayfield and don’t think they are as good as they usually are. Either way Mayfield always improves as the year progresses. And Coach Morris is still the best at making adjustments and turning his shortfalls into opportunities to shine in other areas.
He has great success at maximizing his team’s abilities.
It seems on paper that there are stronger teams in 2A this year, but all I’m saying is don’t sleep on the Cards because I promise you no one will make an easy out of them.
(10-20-2023, 07:48 PM)Westside Wrote: I would love to see Mayfield win it all this year.

As an Old Hound, Mayfield was a big rival back in the day. Great games, always , between the Hounds and Cards. Teams fought hard for 48 minutes but left with mutual respect after each competition.  For that reason, I always root for Mayfield !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • rookie57
(10-24-2023, 03:43 PM)truebluefan89 Wrote: I think a lot of people are sleeping on Mayfield and don’t think they are as good as they usually are. Either way Mayfield always improves as the year progresses. And Coach Morris is still the best at making adjustments and turning his shortfalls into opportunities to shine in other areas.
It seems on paper that there are stronger teams in 2A this year, but all I’m saying is don’t sleep on the Cards because I promise you no one will make an easy out of them.

I hear you but I don't think anybody ever sleeps on Mayfield that knows KY high school football. I was at last year's Mayfield / LCA game and the lack of running game by LCA was the biggest factor. They solved that problem with their transfer. The kid is a special kind of RB. As a sophomore, I watched him run for 120 yards (avg. 5 per carry) against St. X in the 6A semifinals. To put it in perspective, Male ran for a team total of 64 in the finals against St. X. As for 2A, I wouldn't be surprised by any of the top 4 winning it all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • truebluefan89
(10-24-2023, 06:23 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(10-24-2023, 03:43 PM)truebluefan89 Wrote: I think a lot of people are sleeping on Mayfield and don’t think they are as good as they usually are. Either way Mayfield always improves as the year progresses. And Coach Morris is still the best at making adjustments and turning his shortfalls into opportunities to shine in other areas.

I hear you but I don't think anybody ever sleeps on Mayfield that knows KY high school football. I was at last year's Mayfield / LCA game and the lack of running game by LCA was the biggest factor. They solved that problem with their transfer. The kid is a special kind of RB. As a sophomore, I watched him run for 120 yards (avg. 5 per carry) against St. X in the 6A semifinals. To put it in perspective, Male ran for a team total of 64 in the finals against St. X. As for 2A, I wouldn't be surprised by any of the top 4 winning it all.
He is a stud, I think mayfield has a better chance of limiting Boley than they do Hensley.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Glory_Days