Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
87.50%
Prestonsburg
12.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County at Prestonsburg 10/27
Breathitt County (4-5)
 Aug 18, 23 Belfry home (L) 14 - 48 
Aug 25, 23 Perry County Central away (L) 26 - 29 
Sep 1, 23 Lewis County home (W) 63 - 13
Sep 8, 23 Johnson Central away (L) 0 - 41
Sep 15, 23 Hazard away (W) 41 - 6 
Sep 22, 23 Letcher County Central home (L) 21 - 25 
Sep 29, 23 Somerset home (L) 21 - 42 
Oct 13, 23 Leslie County home (W) 48 - 14 
Oct 20, 23 Danville away (W) 50 - 13

Prestonsburg (5-4)
Aug 18, 23 Leslie County home (W) 30 - 21 
Aug 26, 23 East Ridge at Pikeville (W) 26 - 6 Pike County Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Paintsville away (L) 38 - 40 
Sep 8, 23 Lewis County home (W) 42 - 28 
Sep 15, 23 Pike County Central away (W) 13 - 7 
Sep 22, 23 Betsy Layne away (L) 14 - 33 
Sep 29, 23 Martin County away (L) 0 - 44 
Oct 13, 23 Floyd Central away (L) 28 - 43 
Oct 20, 23 Knott County Central home (W) 52 - 20

Recent History
Oct 2, 1998 Breathitt County 37 Prestonsburg 6 District Game
Nov 5, 1999 Breathitt County 55 Prestonsburg 12 1999 Class AA Tournament First Round Class AA
Nov 17, 2000 Prestonsburg 22 Breathitt County 6 2000 Class AA Tournament
Nov 15, 2002 Breathitt County 42 Prestonsburg 24 2002 Class AA Football State Tournament
Nov 7, 2003 Breathitt County 2 Prestonsburg 0 2003 Class AA Football State Tournament (forfeit)
Nov 12, 2004 Prestonsburg 40 Breathitt County 29 2004 Class AA Football State Tournament
Aug 31, 2007 Breathitt County 12 Prestonsburg 7
Sep 5, 2008 Prestonsburg 27 Breathitt County 20
Sep 4, 2009 Prestonsburg 26 Breathitt County 25
Sep 3, 2010 Breathitt County 49 Prestonsburg 21
Sep 11, 2015 Prestonsburg 40 Breathitt County 14
Sep 9, 2016 Prestonsburg 53 Breathitt County 13
Sep 8, 2017 Prestonsburg 60 Breathitt County 26
Sep 7, 2018 Breathitt County 41 Prestonsburg 8

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...686a656543
Breathitt big
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
A big loss this week followed by another next week @ Betsy Layne to a former Pburg QB. When will the "we're young and rebuilding" excuse end? John has been gone for 5 years, and don't give me a lecture about how I don't know the dynamics of the program. I DO. Every year it's the same crap. We are last in Floyd County. There's never an excuse for that. Players are playing out of position, we run 7 plays that are easily guessable, the field has not been taken care of, and our home sideline is now the away sideline because he couldn't handle the parents yelling. There are many other examples, but from the top to the bottom this program is being run poorly. Another mass exodus of kids is coming within the middle school programs. Brewer is a nice guy and I'm sure he's a great asset to the school, but he went 20-16 at Powell County and now will finish the year 24-37 at Pburg. The only reason we've won 5 this year is because we're playing Cupcake U. Why are we tolerating this? Maybe he can serve in a different capacity, but I don't think he's the guy who's going to unite the community and get the kids out to play... let alone scheme and coach. We have three administrators and a football coach who never played for Prestonsburg. Time to bring some old-school tradition and Blackcat blood back into the mix!
Breathitt easy.
Breathitt County heating up
Breathitt County!!!
These two schools have something in common- state takeover.

Does the state always come in and try to destroy sports; or this just an anomaly ?
Breathitt probably running clock midway thru 3rd.

Don't be fooled by Breathitt these last few weeks. Weak competition fixes a lot of problems.

They will get slaughtered by Beechwood in Rd 2 if they can win next week.
Breathitt should win. With that loss this will be one of Coach brewers best seasons at Pburg with a 5-5 record. If pburg could win this and get 6 wins I look for them to give Brewer a raise.
Breathitt wins this one convincingly
Breathitt running clock. I’ve watched a couple Pburg games online and they look very small for a high school team. Seen middle school teams bigger in size. I’ve talked to some Pburg folks and they say Brewer is a great guy treats the kids good but not sure if he can get them back to where they want to go in football. Some have said that he is too nice and doesn’t get the kids fired up in the big games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Being “fired up” is a mindset and comes from lots of things you do in a program. But a coach yelling and screaming and kids echoing it is good for….”running out the tunnel”- maybe.

I’m not sure what happens now at P-burg; but they used to play with their HC’s personality- NASTY! LOL
I think Breathitt County will be the best team Prestonsburg has seen all season. They're big and physical, but they aren't perfect and have their weaknesses. I think it'll be a nice tune up game for the Blackcats heading into the playoffs vs. Betsy Layne.

The Blackcats are fully capable of giving Breathitt County a game, I'm just not sure how much you want to put on film. Do you run your base stuff and hope for the best or do you come out swinging and try and win a football game that doesn't really matter that much at all? I think it's a fair question, but if it were me I'd try and win the dang game and I think that's what the players would want to do also. It'll be the last game on that field for these Blackcat seniors and these coaches and their teammates owe it to these guys to give them one helluva effort Friday night.

Blackcats need to play near mistake free football and force Breathitt into a few turnovers. Defense will have to play very aggressive and play disciplined. Outside of the Martin County game, turnovers have been the backbreaker for Prestonsburg in their other losses. It can't happen anymore if you want to win football games this time of the year. Special teams needs to be on point also. The Blackcats need to be sharp and execute their play calls. It's going to take everyone doing their job to pull a game like this out.

I believe in this team and these coaches, the talent is there. Everyone just needs to band together this week and definitely for the playoffs and prove all the doubters wrong. Play and coach with a chip on your shoulders.

Hoping for a injury free game... Go Blackcats!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-22-2023, 09:21 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Breathitt probably running clock midway thru 3rd.

Don't be fooled by Breathitt these last few weeks. Weak competition fixes a lot of problems.

They will get slaughtered by Beechwood in Rd 2 if they can win next week.

Majority of teams in the state would get "slaughtered" by Beechwood

I agree that Breathitt is not good but getting beat by Beechwood as an indicator of that is not a good one lol 

Breathitt wins comfortably in this one.
Don't let Breathitt's record fool you, they have played some pretty good football teams. I don't know a lot about Breathitt, but from what I have heard they would have beaten Perry Central and Letcher if they didn't commit a lot of unnecessary personal foul penalties in crucial points of the game. From what I have gathered they are big and physical, and this doesn't bode well for the Blackcats. Martin County completely dominated us with being physical on both sides of the ball, especially upfront and Floyd Central proved to be more physical as well. Hopefully, we can compete, but we have got to be able to throw the ball, because we can't be Breathitt by simply running the ball. The key is to get out of this game healthy and get ready for Betsy Layne. If Brewer gets beat by Betsy Layne twice in one year, it could very well be the end of the Brewer era in Prestonsburg!
Breathitt big
B.C. Has the way more talented team.
Breathitt is improving, and they seem to be playing as a unit, and they have become more disciplined, especially on the defensive side of the ball. The offense is starting to improve and it all starts with Stacy. He seems to be more comfortable rolling out and throwing the ball, instead of being in the pocket.

I have heard that Brewer is on the hot seat, so the Blackcats may have a little extra motivation when the Bobcats roll into town. If Breathitt continues to stay disciplined and can play a clean game, I look for the Bobcats to roll. If they turn over the ball and become undisciplined, this game could be closer than most expect. I look for the Bobcats to come out and take care of business. Breathitt wins 45-7.