Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Champion picks
3A goes to belfry!!! Lol
1A - My heart is pulling for Campbellsville but my brain tells me Pikeville is the smart choice
2A - I really think Owensboro Catholic could take it this year but I'll stick with LCA as my "official" pick.
3A - I think CAL is a head above everybody else here
4A - Boyle is going to be tough. Obviously Corbin is a good pick as well, but I think Boyle is the favorite in my eyes
5A - I'll go with Highlands as my favorite, but I'm not super confident in it.
6A - I have no idea. I'll pick St Xavier.
(10-20-2023, 05:29 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 05:11 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 04:27 PM)Fade Wrote: Raceland
LCA
CAL
Boyle
BG
Trinity
Raceland??? The others maybe, but raceland is not gonna beat Pikeville
Haven't they already tho
Yes, 7-6 I believe, don’t think it will happen again tho
Pikeville 
LCA
Lex Cath
Boyle
Just spin a wheel at this point
Male

Some questions I have going into November: Can Lex Cath stay healthy? Is there no crack in Corbin's defensive armor? Is Pikeville walking into a football game or a coronation?
If Pikeville wins another championship (which I have a huge sack of money on) it will be one of the most satisfying seasons in their history. The epic class that graduated and all the new faces in starting roles, scheduling issues that led to a month of no games, injuries to a couple key players, a rare loss to a Class A rival, probably going on the road in the semis vs possibly an undefeated team...overcome all that and it is extra sweet...

I have faith and the fun starts tomorrow...
(10-26-2023, 09:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote: If Pikeville wins another championship (which I have a huge sack of money on) it will be one of the most satisfying seasons in their history. The epic class that graduated and all the new faces in starting roles, scheduling issues that led to a month of no games, injuries to a couple key players, a rare loss to a Class A rival, probably going on the road in the semis vs possibly an undefeated team...overcome all that and it is extra sweet...

Entertaining the likelihood they all get there, it will be interesting to see what happens. Campbellsville is undefeated and Pikeville would have to travel there. That team is going to fight with everything they have and they have some athletes. Then a trip to Kroger to face a team that would love nothing more than to beat them at their place and then back it up with a state championship. Ultimate revenge. Raceland would be riding a wave of confidence knowing they already beat the Panthers. It’s a really good matchup. My opinion is Pikeville has a talent edge but Raceland proved to be hungrier first time around. Will Pikeville be hungry to show the game earlier this year was more about their errors than anything Raceland did? Raceland will see blood in the water. That game will deliver. With other 1A teams around the state losing some key pieces, if Pikeville gets this one, they are set up for the next 3 years and next year could be a bloodbath.
(10-26-2023, 11:27 PM)Belichick Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 09:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote: If Pikeville wins another championship (which I have a huge sack of money on) it will be one of the most satisfying seasons in their history. The epic class that graduated and all the new faces in starting roles, scheduling issues that led to a month of no games, injuries to a couple key players, a rare loss to a Class A rival, probably going on the road in the semis vs possibly an undefeated team...overcome all that and it is extra sweet...

Entertaining the likelihood they all get there, it will be interesting to see what happens. Campbellsville is undefeated and Pikeville would have to travel there. That team is going to fight with everything they have and they have some athletes. Then a trip to Kroger to face a team that would love nothing more than to beat them at their place and then back it up with a state championship. Ultimate revenge. Raceland would be riding a wave of confidence knowing they already beat the Panthers. It’s a really good matchup. My opinion is Pikeville has a talent edge but Raceland proved to be hungrier first time around. Will Pikeville be hungry to show the game earlier this year was more about their errors than anything Raceland did? Raceland will see blood in the water. That game will deliver. With other 1A teams around the state losing some key pieces, if Pikeville gets this one, they are set up for the next 3 years and next year could be a bloodbath.

Next year will be very ugly for all Class A teams except Pikeville. Brutal. Get this one first though lol.
1a - Pikeville

2a- LCA

3a- CAL

4a - Boyle county

5a -  Bowling Green

6a- Male