Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central/Paintsville.
With JC building this new state of the art school, how do y’all think that will affect Paintsville’s program’s? 

Will a lot of the talent from Paintsville go to JC due to this? 

Would they ever consolidate? 

Thoughts?
This is an interesting thread I will follow for sure!
Most of the talent from Paintsville is already at JC. And I can just about guarantee they will never consolidate
Surprised the AI on this site even allowed you to put those two schools in the same thread title
[-] The following 3 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • Diogenes, jetpilot, Redneck
(10-27-2023, 01:02 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Surprised the AI on this site even allowed you to put those two schools in the same thread title

The AI is good, but it's not that good. lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • 2000PHS
It would be over the city folks' dead bodies if they consolidated. Lot of pride over there. Don't blame them.
Personally, I believe there will a lot of kids from all of the surrounding schools that will transfer to JC once the new school & facilities open up. I believe you’ll see kids from Paintsville, Prestonsburg, Magoffin, Martin and Lawrence. Maybe even some from a few other schools.

As far as a consolidation, I can’t ever see that happening.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(10-26-2023, 09:40 PM)Woodshed Wrote: Most of the talent from Paintsville is already at JC. And I can just about guarantee they will never consolidate
That’s not even close to being accurate.You’re either uninformed or just flat out lying. Paintsville’s 5th and 6th grade was three to four touchdown’s or more better than Johnson counties 6th grade team. If I’m not mistaken, Paintsville had a record of 10-1 and JC went 0-10 this season in that age group . Paintsville's 3rd and 4th grade football team was better than any Johnson county elementary school team by several touchdown’s and I seriously doubt a Johnson county all-star team for that age group could beat them. Anyone that watched these teams and are being honest, will tell you all the same thing.
(10-27-2023, 01:11 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 01:02 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Surprised the AI on this site even allowed you to put those two schools in the same thread title

Before I became a moderator on this site I made a thread asking why Johnson Central and Paintsville didn't play each other anymore.  The thread was deleted and if I remember correctly  Strikeout King made a post stating that if anyone started a similar thread, they would be banned.  I always figured Pulp Fiction was behind that, but I could be wrong.  Anyway, I see there being no way the 2 schools will ever consolidate.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • Bud_Bundy, jetpilot
(10-28-2023, 12:27 AM)Westside Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 01:11 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Before I became a moderator on this site I made a thread asking why Johnson Central and Paintsville didn't play each other anymore.  The thread was deleted and if I remember correctly  Strikeout King made a post stating that if anyone started a similar thread, they would be banned.  I always figured Pulp Fiction was behind that, but I could be wrong.  Anyway, I see there being no way the 2 schools will ever consolidate.
I could see them playing that rivalry game again sometime in the near future.  JC will never be a power house like they were with Matney, but they will never be as bad as they were for the many years before he was the coach there.

(10-27-2023, 11:59 PM)Redneck Wrote: Personally, I believe there will a lot of kids from all of the surrounding schools that will transfer to JC once the new school & facilities open up. I believe you’ll see kids from Paintsville, Prestonsburg, Magoffin, Martin and Lawrence. Maybe even some from a few other schools.

As far as a consolidation, I can’t ever see that happening.
I’m not sure if I agree with this. Sure some kids will transfer, but you won’t see a ton of athletes make that move. When it comes to sports, kids want to play. JC is a large school for this area, that isn’t easy to get playing time at as it is in sports.
(10-28-2023, 12:11 AM)Bud_Bundy Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 09:40 PM)Woodshed Wrote: Most of the talent from Paintsville is already at JC. And I can just about guarantee they will never consolidate
That’s not even close to being accurate.You’re either uninformed or just flat out lying. Paintsville’s 5th and 6th grade was three to four touchdown’s or more better than Johnson counties 6th grade team. If I’m not mistaken, Paintsville had a record of 10-1 and JC went 0-10 this season in that age group . Paintsville's 3rd and 4th grade football team was better than any Johnson county elementary school team by several touchdown’s and I seriously doubt a Johnson county all-star team for that age group could beat them. Anyone that watched these teams and are being honest, will tell you all the same thing.
Mister, I'm well informed and you must either have some nerve or be really ignorant to accuse someone of lying, kids have a long way to go from 3rd and 4th grade till high school and a whole lot of kids develop and improve in that time. Hey maybe if their elementary teams are that good they might play the JC elementary schools now that they won't be embarrassed and even have a chance of winning.
I don’t know if consolidation is biased towards sports lol. Almost in all situations I would take a peak at enrollment and the all mighty dollar to ever assume if this would happen. Just a thought…
This thread should never have been started, it's already beginning to get heated lol!
(10-28-2023, 08:13 AM)Woodshed Wrote: This thread should never have been started, it's already beginning to get heated lol!
Made it 24 hours. I would have lost the over/ under bet lol 

No chance of consolidation in the near future. Enrollment/ tax money would be the determining factors. Paintsville is a top 15 schools district they will continue to attract students. Enrollment numbers are up.
[-] The following 2 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • Diogenes, jetpilot
(10-28-2023, 05:18 AM)Woodshed Wrote:
Mister, I'm well informed and you must either have some nerve or be really ignorant to accuse someone of lying, kids have a long way to go from 3rd and 4th grade till high school and a whole lot of kids develop and improve in that time. Hey maybe if their elementary teams are that good they might play the JC elementary schools now that they won't be embarrassed and even have a chance of winning.
That’s what I thought, you have no idea what you’re talking about. The 5/6 grade at Paintsville asked coach wright to play his 6th grade team twice this year and he turned them down. JC elementary schools haven’t beaten a team outside of Johnson county in 5 years or more. Darin Blanton was the last coach to do it and he got ran off by Peck. If you were well informed you would know what’s been happening in Johnson county recently that has helped Paintsville’s  youth teams get better.
Didn't Paintsville's 7th and 8th grade team lose every game this year?

Didn't a lot of the JC 6th graders play up on this years 7th grade team?

Isn't this years Paintsville 5/6th grade team's best players transfers from the county whose parents transfered them due to conflicts with former county employees?

I'm not in the know, just asking about rumors on the street.
(10-28-2023, 10:42 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: Didn't Paintsville's 7th and 8th grade team lose every game this year?

Isn't this years Paintsville 5/6th grade team's best players transfers from the county whose parents transfered them due to conflicts with former county employees?

Paintsville middle school had a horrible season. They need a new head coach and majority of the team were 7th grade kids. That’s correct.

Their wasn’t a single 6th grade kid at JC that played up on the 7th grade that’s 100 percent not true. That’s hilarious. 

Paintsville has probably had a dozen kids transfer from the county due to various reasons this year and last. Daddy ball being the main reason I was told.
Can we get back to the new school/facilities conversations?
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 2 users Like Redneck's post:
  • Bud_Bundy, Diogenes
(10-28-2023, 01:53 PM)Redneck Wrote: Can we get back to the new school/facilities conversations?

I seen the blueprints. Insane campus
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-28-2023, 01:40 PM)Bud_Bundy Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 10:42 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: Didn't Paintsville's 7th and 8th grade team lose every game this year?

Paintsville middle school had a horrible season. They need a new head coach and majority of the team were 7th grade kids. That’s correct.

Their wasn’t a single 6th grade kid at JC that played up on the 7th grade that’s 100 percent not true. That’s hilarious. 

Paintsville has probably had a dozen kids transfer from the county due to various reasons this year and last. Daddy ball being the main reason I was told.
Ok, thanks.

Just asking about what I had heard. Again, I am not in the know, nor do I have a fighting dog.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bob Seger's post:
  • Bud_Bundy
(10-28-2023, 02:25 PM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 01:40 PM)Bud_Bundy Wrote:

Ok, thanks.

Just asking about what I had heard. Again, I am not in the know, nor do I have a fighting dog.
JC 7th grade had a really good season. They had a 10-2 record. None of the 6th grade kids could have played on that team in my opinion. They would have sat on the bench.  The JC 8th grade team had a lot of injuries so I am not sure about them. They lost 4 or 5 games but they had some of their better kids out in those games. Holbrook does a really good job with the middle school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bud_Bundy's post:
  • Bob Seger
(10-28-2023, 09:20 AM)Bud_Bundy Wrote:
That’s what I thought, you have no idea what you’re talking about. The 5/6 grade at Paintsville asked coach wright to play his 6th grade team twice this year and he turned them down. JC elementary schools haven’t beaten a team outside of Johnson county in 5 years or more. Darin Blanton was the last coach to do it and he got ran off by Peck. If you were well informed you would know what’s been happening in Johnson county recently that has helped Paintsville’s  youth teams get better.
Guys, I was talking about highschool talent to start with not grade school talent and by the way how would you rate the JC eighth grade team? Are they weak? I mean really, they were sixth graders just two years ago.

I was surprised to see this. Highland Elementary singly beat consolidated 5th grade teams from Magoffin and Martin County. They played the Magoffin 6th Grade team very well at Magoffin for their only loss. I know to they were trying to set up a game with Pikeville and looking for more out of county games. I only saw the Johnson County kids this year so I can only comment on them. When this 5th grade group goes together next year they will have a lot of size, speed and skill, nice looking group. I have been part of the Paintsville/JC rivalry for over 20 years and it is sad and meaningless in my opinion. Time and championships will define these group, not evaluations at the elementary level.
(10-28-2023, 08:00 PM)Woodshed Wrote: Guys, I was talking about highschool talent to start with not grade school talent and by the way how would you rate the JC eighth grade team? Are they weak? I mean really, they were sixth graders just two years ago.
This year JC 8th grade has been beat by Pikeville, Raceland, Hazard, Breathitt County Belfry, and Lawrence county. I’m happy that the kids have done well in their tournament bracket in the playoffs.

(10-28-2023, 08:00 PM)Proudgran Wrote:

I was surprised to see this. Highland Elementary singly beat consolidated 5th grade teams from Magoffin and Martin County. They played the Magoffin 6th Grade team very well at Magoffin for their only loss. I know to they were trying to set up a game with Pikeville and looking for more out of county games. I only saw the Johnson County kids this year so I can only comment on them. When this 5th grade group goes together next year they will have a lot of size, speed and skill, nice looking group. I have been part of the Paintsville/JC rivalry for over 20 years and it is sad and meaningless in my opinion. Time and championships will define these group, not evaluations at the elementary level.
The only reason why I discussed different levels of both programs is because Woodshed said all of the talent in Johnson county is already attending JC schools. Paintsville has talented kids in their school system as well and I evaluated that because of his comment. I actually forgot about Highlands win against Martin county but Magoffin county actually beat highland this year. I hope when that group combines that they do have a good football team. Johnson county could have played Paintsville elementary teams and turned them down this season. I hope I didn’t offend you or anyone else because I didn’t mean for that to happen. Have a great weekend, ma’am.
No use trying to argue with you, you know it all but I'm anxious to see just how good Paintsville is the next six years because they should be regional champs and serious state championship contenders from the way you're talking lol !!
(10-29-2023, 04:46 AM)Woodshed Wrote: No use trying to argue with you, you know it all but I'm anxious to see just how good Paintsville is the next six years because they should be regional champs and serious state championship contenders from the way you're talking lol !!
You can’t “argue” because you have no idea what you’re talking about. You haven’t watched any of these teams play. You just wanna get on here and run that mouth lol !!

Good luck to both program’s in the playoff’s. I hope they both stay injury free and play good football.