Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 42 Prestonsburg 7
Final.

Congratulations Breathitt County!!
Pure dominance. Rolling at the right time. Tincher pick 6 was awesome
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tailback44's post:
  • Granny Bear
There's a lot I could write on here and breakdown, but at the end of the day Prestonsburg had no answer for Breathitt's offensive line. They pushed Pburg's defense around all game long it seemed like. Anytime Pburg's defense could force a 3rd and long or 4th down situation, they couldn't manage to make the stop and get off the field. Breathitt ate up a ton of time in the first half.

Prestonsburg offense didn't really play all that bad, but a lot of linemen and receivers aren't staying on their blocks and that really hurt the offense tonight. I really wish our skill players would STOP trying to run sideline to sideline and just get up field and take the easy yards. Too many players trying to make the big play instead of just taking what the defense gives you. Very frustrating.

Blackcats probably played the best team they've seen all season and now they get another shot at county rival Betsy Layne next Friday in the 1st round of the Class 2A state playoffs. Time to get refocused and get ready for a big game against the Betsy Layne Bobcats.

Proud to be a Blackcat... congrats Breathitt!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Granny Bear
(10-28-2023, 12:12 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Pure dominance. Rolling at the right time. Tincher pick 6 was awesome
Missed block by a Pburg linemen allowed #33 to jump the route on that play.

Heckuva play by Tincher.
Breathitt had several players that played really well. The line was great. Tolson played very well and so did combs. Stacy has gotten the hang of it and Wheels is one of the most exciting players in 2A when the ball is in his hands. Gibson looked great running the ball. Best of all the team played with more discipline. Nice win.
Breathitt looked pretty good. Tincher should be MVP of this years team. He always plays hard on both sides of the ball. Don't be fooled by Breathitt sure they have improved but once they face tougher competition we will see those same deficiencies as we did a few weeks back.

Breathitt with home playoff game next week.
I expect a similar score as tonight before it's off to Beechwood :(

Good luck PBurg. I've always had respect for that program.
[-] The following 2 users Like wolfcat's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Granny Bear
Not being sarcastic; I really don’t know. Who were the players that quit this team? Are they back?