Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Boyle County 28 Frederick Douglass 7
(10-28-2023, 12:54 AM)Football Man 23 Wrote: I went to this one, along with a lot of Corbin folks, this wasn’t even competitive. The 35 yard td pass by Douglas looked like a pick in the end zone. Take that away and they got nothing offensively with only one first down. I thought Haddix didn’t go deep on play calling he didn’t show much. Boyles oline doesn’t have any size but dominated. 73 the Kelly kid is listed at 240 but he was pancaking the big Douglas Dlineman.  Boyles overall team speed including lineman is just unreal. I felt like we had a shot until tonight, now I feel  . We have little or no shot at Boyle especially with Haddix. #50 Crowe -Boyles  Linebacker I bet had 20 tackles.  Beside the obvious backs and qb on Boyle those 2 stood also out to me.
Hopefully our young men don't buy into this crap.
I’m pretty sure I saw 2 Corbin board member giving Coach Haddix hugs before the game……….Lol!!!
[-] The following 6 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz, jetpilot, pjdoug, Rebel55, The Red Eminence
In all honesty, and I love Douglass, but their offense is historically awful. They've done little or nothing on offense against good teams all season.

(10-28-2023, 01:08 AM)64SUR Wrote: I’m pretty sure I saw 2 Corbin board member giving Coach Haddix hugs before the game……….Lol!!!

Unless you are trolling, I'd say that jerk off, Paul Taylor,  is one.  Hopefully, Ms Burchette wouldn't disrespect the Corbin kids by joining the hugging parade. It's very disrespectful to our kids to watch Corbin fans hugging the opposing coaches and fans. Forty years, alone in the championship wilderness, is more than twice as long as our kids have been alive. They feel the burden of trying to end that forty year drought. It's a heavy burden. I think they will compete hard and confidently. Corbin will be the best opposition Boyle will play this season.
Boyle played lights out tonight however corbin isn’t to be counted out just yet. There defense is too special and will b a challenge for any offense in the state to put up more than 17 on.
(10-27-2023, 11:18 PM)HighViz Wrote: Seen old school hound in red on the visiting side.  Hugging everyone he saw.    Even got his picture with Haddix and Melissa.

Now you people are just trolling Old School. The only picture I want to see of Sweet Melissa is one with tears rolling down her face when the Tommy Train ends her hubby's season.
So I sat in the stands and just so happened to be near Corbin's coaches and players. They seemed to think Boyle wasn't any good. The twins are good but those 2 were arrogant as all get out. They seem to think that Quisenberry is the only person they have to stop. They said Boyles secondary is small there receivers where faster than anybody on Boyle. I don't have a dog in the fight but they was cheering Douglas on so much it was embarrassing to me. If you want Boyle that bad beat them at their house. They earned the right to be at home. I was also at the Douglas Corbin game and I still think Douglas should've won. Had it been on a neutral field they would've!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Just a fan 12's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(10-28-2023, 02:42 AM)Just a fan 12 Wrote: So I sat in the stands and just so happened to be near Corbin's coaches and players. They seemed to think Boyle wasn't any good. The twins are good but those 2 were arrogant as all get out. They seem to think that Quisenberry is the only person they have to stop. They said Boyles secondary is small there receivers where faster than anybody on Boyle. I don't have a dog in the fight but they was cheering Douglas on so much it was embarrassing to me. If you want Boyle that bad beat them at their house. They earned the right to be at home. I was also at the Douglas Corbin game and I still think Douglas should've won. Had it been on a neutral field they would've!

You're lying like the ex-Prez!!!
(10-28-2023, 02:49 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 02:42 AM)Just a fan 12 Wrote: So I sat in the stands and just so happened to be near Corbin's coaches and players. They seemed to think Boyle wasn't any good. The twins are good but those 2 were arrogant as all get out. They seem to think that Quisenberry is the only person they have to stop. They said Boyles secondary is small there receivers where faster than anybody on Boyle. I don't have a dog in the fight but they was cheering Douglas on so much it was embarrassing to me. If you want Boyle that bad beat them at their house. They earned the right to be at home. I was also at the Douglas Corbin game and I still think Douglas should've won. Had it been on a neutral field they would've!

You're lying like the Prez!!!

Fixed it for you
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • pjdoug, Tomcat Pride
Gonna be hard for anybody to compete with Boyle let alone beat them!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodshed's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Haddix will need an infinity gauntlet to hold all his rings after this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FallRock's post:
  • Bull got out!
The game wasn't too far away from a running clock.

One of the more dominant performances over a really good team on their own field that I can remember. Boyle came to play in this one.

And Quisenberry is such a weapon. They put the ball in his hands when they really need the yards and he usually delivers. His run out of the wildcat in the first half was awesome.
It’s amusing to go back and read the thread from Corbin’s 6-0 home W vs FD and see things like how FD’s defense is one of the best in the state, how they are ‘the real deal’, how they are one of the top 5 teams in the state in any class, how they went in Trinity and won, how great their athletes are, and how (a home W) it was a statement win for Corbin. Some said FD was overrated and were quickly rebutted with how good Corbin’s defense was. Now Boyle goes into their house on the road, absolutely punches them in the mouth and Frederick Douglass’s offense is terrible. After the Corbin game they had a 2-2 record. I believe now they’re 5-4 and to their credit they’ve played a brutal schedule & it’s hard to gauge how good they really are. They have good wins over Trinity and Bryan Station. But still amusing to go back & read the thread from September and then read this one
[-] The following 4 users Like CC117's post:
  • FastScreen435, Hatz, HighViz, know1
(10-28-2023, 01:07 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 12:43 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 12:33 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: Bio- Med HS can’t hide behind cupcake schedule anymore.

Sorry that Douglass took your lunch money didn't hurt them last year did it at Boyle or going 15-0. I also didn't see a post from you on the Douglass and Station game that Douglass won 34-14. Interesting ?

Plus Douglass never had a say to who they could schedule for the first 6 years except for one game. They went out this year and played one of the best schedules in the state. You are probably a dad whose kid couldn't play at Douglass. To listen to you one would think that Douglass in the only program in the state that has kids go there to play football
Exactly no control on who you all play. Thus y’all beat up every cupcake Lexington city team and a weak district. Now that the cupboard is fast approaching empty lol, Lester and Mike might have to start diggin more into other counties to get some players lol. BTW bio med HS didn’t take my milk money, I’m allergic to dairy.
I am sure they will have no problem getting talent  from Lexington . They will be a powerhouse in Kentucky for years to come
[-] The following 2 users Like Advicegiver74's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Bull got out!
I am not convinced that Freddie D will be a powerhouse in the state in the years to come but they may be a powerhouse within the public schools in Lexington. With them moving to 6A the competition for a state title just got much harder to accomplish. Back in 5A they should have been dominate with multiple state titles. With LC moving down and away from Boyle their road to state titles just got a lot easier. Also LCA is another option in Lexington for a state title. I think more of the talent will disperse to LC and LCA possibly in the future.
Like I've said since Haddix left....for Corbin to win they have to be heads and tails better than their opponent. If they are on an even level or even close athlete wise and it comes down to coaching then it's over. I don't think there will ever be a year where corbins athletes are so much better than Boyles that they will be able to overcome the coaching deficit. Not as long as they're trying to play their best athletes one way and throwing 25 screen passes a game. Screen pass is the new QB draw.
Does this mean that if Boyle and Corbin meet, the game will be at Boyle County?
[-] The following 1 user Likes rick2517's post:
  • HighViz
(10-28-2023, 11:24 AM)rick2517 Wrote: Does this mean that if Boyle and Corbin meet, the game will be at Boyle County?

Yes.
Half of those post are like a senate congressional hearing. Don’t talk about the actual topic, and those who do are just lying flat out.

Boyle played awesome. They have several weapons. FD didn’t play that great, MOSTLY BECAUSE OF BOYLE!! I’d say about 80% was because of the team in front of them. 20% play calling and just doing questionable stuff that I personally didn’t understand. Bottom line is, Boyle is going to be a tough out for anyone. Corbin is gonna be a tough out for anyone. FD is more than likely gonna be a tough out for anyone. But make no mistake about it. But Boyle is either the best or 2nd best team in the entire state regardless of class on any given night. I don’t think Corbin is, probably top five though. But guess what. The last “unstoppable team” they had came to Corbin and got shut out. So anything can happen. Is boyle the favorite? Ohhhh yeaaa. But favorites don’t always win. So I guess well have to play the game. But congrats to Boyle on a dominate win!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • 16BBall Fan

You're lying like the ex-Prez!!!
Ok I sat with a large group. One the guys sons recorded it. Could be good ammo for Boyle!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Just a fan 12's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Jack Lambert
Coming from me who play around with Boyle fans any time I can...this may be the most impressive stat line I've ever seen in a Kentucky high-school football game, stat wise, vs the caliber of team Boyle was playing. In my years of supporting my own team, but really just being a fan of high-school football, I've not seen anything this impressive in my time of watching this sport. I didn't get to see the game, but Boyle will be hoisting the trophy again.
[-] The following 4 users Like smoke1015's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz, know1, toolaidback
(10-28-2023, 12:27 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: Coming from me who play around with Boyle fans any time I can...this may be the most impressive stat line I've ever seen in a Kentucky high-school football game, stat wise, vs the caliber of team Boyle was playing. In my years of supporting my own team, but really just being a fan of high-school football, I've not seen anything this impressive in my time of watching this sport. I didn't get to see the game, but Boyle will be hoisting the trophy again.
Agreed. And the game wasn't as close as the score, either. FD got almost all of its yards on the scoring play. And that was a 50/50 ball that the receiver wrestled away on the ground. Change that play and Boyle getting stopped on the goal line and it's 35 or 42 to 0.
(10-28-2023, 12:27 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: Coming from me who play around with Boyle fans any time I can...this may be the most impressive stat line I've ever seen in a Kentucky high-school football game, stat wise, vs the caliber of team Boyle was playing. In my years of supporting my own team, but really just being a fan of high-school football, I've not seen anything this impressive in my time of watching this sport. I didn't get to see the game, but Boyle will be hoisting the trophy again.

I agree. They played a very tuff team and like GrannyBear put it, the defense was a Steel Curtain. I was stunned. The hits hurt me and I was just watching....Both teams giving it all they had.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • smoke1015
(10-28-2023, 03:12 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

You're lying like the Prez!!!

Fixed it for you

Someone recorded them. It's heading to Boyles locker room. Hope yall are ready for the storm that's getting ready to happen.
(10-26-2023, 08:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 08:46 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 01:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 11:29 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Boyle can't beat Frederick Douglass, then they sure wont beat Corbin at Corbin. I look for this game to mean a little more for both teams. Frederick Douglass needs this win for the fact that it's a statement game heading into the playoffs. Boyle needs to win to secure home field advantage in the 3rd round. I think it will be a knock down drag out game but like 64SUR said, Boyle has the best offense in the state. LCA is the second-best offense when hitting on all cylinders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle blow out Frederick Douglass. But I also wouldn't be surprised if its a barn burner coming down to the wire. Frederick Douglass is no joke. This is a must win game for Boyle County.

Boyle County 21
Frederick Douglass 14

Taking a safe low score pick.. I don't see a 6-0 though.

The Corbin offense that we are seeing now would have beaten FD 27-0. Corbin had TD taken away by the refs,  got a turnover by a twin at the end of the first half, and came up empty in several red zone opportunities.  6-0 was deceiving.

I hope Douglass beats Boyle like a rented mule.

(10-26-2023, 02:02 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: Just a thought... When Corbin and Boyle play on 11/17 could they ask to have it moved to say EKU or another larger venue?  The visiting sections at both fields will not be big enough to accommodate the visiting teams fans.. Not doubt whoever hosts it will be a packed stadium.

If Boyle beats Douglas tomorrow night, then you have a standing invitation to Ballard Robinson field on 11/17 to watch Boyle play Corbin!!!

But I won't be hugging anyone from over there.  Nah... hell nah !

(10-26-2023, 03:43 PM)16 special Wrote: Both of these teams fan bases will be huge Ashland fans in the second round. That’s the only way these 2 don’t play in round 3.

Ashland can go suck a croc(odile) because they could have already kept Corbin and Boyle away from each other by beating a pedestrian JC team. Ashland, it turns out, is even more pedestrian.

(10-28-2023, 12:38 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 10:56 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Boyle's defense is insane!!!

Definitely played a good game. One caveat, however ...  Freddy's offense is truly offensive. Just flat-out woeful. If there was such a thing as zero-dimensional, that would best describe Fred's offense. I thought it looked terrible against Corbin. Even worse tonight. Can't win a title when you that bad on one side of the ball. A front four of OSH, Bull, Viz, and Hound5 would stymie FD's putrid offense.

If Fredrick Douglas offense is so bad why did they out gain Corbin by 28 yards at Corbin?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Rebel55
Interesting Jack.
(10-28-2023, 08:57 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 01:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 11:29 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Boyle can't beat Frederick Douglass, then they sure wont beat Corbin at Corbin. I look for this game to mean a little more for both teams. Frederick Douglass needs this win for the fact that it's a statement game heading into the playoffs. Boyle needs to win to secure home field advantage in the 3rd round. I think it will be a knock down drag out game but like 64SUR said, Boyle has the best offense in the state. LCA is the second-best offense when hitting on all cylinders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle blow out Frederick Douglass. But I also wouldn't be surprised if its a barn burner coming down to the wire. Frederick Douglass is no joke. This is a must win game for Boyle County.

Boyle County 21
Frederick Douglass 14

Taking a safe low score pick.. I don't see a 6-0 though.

The Corbin offense that we are seeing now would have beaten FD 27-0. Corbin had TD taken away by the refs,  got a turnover by a twin at the end of the first half, and came up empty in several red zone opportunities.  6-0 was deceiving.

(10-26-2023, 02:02 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: Just a thought... When Corbin and Boyle play on 11/17 could they ask to have it moved to say EKU or another larger venue?  The visiting sections at both fields will not be big enough to accommodate the visiting teams fans.. Not doubt whoever hosts it will be a packed stadium.

If Boyle beats Douglas tomorrow night, then you have a standing invitation to Ballard Robinson field on 11/17 to watch Boyle play Corbin!!!

(10-26-2023, 03:43 PM)16 special Wrote: Both of these teams fan bases will be huge Ashland fans in the second round. That’s the only way these 2 don’t play in round 3.

Ashland can go suck a croc(odile) because they could have already kept Corbin and Boyle away from each other by beating a pedestrian JC team. Ashland, it turns out, is even more pedestrian.

Definitely played a good game. One caveat, however ...  Freddy's offense is truly offensive. Just flat-out woeful. If there was such a thing as zero-dimensional, that would best describe Fred's offense. I thought it looked terrible against Corbin. Even worse tonight. Can't win a title when you that bad on one side of the ball. A front four of OSH, Bull, Viz, and Hound5 would stymie FD's putrid offense.

If Fredrick Douglas offense is so bad why did they out gain Corbin by 28 yards at Corbin?

Douglass in that game had an interception in the endzone on an underthrown ball and missed a guy with a pass thrown behind him open in the endzone on the last play of the game.
(10-28-2023, 09:13 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 08:57 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 01:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The Corbin offense that we are seeing now would have beaten FD 27-0. Corbin had TD taken away by the refs,  got a turnover by a twin at the end of the first half, and came up empty in several red zone opportunities.  6-0 was deceiving.

Douglass in that game had an interception in the endzone on an underthrown ball and missed a guy with a pass thrown behind him open in the endzone on the last play of the game.

I watched the stream of that game if not for the turnover in the end zone and all the penalties I think Douglas would have won.
Other than my school the game I am looking forward to the most is a Boyle/Corbin matchup. When it comes right down to it the best team should win regardless of where it's played. Visiting team should bring their whole town to the game and no excuses either way. May the best team win if it indeed happens.
I think it will break an attendance record. I expect over 10000 people there. It’s gonna happen Jett. RPI has fixed a date barring an upset in the first 2 rounds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
I'm ready to watch my Colonels smoke some Rebel hind end Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Granny Bear