Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern 43 Whitley County 20
Final.
I was almost right. I predicted Madison Southern by 21.
Yup…congrats to Coach Payne and his players and staff. I’m telling you now…Coach Payne has worked his ARSE off the last 2 years working with his youth and middle school teams. In 2 years the Eagles will be hell on wheels…write it down. Their district is weak, but his outside scheduling has and will continue to make a difference.
Didn't see this one coming. Whitley has a pretty respectable team this year and I knew Southern's district was suspect this year. I've seen the Eagles were getting better weekly as the season continued. My buddy at work has a a senior son on the line for Southern and I've kept up with their progess this season. Congrats Eagles! Good luck in the playoffs!
Congrats Coach Payne
Way to go Southern yeah !!
(10-28-2023, 11:52 AM)papagrit Wrote: Didn't see this one coming.  Whitley has a pretty respectable team this year and I knew Southern's district was suspect this year.  I've seen the Eagles were getting better weekly as the season continued.  My buddy at work has a a senior son on the line for Southern and I've kept up with their progess this season.  Congrats Eagles!  Good luck in the playoffs!

whitley checked out after getting drubbed by Corbin. Can’t blame them, it pretty much let them know their season was over.
happens to a lot of teams this time of year.
(10-29-2023, 03:00 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 11:52 AM)papagrit Wrote: Didn't see this one coming.  Whitley has a pretty respectable team this year and I knew Southern's district was suspect this year.  I've seen the Eagles were getting better weekly as the season continued.  My buddy at work has a a senior son on the line for Southern and I've kept up with their progess this season.  Congrats Eagles!  Good luck in the playoffs!

whitley checked out after getting drubbed by Corbin. Can’t blame them, it pretty much let them know their season was over.
happens to a lot of teams this time of year.

Whitley didn't check out of anything. The kids are still playing hard and will get better. I didn't expect them to win a state championship this year.