Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 27 Casey County 13
Final in this one. Rock finished regular season 9-1. Great season for the Rockets tough game against Casey. Casey has big line play physical and gave the Rockets fits all night Rock just kept scrapping and pulled out a win against a game Rebel team that came to play tonight.
Congratulations Rockcastle and a fine season!!!
This what much closer than I expected. Casey had a chance in the fourth closing to within 4 of Rock, which was also suprising considering they had 4 turnovers at that point. Good clean game.
I was at the game. Casey gave Rockcastle all they wanted and Rockcastle scrapped back in the final 5 minutes to hold Casey off. Casey had all of the momentum in the third quarter into the fourth. It was the fourth downs plays and a couple of timely picks that put Rock over the top. Rockcastle converted on most of theirs or got points thanks to the Brenda kid. Casey did not convert on theirs. Those timely picks, one in the endzone for a touchback were big plays. Congrats to the Rock boys! Good luck in the playoffs and next week against former district foe, Estill County.
After surviving the harrowing experience of climbing "The Rock" (ladder) to get to my post, lol...it ended up being a great football game. Casey may have left 6 or 7 off the board in the first quarter when we threw the pick, but hey, that's good on Rock. Being down 17-0 at the half was tough. Rock has a great QB, and at times I thought could have got the ball to their speedy receiver a bit more. He's a speedster. Casey's running back made a ton of extra yards on his own will and his weight room work. It was a great "battle of seniors" with Casey's QB/RB/WRs vs Rock's senior QB/WR/RB...and also on defense. Rock has a somewhat small D line, it appeared, but they whipped us off the ball, just too quick, and they really closed it out getting at our speedy QB in the final drives. I thought it was a hard hitting, really good football game. Good luck to Rock's camera guy's deer hunt this weekend, and to the team.
9-1! Helluva year…good luck in the playoffs.