Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri 38 Kentucky 21
Looks like the season is spiraling out of control.  Cats jumped out to a 14-0 lead but were outscored 38-7 after that.  I lost count at about 15 UK penalties with more penalty yards than passing yards. More undisciplined, unsportsmanlike/personal fouls/ cheap shots. Had 10 men on the field on a Missouri punt in the fourth quarter. Leary with 3 INT, I believe. Do I need to go on?   Come on , Pony up, Spud and Van  !!!
I’m a firm believer that you can often identify one play that turns your whole season, can be either positively or negatively. For me, I saw that play last night when Missouri executed the fake punt for a touchdown. This game was on its way to a Florida like beat down by us, and all the momentum changed right there. Obviously our sideline saw something, because coaches were going crazy presnap. But why not burn a timeout and make sure your players know what’s up? Sigh. The undisciplined penalties, the poor passes by Leary, more drops by receivers…..it’s just frustrating as hell. I said last week I could see a path to 11-1 or 5-7. Well, now I don’t see a path to 10-2, but I sure see one to 5-7. I think 7-5 might be best case scenario.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Bluecat
^I agree. That fake punt was exactly where the momentum turned.

I turned the game off so I could watch something that wouldn't make me sick.
(10-15-2023, 10:53 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: ^I agree.  That fake punt was exactly where the momentum turned.

The Waltons , The Dukes of Hazzard , or Matlock  ?
Disgusting, from out of control players, bad coaching, defensive corners played way to soft all night,(most the time 8 to 9 yards off the recievers) can’t cover or tackle, QB IS WAY OVERRATED. Time to give somerset’s Sheron a try, or somebody!
(10-15-2023, 11:01 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 10:53 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: ^I agree.  That fake punt was exactly where the momentum turned.

I take subject matter in spurts.  Right now, I'm into the History Channel.  Smile
Basketball season in my eyes now. We jumped out to the hottest start I'd ever seen then laid down and got bullied the rest of them game. The stupid penalties is enough for me to just quit watching this team, we kill ourselves constantly with them. And the most intriguing part to me is Stoops roamed the sidelines saturday like he could care less that we had just lost the way we did. He doesn't get into the players like he use to, he use to get so red it looked like he would die of a heart attack but now he doesn't.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-15-2023, 06:49 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 11:01 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I take subject matter in spurts.  Right now, I'm into the History Channel.  Smile
LOVE the History Channel!!!  Was a history minor in college.
Of course you were!
I majored in math.
Smile

I coached basketball for 30 years. If anyone on my team EVER acted like the boys did with the personal fouls on Saturday, they would be riding the pine. And I'm talking about grade school and junior high kids. These football players are young adults, and they acted like crazy people. And the adult guidance(?) Stoops should have been 3 feet up their butts!! He wasn't.
(10-17-2023, 12:59 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Of course you were!
I majored in math.
Smile

I coached basketball for 30 years.  If anyone on my team EVER acted like the boys did with the personal fouls on Saturday, they would be riding the pine.  And I'm talking about grade school and junior high kids.  These football players are young adults, and they acted like crazy people.  And the adult guidance(?)  Stoops should have been 3 feet up their butts!!  He wasn't.

Agree. It was most disappointing.
Season pretty much ended with how this game played out. I don't look forward to us beating Loserville now.

I don't know who we beat next? If we continue this way.....

We will lose the rest of the season.
The fact that this was the game before the bye week really hurts 10x worse.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL