Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite political pundits and authors?
Who do you like best?? Do you tend to read or observe the comedian types, such as Dennis Miller? The pure policy types, like Buchanan? or mixtures, like Limbaugh, Boortz?

I'm more into pure policy types. I'd rather learn than laugh, and I find that Jon Stewart has never 'taught' me anything... besides that he has to resort to acting like a little baby in the midst of debate and calling people names. Besides that, nothing.
Noam Chomsky is an intersting read, as is William Buckley.
thecavemaster Wrote:Noam Chomsky is an intersting read, as is William Buckley.

As you can easily tell... Noam Chomsky could have perished in a painful chemical disaster, and I'd not lose any sleep over it.. might actually sleep better. Big Grin

Buckley on the other hand.. he's so so. He's command for the english language is amazing, but he easily loses me from time to time.

As president, he was one of my strongest allies and supporters lol
Richard Shenkman.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ronald_reagan Wrote:Who do you like best?? Do you tend to read or observe the comedian types, such as Dennis Miller? The pure policy types, like Buchanan? or mixtures, like Limbaugh, Boortz?

I'm more into pure policy types. I'd rather learn than laugh, and I find that Jon Stewart has never 'taught' me anything... besides that he has to resort to acting like a little baby in the midst of debate and calling people names. Besides that, nothing.

Im not a huge Stewart fan, but his show is on comedy central, so what do you expect from him? If you want to talk about people resorting to name calling and lies, O'Rielly and limbaugh fit the bill perfectly. I cant stand either of those two.

As far as my political pundits, I dont really know many, besides the ones that have had shows like stewart, miller, O'rielly, limbaugh, and im not a fan of any of those.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Im not a huge Stewart fan, but his show is on comedy central, so what do you expect from him? If you want to talk about people resorting to name calling and lies, O'Rielly and limbaugh fit the bill perfectly. I cant stand either of those two.

As far as my political pundits, I dont really know many, besides the ones that have had shows like stewart, miller, O'rielly, limbaugh, and im not a fan of any of those.

I'm talking about when Jon Stewart was on Crossfire on CNN.....

I'm not a limbaugh or for that matter, an O'Rielly fan. I'm a Neal Boortz kind of guy myself.

I also enjoy listening to Ronald Reagan's radio addresses in the late 1970's. I have them on tape, and written form. His message still holds true, and is the basis for true modern day conservatism. Not neocon garbage that currently exists.
Noam Chomsky could always stick it to Buckley a little... and Buckley knew it... Buckley was erudite, arrogant... Chomsky has a memory like a computer, calling up and recalling thousands upon thousands of declassified government documents to reinforce his points. Buckley knew history, knew politics...but he didn't have the computer like store of information that Chomsky always has at his disposal.
James Carville and "Raul Duke".