•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dan Howard Resigns At Hazard
Am I missing something? I know Hazard has had a good history but they also haven’t won region since 2016. I would think you would want a young coach to come in and try to bring the program back to the glory of the early 2010s. I know nothing about the Chandler guy, but the Franklin program is at a point where they are contenders every year and I’m sure he has at least a little to do with that.
Am I missing something? I know Hazard has had a good history but they also haven’t won region since 2016. I would think you would want a young coach to come in and try to bring the program back to the glory of the early 2010s. I know nothing about the Chandler guy, but the Franklin program is at a point where they are contenders every year and I’m sure he has at least a little to do with that.
I honestly think Chandler would potentially be a great hire, he is young enough to stir excitement and knows how to use marketing to his advantage which is half the battle to get excitement back in a program. I have watch him from a distance for a handful of years and he has seemed to have had great success in helping Franklin get deep runs and can bring that standard with him. seems like a players coach too from what I've seen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Son of the Alamo's post:
  • king360
This waiting game is about to cause me to pull what little hair I have left out!!! Hoping to here a decision by next week!
Finishing interviews the next two days.
Whomever comes in will need to be able to out recruit Perry. They basically have the whole old Hazard staff over there now.
Why don’t they just hire the middle school coach? Seems like he could keep the players from leaving since they played for him in jr high and plus he’s proven he can win.
(01-25-2024, 12:22 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Why don’t they just hire the middle school coach? Seems like he could keep the players from leaving since they played for him in jr high and plus he’s proven he can win.
Not that I know the answer to this but he may not want to move up. If he is interested then yea I could see him being in the consideration.
(01-25-2024, 12:22 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Why don’t they just hire the middle school coach? Seems like he could keep the players from leaving since they played for him in jr high and plus he’s proven he can win.
 Don't believe he was interested.
Mills at Boyle should’ve been the hire if he wanted it
I know it was mentioned above about interviews. How many have interviewed and who are some of those? Until an actual hire is made and they come in, it is hard to judge the process. Yes, I know some may not be able to do workouts or whatever, but at a small school like Hazard most football players are busy with other sports such as basketball, baseball, and wrestling. Whoever comes in is not going to have the full roster at hand when they start. As long as they bring someone in dedicated to rebuilding the program (not going to happen over night) then time doesn't matter. Well as long as it happens within the next couple weeks.
any annoucement yet or anytime soon
Have heard great things about the interview today. If this come to fruition the Bulldogs will be back in title contention in no time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oldmanwinter80's post:
  • Bluecat
Any word on announcement for this one coming?
(01-26-2024, 01:26 PM)16 special Wrote: Any word on announcement for this one coming?
 I assume one day next week...Hopefully
[-] The following 1 user Likes king360's post:
  • hchs fan
What about Maurice 'Mo" Dixon? Did he apply and if so would they consider bringing him back? He has gained a ton of experience and worked with some really high profile coaches over the years since leaving the Bulldog program some time ago. 

Another name I haven't seen on here is Jordan Amis. If I am correct, and I may not be, he was on staff at Bell Co. before coming to Hazard for a season or two. And was back at Bell Co this past season...

Just a few more names to discuss, or muddy the water if you will, as possibilities.
well!!!!!!!
Announcement will be made Monday from what I am hearing.
Matt Chandler is the choice. Tough times at Hazard continue.
(01-28-2024, 09:25 AM)Oldmanwinter80 Wrote: Matt Chandler is the choice. Tough times at Hazard continue.

The one who helps GRC or is there a different one?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-23-2024, 11:02 AM)Oldmanwinter80 Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 12:46 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Chandler from Franklin is who I heard.

I hope you’re wrong!!!

Looks like I was right.
It’s official. Matt Chandler will be introduced tomorrow at 4:30 in the school’s cafeteria per Hazard Athletics
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)