•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dan Howard Resigns At Hazard
Now that the HS season is officially over I think we may see more on this start to heat up. I would be surprised if they haven't named someone before Christmas.
Definitely heating up. Some big news about to evolve if the cards are played right.
(11-30-2023, 06:15 PM)Hi ROTC Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 12:34 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 09:07 AM)FallRock Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 03:26 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 12:58 PM)HighViz Wrote: I hear Haddix’s younger brother Jade will be the next  Hazard head coach.  We will see, I know he helps his older brother game plan at Boyle.  This would be a home run hire.  That would solidify the nephew staying there to play QB as well.  May even get some of the Perry kids back if he brings his friend  Channing Fugate in to help.

Is the nephew any good?  I heard he only went to Hazard, because he couldn’t play at Breathitt….

if you cant play at Breathitt you don't need to be at hazard.
All of Hazard's middle school playmakers are from Breathitt (outside of rb).  I think the daddy ball issue has ran 7-8 kids off.   

Any updates on the new HFB?

What Daddy Ball issue does Breathitt have?  The only coach that has any players on the team is Combs, and if you think those kids don’t deserve to play….well you haven’t watched much football.
I think the daddy ball issue is the Hollan kid playing QB for the middle school. The Raleigh boy that plays QB for Hazard MS wanted a shot at QB. Didn’t get it. He’s just not as good as Hollan. The others that went up there went because they got mad about not playing a certain position. Only hit Breathitt really took was the young Johnson kid that went to Perry.
Haddix’s nephew Jhet has the biggest upside in High school football. He may have been even better by seasons end with an opportunity. We will speak on this again in 4 years no need to argue here and now. Huge loss as well with the Johnson kids leaving Breathitt. Once upon a time Breathitt got the best around, now the tides have changed.

Back to the topic at hand! Who are the names be thrown around for this job.
Holcomb and Chirico names being thrown around. Haddix staff. Some of that may be wishful thinking. Not the same job as years ago and will be more difficult to attract big names without throwing money at the problem.
Getting Joe Chirico back to eastern KY would be a great get for Hazard. Mike Holcomb be every bit as good.
It will be someone on staff. Not many people wanna move to the mountains nowadays. Most are trying their best to leave.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • bcpc
I don’t foresee Chirico leaving GRC unless you made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.
(12-08-2023, 12:57 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I don’t foresee Chirico leaving GRC unless you made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.
Which Hazard isn’t willing to do. Too much pride.
The Middle School coach could have success coaching up there. Pretty simple hire if you ask me. Give the guy a shot and stop begging average joes away from here to come there and Coach. There’s enough guys in the system to have success. What’s wrong with Cory Martin? He played college football. There’s two in home hires that know how to coach and play football. Don’t need Nick Saben to be successful.
If Haddix’s nephew can play then I wouldn’t put much stock in him playing at Hazard for 4 years. He will be at Boyle. Just being honest.
[-] The following 2 users Like Oldschool86's post:
  • Bluecat, yellowstone
Heard about some construction going on up the holler. Could they finally be building an indoor ?
(11-30-2023, 12:34 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 09:07 AM)FallRock Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 03:26 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 12:58 PM)HighViz Wrote: I hear Haddix’s younger brother Jade will be the next  Hazard head coach.  We will see, I know he helps his older brother game plan at Boyle.  This would be a home run hire.  That would solidify the nephew staying there to play QB as well.  May even get some of the Perry kids back if he brings his friend  Channing Fugate in to help.

Is the nephew any good?  I heard he only went to Hazard, because he couldn’t play at Breathitt….

if you cant play at Breathitt you don't need to be at hazard.
All of Hazard's middle school playmakers are from Breathitt (outside of rb).  I think the daddy ball issue has ran 7-8 kids off.   

Any updates on the new HFB?
I’m not sure you guys know what daddy ball is!!! lol!!! When kid can’t play or don’t deserve to play and still get play. From what I seen he pretty good. They had 3 kids left that were starters from my understanding.From what I’m hearing is Hollan kid maybe at Hazard next year if a certain coach get hired.
So if Haddix’s nephew is good enuf to start at Hazard, and banking on him going to Boyle. What that say about Breathitt? Hazard would have beat Breathitt middle this year. Hazards QB was better by the end of the year than Breathitt. Tell me, daddy ball in full effect. Kids are leaving Breathitt to Go to Hazard and Perry. That’s never happened. Breathitt in my opinion is the worst shape it’s been since the inception of the program. They are winning some games yes. But they are NOT playing Breathitt football. Fighting, personal fouls, late hits and lack of effort has never been a part of that program. Even in the late 80s early 90s they weren’t great. Barely had winning seasons but they were playing for a different reason, different culture. The last 8-10 years the culture has stooped to the level it is now. No hope without a clean sweep of the Bobcat Den.

I think Martin would be a good choice if they stay in house. If they move to the outside, they better get their pocketbook ready and spend some money on facilities and a big name.
(12-08-2023, 04:18 PM)bcpc Wrote: So if Haddix’s nephew is good enuf to start at Hazard, and banking on him going to Boyle. What that say about Breathitt? Hazard would have beat Breathitt middle this year. Hazards QB was better by the end of the year than Breathitt. Tell me, daddy ball in full effect.  Kids are leaving Breathitt to Go to Hazard and Perry.  That’s never happened.  Breathitt in my opinion is the worst shape it’s been since the inception of the program.  They are winning some games yes.  But they are NOT playing Breathitt football.  Fighting, personal fouls, late hits and lack of effort has never been a part of that program. Even in the late 80s early 90s they weren’t great.  Barely had winning seasons but they were playing for a different reason, different culture.    The last 8-10 years the culture has stooped to the level it is now.  No hope without a clean sweep of the Bobcat Den. 

I think Martin would be a good choice if they stay in house.  If they move to the outside, they better get their pocketbook ready and spend some money on facilities and a big name.

sounds like your little butt hurt about something. I got feeling you had someone transfer. Kid maybe better in 4 years. Who knows!!! Depends on who works hardest. 
I am butt hurt. Breathitt has fell off a Cliff. How anyone could vouch for them or coaches is even a sadder situation. And no. I have no kids in high school sports. But I’ve been around football long enuf to know good from bad. 94-2009 Breathitt was a dreaded team. Now, hype and bad attitudes. The coaches know it too. Because they played for Holcomb. Different culture, mindset.
Breathitt record in late 80’s was:

1986; 9-1
1987; 8-2
1988; 6-5
1989; 12-1

Those teams weren’t struggling to win. The ‘86 and ‘87 teams were still under the district winner only playoff system.

The ‘88 team lost three games by a total of 5 points. Lost at Russell in the playoffs by a fluke double tipped pass completion as time was expiring.

The ‘89 team was the first Breathitt team to beat RUSSELL and they did it twice. Also, first team to ever beat Belfry at Breathitt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Oldschool86
(12-08-2023, 04:18 PM)bcpc Wrote: So if Haddix’s nephew is good enuf to start at Hazard, and banking on him going to Boyle. What that say about Breathitt? Hazard would have beat Breathitt middle this year. Hazards QB was better by the end of the year than Breathitt. Tell me, daddy ball in full effect.  Kids are leaving Breathitt to Go to Hazard and Perry.  That’s never happened.  Breathitt in my opinion is the worst shape it’s been since the inception of the program.  They are winning some games yes.  But they are NOT playing Breathitt football.  Fighting, personal fouls, late hits and lack of effort has never been a part of that program. Even in the late 80s early 90s they weren’t great.  Barely had winning seasons but they were playing for a different reason, different culture.    The last 8-10 years the culture has stooped to the level it is now.  No hope without a clean sweep of the Bobcat Den. 

I think Martin would be a good choice if they stay in house.  If they move to the outside, they better get their pocketbook ready and spend some money on facilities and a big name.
I tell you what if this Breathitt job comes open u should put in for it . Maybe you clean it up. Since you got answers for it. Maybe you start out in Hazard and turn around and just work North to Breathitt Co. You got my vote. Lol

I tell you what if this Breathitt job comes open u should put in for it . Maybe you clean it up. Since you got answers for it. Maybe you start out in Hazard and turn around and just work North to Breathitt Co. You got my vote. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Statebound19's post:
  • bcpc
Bcpc, what I was saying is that if the Raleigh kid could play he would be playing for Haddix at Boyle because isn’t he family? I mean if he was good enough I’d figure Haddix would be after him. So I wouldn’t think he would stay at Hazard all 4 years. All I was saying. Anyways, Hazard won’t get Holcomb. So wish for another hire or pay the man more than Al Hollan. A whole lot more….Which won’t happen. I don’t know many veteran coaches that want to walk into the rebuild there.
Is it true hazard just lost 4 studs to breathitt county or just rumor?
Gotta be a rumor because they don’t have 4 studs. Only stud they have Pelfrey headed to Perry via good source.
Pelfrey going to Perry a very good possibility
(12-09-2023, 09:55 AM)Diablo Wrote: Gotta be a rumor because they don’t have 4 studs.  Only stud they have Pelfrey headed to Perry via good source.
Also false information. Pelfreys far from a stud.

(12-09-2023, 09:29 AM)sambo Wrote: Is it true hazard just lost 4 studs to breathitt county or just rumor?
Why would anyone want go to breathitt? Things aren’t any better there than they are at Hazard or kids wouldn’t have ever left from there to come to Hazard or Perry would they?
Actually space mountain the kids that left Breathitt felt like they weren’t getting their shot and their parents felt like it would be easier to transfer than to sit and wait their turn. Besides we all know little baby Johnny has to start as a freshman or sophomore now. Used to most kids didn’t see the field till they were juniors. It’s easy to transfer now a days because you don’t get what you want. Can we get back to who Hazard is gonna hire now and get out of the transfer wars….
Heard last night at Knott that Combs was interested. Not the concrete guy, the one who coached Clay.
(12-09-2023, 04:48 PM)Scallywag79 Wrote: Heard last night at Knott that Combs was interested.  Not the  concrete guy, the one who coached Clay.
The same Combs that helps Breathitt football and coaches their baseball team currently?
(12-09-2023, 11:11 PM)Bluecat Wrote:
(12-09-2023, 04:48 PM)Scallywag79 Wrote: Heard last night at Knott that Combs was interested.  Not the  concrete guy, the one who coached Clay.
The same Combs that helps Breathitt football and coaches their baseball team currently?
Doubtful he’s interested in it. Won the region in baseball last year. Kid coming up through grade school playing in the system he played in. Plus I think they need a bigger name to keep some of those kids there. Like a Whitaker or a veteran coach. Isn’t he helping Leslie? I’m sure he would be interested.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oldschool86's post:
  • Bluecat
If Hazard can keep the group of kids together that are currently at the middle school, they could very well be competing with Pikeville in the next two or three years. Although, they were historically down this year, this is still one of the more attractive jobs in the area. Any ideas on who the coach may be?
(12-20-2023, 02:41 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: If Hazard can keep the group of kids together that are currently at the middle school, they could very well be competing with Pikeville in the next two or three years. Although, they were historically down this year, this is still one of the more attractive jobs in the area. Any ideas on who the coach may be?
 Shorty Combs!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next