Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will it be?
Who will be nominated from each party to fight for the presidency?

At this point, I'm thinking that its shaping up to be a fight between Rudy and Hillary. I however think that the best choices for winning are actually Obama and Fred Thompson.

Please weigh in with what you THINK will happen, and also what would be the smartest choice....
Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul in a battle to the death..... Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul in a battle to the death..... Smile

Dennis the Menace has help from the UFO's.... its not fair!
have you seen the new dennis kucinich ad??
ronald_reagan Wrote:Who will be nominated from each party to fight for the presidency?

At this point, I'm thinking that its shaping up to be a fight between Rudy and Hillary. I however think that the best choices for winning are actually Obama and Fred Thompson.

Please weigh in with what you THINK will happen, and also what would be the smartest choice....

I too think it will be Hilary vs. Rudy. I have no opinion on what the smartest choice is or what I think as of now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I too think it will be Hilary vs. Rudy. I have no opinion on what the smartest choice is or what I think as of now.

Its a fact that Hilarry isn't their 'smarteste' choice'. TongueirateSho
I think it will be between Obama and Rudy...But I'm hoping McCain vs. Obama
Im pullin for Fred Thompson myself..
I'm thinking it will probably be between Hillary and Romney. If so i'll go with Romney. In my opinion he seems more presidential.
Sportsfan54 Wrote:I'm thinking it will probably be between Hillary and Romney. If so i'll go with Romney. In my opinion he seems more presidential.

I think its the "Y" Chromosome... although... it can be argued, perhaps successfully, that Hillary has him beat even in that category. Confusedhh:
Of the Demorcratic candidates I would like to see Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden...
of the Republicans Ron Paul or John McCain.

I think Hillary and Giulani will be the one's nominated.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Im pullin for Fred Thompson myself..

First I'm pulling for him to just live long enough to win... then I'll probably pull for him to actually win. Big Grin
ronald_reagan Wrote:I think its the "Y" Chromosome... although... it can be argued, perhaps successfully, that Hillary has him beat even in that category. Confusedhh:

She might be ahead in that catagory amoung the democratic canadates, but not when it comes to Romney. One good thing about a Clinton Presidency though Big Grin is that we might get two for one with hubby Bill.
I'm still undecided, and I realize these will change as we draw closer to the election, but if I had to list them in order as of today it would be something like this.

Republican Candidates
1-T) Huckabee
1-T) Romney
3) Thompson
4) McCain
5) Giuliani
6) Tancredo
7) Hunter
8) Paul

Demodratic Candidates
1) Edwards
2) Richardson
3) Biden
4) Dodd
5) Clinton
6) Obamba
7) Kucinich
Old School Wrote:I'm still undecided, and I realize these will change as we draw closer to the election, but if I had to list them in order as of today it would be something like this.

Republican Candidates
1-T) Huckabee
1-T) Romney
3) Thompson
4) McCain
5) Giuliani
6) Tancredo
7) Hunter
8) Paul

Demodratic Candidates
1) Edwards
2) Richardson
3) Biden
4) Dodd
5) Clinton
6) Obamba
7) Kucinich

Why Ron Paul so low? And why Mr. Big Oil Richardson so high?
ronald_reagan Wrote:Why Ron Paul so low? And why Mr. Big Oil Richardson so high?

In all honesty I placed him last because, I know very little about Ron Paul, basically just what I've seen during portions of the debates in which he did not receive much air time.

I've not listened to a lot of the Democratic debates, but the reason I placed Richardson in the no. 2 spot is because his stance on education got my attention when he said, he wanted higher wages for teachers, adding more math and sicence teachers and making college more affordable for everyone. Other candidates may have the same or similar plans, but Richardson is the only one that I know of.
Old School Wrote:In all honesty I placed him last because, I know very little about Ron Paul, basically just what I've seen during portions of the debates in which he did not receive much air time.

I've not listened to a lot of the Democratic debates, but the reason I placed Richardson in the no. 2 spot is because his stance on education got my attention when he said, he wanted higher wages for teachers, adding more math and sicence teachers and making college more affordable for everyone. Other candidates may have the same or similar plans, but Richardson is the only one that I know of.

Ron Paul is the number 1 fundraiser for this quarter of all republicans, and for good reason. He's the only TRUE conservative. Fred Thompson being second because of his views on federalism.

Let me give you some info on Ron though, that seperates him from other republicans and ALL in congress for that matter:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, more than any single member of Congress.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ron Paul wants to Abolish the IRS. He wants to return power back to the states to do whats best for ITS citizens, and not what a little more than 500 people think is best in a city far away.

Look into this man's beliefs... if you don't like them, thats respectable. But as they say, don't knock it till you've tried it. I say, don't count this man out.

As of now, I'm projecting him to finish 3rd or 4th in Iowa with about 12% and a 2nd or 3rd place finish NH. If he doesn't do these, his campaign is over. But he has the cash, the ideas, and the momentum.

He's got my vote as of now. Then Fred.
Old School Wrote:In all honesty I placed him last because, I know very little about Ron Paul, basically just what I've seen during portions of the debates in which he did not receive much air time.

I wouldn't be a one issue voter if I were you though. I'm not saying that you are. But just because he supports education (which I oppose his plan STRONGLY)... doesn't mean that he's your guy.

This is a man who now acts like he's anti-big oil.. yet was on the board of directors for the largest refinery company in the united states, and was a major stockholder. He also was former Energy Secretary, which ONLY caters to big oil. He's part of the mainstream Washington Establishment..... he'll do nothing, no matter how much he talks about 'change'. He's backers are the big oil industry....... not windmills in Colorado.

On the other hand, I have to wonder what it is about Obama that you don't like? It seems to me that republicans would die to have a guy like him, with conservative views of course, on their side...... He's not scared to say what he means, and seems to be one of the few geniune candidates out there...... However I'd vote for Stalin before him. Smile
ronald_reagan Wrote:I wouldn't be a one issue voter if I were you though. I'm not saying that you are. But just because he supports education (which I oppose his plan STRONGLY)... doesn't mean that he's your guy.

This is a man who now acts like he's anti-big oil.. yet was on the board of directors for the largest refinery company in the united states, and was a major stockholder. He also was former Energy Secretary, which ONLY caters to big oil. He's part of the mainstream Washington Establishment..... he'll do nothing, no matter how much he talks about 'change'. He's backers are the big oil industry....... not windmills in Colorado.

On the other hand, I have to wonder what it is about Obama that you don't like? It seems to me that republicans would die to have a guy like him, with conservative views of course, on their side...... He's not scared to say what he means, and seems to be one of the few geniune candidates out there...... However I'd vote for Stalin before him. Smile

As a registered Republician there's not a lot I can do about the Democratic candidates and who is chosen to represent them in November, and I guess on the Republican side I will just have to wait to see who is still in the race in May. With Kentucky's May election date being so late in the year there may only be two or three candidates on each side with a chance of gaining the nomination when it's our turn to vote.

As I said in a earlier post, I'm still undecided and that my ranking of the candidates will change, and trust me I'm not a one issue voter, never have been and never will be, I just caught him as I was flipping through the channels and his comments on education caught my attention.

It would be interesting to see how you would rank the candidates from both parties by what you know about them today.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Its a fact that Hilarry isn't their 'smarteste' choice'. TongueirateSho
Hillary will carry the torch Ronnie.
Old School Wrote:It would be interesting to see how you would rank the candidates from both parties by what you know about them today.

I'll be working on that. I'm doing some in-depth research as we speak, as well as some soul searching.

Good post though! :thumpsup:
Unfortunately the media creates a new story everyday. We like who we like. Lets not let the media make the decision for us. :mad:
Republicans:
1-Fred Thompson
2-Ron Paul
3-Rudy
4-Romney
5-everyone else
812971-Mike Huckabee

Democrats:
1-Obama
2-Edwards
3-Clinton
4-everyone else
another planet: Kucinich

I would, however, enjoy seeing a debate between Mike Gravel and Admiral Stockdale.

"Where am I? Why am I here?" LOL
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Unfortunately the media creates a new story everyday. We like who we like. Lets not let the media make the decision for us. :mad:

Chuck, you got a good point here. The media has the power to shape the debate, and unfortunately, they use that power all too often.

I also think that the likes of Jon Stewart are dangerous. I've saw many studies and polls showing that a growing number of people are getting their 'news' from these sorts of shows..... Its alarming.
Smart money goes with Edwards and Huckabee!
DevilsWin Wrote:Smart money goes with Edwards and Huckabee!

If Huckabee wins, I'm going to be sick to my stomach. He's a RINO if I've ever saw one...

Edwards is the modern day Kennedy when it comes to perception... not even close when it comes to politics.
Stupid money goes with Giuliani, Romney and Clinton.
ronald_reagan Wrote:If Huckabee wins, I'm going to be sick to my stomach. He's a RINO if I've ever saw one...

Edwards is the modern day Kennedy when it comes to perception... not even close when it comes to politics.
It's all about who can win the GE Gipper.
DevilsWin Wrote:It's all about who can win the GE Gipper.

If thats the case, Huckabee isn't the guy. Edwards is, but not ol' Mike.

Rudy is the only hope for the republican party.... brb, I have to go puke.
ronald_reagan Wrote:If thats the case, Huckabee isn't the guy. Edwards is, but not ol' Mike.

Rudy is the only hope for the republican party.... brb, I have to go puke.
That's pure insanity. Rudy is the only person in the entire field that knows less about Foreign Policy than Bush did in 2000. He's flip flopped on nearly every issue and his lifestyle is as hypocritical as they come. Giuliani is like Bush ver 2.0 but with less experience. His judgement in choosing personel is the worst, whether it be his wives or his Police Commisioners. Choose Rudy in the Primary and the Democrats could elect Moth-Man if they choose.