Poll: Frederick Douglass vs. Male Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frederick Douglass
42.86%
Male
57.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass at Male 11/17
The Broncos of Frederick Douglass (7-4) will travel to Louisville to take on the Bulldogs of Male (11-1). The Broncos are coming off a 50-7 win over Madison Central. The Bulldogs defeated Fern Creek 34-14 they did trail twice in the first half before outscoring the Tigers 20-0 in the 2nd half.

This will mark the 5th straight year that Frederick Douglass will be playing for the regional championship and advance to the state semi-finals. The Broncos have won the previous 4 regional titles. This I think will be the toughest of the 5 they have been in. Male is playing the best ball in the state in 6A along with Trinity. They do have a common regular season opponent in Trinity. The Broncos defeated Trinity 17-14 on Aug. 26th at Trinity and Male defeated Trinity 37-20 at Male on Sept. 15th.
Male 2-3 scores.

FD is not hitting on all cylinders
Surprised this doesn't have more attention.

I like Male with the home-field advantage but in a close game.

FD - 21
H - 35
I take Male in a close one.
Pulling for Frederick Douglass!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(11-16-2023, 06:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Pulling for Frederick Douglass!!!

Same here. Rooting for the Broncs!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Bull got out!
(11-16-2023, 02:52 PM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: Surprised this doesn't have more attention.

I like Male with the home-field advantage but in a close game.

FD - 21
H  - 35

6A doesn't get as much attention on his site. It could be because many of the posters live in the part of the state without 6A teams.

I think both defenses are about the same but favor Male on the offense side of the ball. Douglass is more than capable of winning but I'm leaning toward Male by 6-10 points. The only results that would be surprising to me is a blow out either way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • BEChargers
Male got the ball to start and had a 80 yard drive to make it 7-0 Male with 6:10 left in the first quarter.

Douglass has had 3 procedure penalties and a sack a terrible first possession for the Broncos. Douglass to punt on a 4th and 15.

Douglass defense a lot better on this Male 2nd possession and 1 first down Male has to punt. Douglass will take over on their own 37 yard line.

Douglass with a good 2nd drive and running the ball well are now into Male territory at the Male 38 yard line.

Male 7

Douglass 0

end of the 1st quarter.

Douglass is at the Male 25 yard line.

Douglass is intercepted in the endzone by the Male defense. A big missed opportunity for the Broncos.

Douglass just dropped a interception at about the Male 35 but they do force another punt for Male.

Douglass with a big 4th and goal for Douglass from the 1.

Touchdown Douglass! A one yard QB keeper on a 4th and 1. Tied at 7.

Douglass gets a 3 and out from Male with a Male penalty Douglass has the ball with 1:13 left in the half at the Male 43 yard line.

Frederick Douglass 14

Male 7

Halftime

After the opening drive by Male Douglass has been in control of the game after the first two Male drives they have since then only had 1 more first down in the half. Douglass also had a interception in the endzone and have had 6 or 7 procedure penalties.

Also Douglass gets the ball to start the 3rd quarter.
Douglass on their first possession of the 3rd quarter they get a big first down on a 4th and 2 at the Male 40 and pick it up. The Broncos are 4 for 4 on 4th down plays tonight.

Touchdown Douglass! A one yard run on a over 7 minute drive on a run by junior Pharro Watts to make it now 21-7 Douglass.