Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 40, Paintsville 14
Final. 

To date, there are no known incidents of: ankle twisting in the pile, adults on the sidelines assaulting children and following up with tacky tweets, family members of the coaching staff yelling at opposing staffers, or fans entering the area of play.
(11-11-2023, 06:31 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Final. 

To date, there are no known incidents of: ankle twisting in the pile, adults on the sidelines assaulting children and following up with tacky tweets, family members of the coaching staff yelling at opposing staffers, or fans entering the area of play.
Such a weird post…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • BEChargers

Fill us in CJ. Can’t make a post with this kind of build up and then not deliver.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(11-11-2023, 07:32 PM)Redneck Wrote:

Fill us in CJ. Can’t make a post with this kind of build up and then not deliver.

I think Paintsville has earned a bit of a reputation as a "likes to fight" and "can't control their fans" school. Looks like this one went off without incident, which was unlike the Williamsburg and Martin County games that were marred by some rather ugly incidents.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • CheapTalkit
Middlesboro has some really good size at the skill position and their experience coupled with their talent was too much for the young Tigers.
Tough rebuilding year for the Tigers. They have some young talent so I expect some improvement next year and they should have a pretty good squad in two years. They need to keep the numbers up in the middle school.
(11-12-2023, 02:11 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 07:32 PM)Redneck Wrote:

I think Paintsville has earned a bit of a reputation as a "likes to fight" and "can't control their fans" school. Looks like this one went off without incident, which was unlike the Williamsburg and Martin County games that were marred by some rather ugly incidents.

So I guess the cheerleaders are just having to protect themselves these days?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shogun's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Went about how I expected. Middlesboro ran away with it. How much longer does Hoskins have? or is Paintsville headed back to irrelevance for a while?
(11-13-2023, 04:27 PM)Puncheon Creek Wrote: Went about how I expected. Middlesboro ran away with it. How much longer does Hoskins have? or is Paintsville headed back to irrelevance for a while?
 There’s 2 programs in 1A they can stay at the top for decades. Raceland and Pikeville. All others are going to have ebbs and flows just simply due to the numbers. Paintsville has a good young core, but we do need to get more kids interested in football and develop them. 
I do not see Paintsville moving on from Hoskins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Bud_Bundy
I’m not trying to stir any old crap up, bc everyone knows to be a competitive program, you have kids from outside the district. Raceland has them, Pikeville has them, they draw talent from surrounding areas. I say that to say this, why not Paintsville? ANYMORE. They spent nearly a decade pulling kids from across the street at JC, Prestonsburg, Magoffin, Hazard, even as far as Lexington and WV. How much of the staff was lost when Chirico left? I just don’t understand how it ended so abruptly as soon as Chirico left for GRC.
(11-13-2023, 05:19 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I’m not trying to stir any old crap up, bc everyone knows to be a competitive program, you have kids from outside the district. Raceland has them, Pikeville has them, they draw talent from surrounding areas. I say that to say this, why not Paintsville? ANYMORE. They spent nearly a decade pulling kids from across the street at JC, Prestonsburg, Magoffin, Hazard, even as far as Lexington and WV. How much of the staff was lost when Chirico left? I just don’t understand how it ended so abruptly as soon as Chirico left for GRC.

This is a whole can of worms that Paintsville doesnt want opened. Its more than sports
I just don’t understand how it can go from what it was to what it is now, in such a short amount of time. While it’s for completely different reasons, they are in the same trajectory as Fairview…now that trajectory isn’t nearly as steep of a drop for Paintsville, but they have still fallen off a lot from their title run.
Joe Chirico is a very good coach. Replacing him and the staff he had has been more tuff than people realized. Paintsville has a young group that has a shot to be good when they get older. Depends on if they stick with the sport or don’t transfer. You never know with kids these days.