Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville at Campbellsville Class A semifinals
CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Campbellsville (KY) 22 (53%), [2023] Pikeville (KY) 21 (47%)

Campbellsville has an excellent team and are favored to win.
This will be closer than a lot of us thought it ever could be. But Pikeville still rolls. Pikeville has Anthony and no one else does…

Pikeville 34
Campbellsville 20
(11-18-2023, 05:17 AM)jetpilot Wrote: CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Campbellsville (KY) 22 (53%), [2023] Pikeville (KY) 21 (47%)

Campbellsville has an excellent team and are favored to win.
Campbellsville is legit. They are a good team with plenty on both sides of the ball. Calpreps will be wrong on that one though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Rip/Spin
I hope Pikeville wins and the very well can but they have some things to clean up and after watching them last night I believe that lay off really hurt them. Don’t get me wrong they have a very good team but seems like they are not in that smooth mode of football like they usually are this time of year with little things on the field on both sides of the ball. Now The Boro had a lot to do with that and they also where a good team but just something missing with this Panthers team.
I smell an upset.
I just can’t go with Campbellsville. They struggled against an New Cath team that just wasn’t very good…
Unless NCC greatly improved since playing Raceland the fact that they nearly beat Campbellsville tells me that C-Ville is overrated. Pikeville by 3+ scores
Pikeville. Been there, done that. Experience matters in these big games. Game will be similar to Middlesboro game, close for a half, then Pikeville wears them down.
(11-18-2023, 10:47 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: Unless NCC greatly improved since playing Raceland the fact that they nearly beat Campbellsville tells me that C-Ville is overrated.  Pikeville by 3+ scores
I talked to a NCC dad on the sidelines during the Raceland game and he said they had some key injuries when they played the Rams. I believe NCC did get much better latter in the year but….Pikeville still wins this one going away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Orange Blaze
Campbellsville is going to play like this is their Super Bowl. They get the 2 time defending champs at their place for a chance to play at Kroger. I expect their best game. Pikeville looked sloppy to begin last night’s game. They had some bad penalties. They had a month off and then played weak competition after their first 5 games of the year. Boyd County was ok and Middlesboro played hard and had some players. If Pikeville plays that way at Campbellsville, they lose. What they are capable of is much more and I think they’ll get it done.
Mboro also had the best player on the field…Sayre had a D1 commit in Coffman. Anthony and Wallace told them to hold their beer…

Fact is i think the only teams that can match/handle Pikeville and Racelands physical style of play for 4 quarters Raceland and Pikeville. If teams can’t stop the run, they won’t beat Raceland or Pikeville.
I like the Eagles, but they are the third or fourth best team in 1A. Pikeville should win and Raceland will win for a rematch at Kroger.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rip/Spin's post:
  • Willie Nelson
Pikeville 42-15