Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
78.26%
Sayre
21.74%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at Sayre 11/17 3RD ROUND
Raceland fans should watch the Sayre/Hazard tape from last year. Sayre had Hazard on the ropes all night at Hazard...
(11-14-2023, 02:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 11:52 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I agree 82. Sayre is riding a long win streak and looking to make a statement that their Program is the next big thing in 1A. They have a very tallented player in the Coffman kid and Pennington has high football pedigree in his blood and can pick a team apart if he has time. Raceland needs to feed Wallace and Heighton early and often and keep those two on the sidelines.

Thanks for causing me to spit my chili dog all over my screen lol

the next big thing is there for the taking. Pikeville and Raceland aren’t going anywhere in the top of 1A discussion. But Hazard, NCC, Paintsville, and Paris have shown they just aren’t the ones to be consistently in the conversation any time soon to knock one of them off. Sayre and Middlesboro are the next teams in line. They have their chance to show it this weekend. But I don’t think it will happen.
(11-14-2023, 02:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Raceland fans should watch the Sayre/Hazard tape from last year. Sayre had Hazard on the ropes all night at Hazard...

Quiet!  That makes me nervous!  Maybe the coaches have watched it in detail??  I'm not gonna.....
Sayre riding the heater after “upsetting” Paris.

Could Sayer’s air attack be the kryptonite for Pikeville?
(11-14-2023, 11:40 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Sayre riding the heater after “upsetting” Paris.

Who has thrown on Pikeville this year?
(11-14-2023, 11:49 PM)who have they played that has a passing attack like Sayre? that’s my point. Belichick Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 11:40 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Sayre riding the heater after “upsetting” Paris.

I saw an article about talking about Sayre’s QB and his stats are crazy. He has 2334 passing yards with 47 touchdowns and no interceptions. Even if their competition wasn’t great those are impressive numbers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Patriot1
(11-15-2023, 05:43 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: I saw an article about talking about  Sayre’s QB and his stats are crazy.  He has 2334 passing yards with 47 touchdowns and no interceptions.  Even if their competition wasn’t great those are impressive numbers.
I know nothing about their offense but my first thought is…..are they trowing a lot of screens or throwing the ball downfield? A lot of high school qbs are throwing screens and getting yards from yak. I’ll guess I’ll find out Friday haha
(11-15-2023, 07:08 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-15-2023, 05:43 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: I saw an article about talking about  Sayre’s QB and his stats are crazy.  He has 2334 passing yards with 47 touchdowns and no interceptions.  Even if their competition wasn’t great those are impressive numbers.
I know nothing about their offense but my first thought is…..are they trowing a lot of screens or throwing the ball downfield? A lot of high school qbs are throwing screens and getting yards from yak. I’ll guess I’ll find out Friday haha
Based off of his highlight video from this season it looks like they run a traditional air raid offense and live on the big plays downfield.  That being said, I don’t know how he has gotten away without having an interception yet.  Some of those throws were risky and right in the middle of coverage.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14843840/Luke-Pennington
(11-15-2023, 07:20 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
Based off of his highlight video from this season it looks like they run a traditional air raid offense and live on the big plays downfield.  That being said, I don’t know how he has gotten away without having an interception yet.  Some of those throws were risky and right in the middle of coverage.

I do Blaze the competition was weak according to their schedule now Sayre won’t be able to run the ball against the Rams defense so they have to throw which let’s the Rams know what is coming so let those front guys pin the ears back and get to the quarterback and definitely they can’t stop the Rams running attack so I still see this game as a running clock for the Rams just wondering if anybody streams this game and good luck Rams but don’t think you need much luck in this one
(11-13-2023, 11:37 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I watched the Paris Sayre game twice today. That is not the Paris team Raceland played. Paris looked lost and lethargic the entire game. Could be because the head coach took a bunch of kids to a concert the night before the game. They played like they were out all night. Sayre has a few nice players but I believe the physicality of Raceland will eventually take over the game at some point

Why did you waste your time watching, TWICE? Wasn't it you that said.....................

(11-07-2023, 12:15 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Does it really matter who wins this game?

You guys crack me up. Reminds me of some of the Mayfield fans that would talk shit about a team until they played them. After they beat them, they'd be bragging about the quality of team only to bolster their own reputation.
(11-15-2023, 09:02 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(11-15-2023, 07:20 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:

I do Blaze the competition was weak according to their schedule now Sayre won’t be able to run the ball against the Rams defense so they have to throw which let’s the Rams know what is coming so let those front guys pin the ears back and get to the quarterback and definitely they can’t stop the Rams running attack so I still see this game as a running clock for the Rams just wondering if anybody streams this game and good luck Rams but don’t think you need much luck in this one
Patriot, the game should be live-streamed here although it's just a raw live stream with no play-by-play.
 https://fan.hudl.com/United-States/KY/Lexington/organization/34710/Sayre-School/schedule?date=2023-11-12T05%3A00%3A00.000Z&range=Week&s=U2NoZWR1bGVFbnRyeVB1YmxpY1N1bW1hcnk2NTRmMTAxZjVjNWQxOGMzNGU4YzgyYzE%3D
[-] The following 2 users Like Slic Ric's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Patriot1
(11-15-2023, 09:17 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 11:37 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I watched the Paris Sayre game twice today. That is not the Paris team Raceland played. Paris looked lost and lethargic the entire game. Could be because the head coach took a bunch of kids to a concert the night before the game. They played like they were out all night. Sayre has a few nice players but I believe the physicality of Raceland will eventually take over the game at some point

Why did you waste your time watching, TWICE? Wasn't it you that said.....................

(11-07-2023, 12:15 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Does it really matter who wins this game?

You guys crack me up. Reminds me of some of the Mayfield fans that would talk shit about a team until they played them. After they beat them, they'd be bragging about the quality of team only to bolster their own reputation.
The difference is that Mayfield has a bunch of state titles to back up their trash talk.
  • Big Five-0-
(11-15-2023, 03:49 PM)AgentOrange Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 11:49 PM)who have they played that has a passing attack like Sayre? that’s my point. Belichick Wrote:

I think they played at LCA and a D1 QB. That passing game was held in check except for the last drive when the game was over to help Boley’s stats look a little better. Sayre is not LCA. Don’t have to worry about their running game and their line isn’t on par. Pennington is a great talent but not better than Boley. I think Pikeville has a defense that isn’t going to give up much on the ground or in the air. That D is very good and looking better each week. Championship level good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • jetpilot
Defense is absolutely championship caliber.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(11-16-2023, 12:26 AM)Belichick Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 11:49 PM)who have they played that has a passing attack like Sayre? that’s my point. Belichick Wrote:

I think they played at LCA and a D1 QB. That passing game was held in check except for the last drive when the game was over to help Boley’s stats look a little better. Sayre is not LCA. Don’t have to worry about their running game and their line isn’t on par. Pennington is a great talent but not better than Boley. I think Pikeville has a defense that isn’t going to give up much on the ground or in the air. That D is very good and looking better each week. Championship level good.
You say you’re not a Pikeville homer but yet again you’re in a Raceland thread talking Pikeville. Take the maroon glasses off and try evaluating Pikeville.
I haven't followed either team this year, but I think this game will reveal a lot about each program. Looking forward to a good game!
He did evaluate Pikeville. Pikeville will handle Raceland if they play again, write it down. Once again the no titles guy telling 7 titles fans about evaluation skills and maroon glasses is comedy at its finest
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, The 99
(11-16-2023, 09:29 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 12:26 AM)Belichick Wrote:

You say you’re not a Pikeville homer but yet again you’re in a Raceland thread talking Pikeville. Take the maroon glasses off and try evaluating Pikeville.
We know where you stand. I call it like I see it. I’m not saying your team isn’t good. Quite the opposite if you read anything I post. Saying I think Pikeville is better is not a slight on you. I think Pikeville is 2-3 scores better than anyone in 1A unless they beat themselves. My opinion. I was responding to someone who mentioned Pikeville on this thread. I didn’t bring them up. They can get beat any week and your team beat them. That was a good win. But, if you haven’t been paying attention to their defense, it is peaking and their offense is also getting much better. Sorry.
What’s the forecast for this one?
Rain moving out before 6:00 P.M. in Lexington.....
Pikeville game time forecast:
Consistant mild temperatures between 56-60 degrees with a light wind (6mph), not gusting. Worst part for fans is the 65-75% rain chance throughout the entire game.

^ Sorry, wrong thread

(11-16-2023, 10:09 PM)bac2369 Wrote: What’s the forecast for this one?

Consistant mild temperatures 58-60 with variable winds around 7 mph, gusts 10-14 mph. Rain chances around 50% with the greater chances being early half of the game.
Imo, if Raceland is on par with where they need to be to have a real chance at winning their first title in December, this game needs to be a dominating performance. If they struggle at all to win this game, they will have a hard time in the semis with whoever the face, unless there were to be a weird upset.
Good luck to THE RAMS tonight all you RAMES have a safe trip down and back
Raining here in Breathitt County at the moment. Just a hour or so from Lexington so good chance the field will be wet. I think that would favor Raceland. But this game will be on Grass and not sure how the field at Sayre drains and does with the rain..
Raceland

This will be the most physical team Sayre has played this year. That Dline will get after Pennington.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I expected Raceland to control this game before the forecast. The rain should favor the more physical Rams while hindering the Spartan's passing game. I feel Raceland might have a little extra fire under their pants for playing this one on the road. I know the fanbase has felt slighted by the RPI.... I'd think the team has to feel that a bit too. If Raceland doesn't have great success running the ball tonight, next week could get very interesting. Going with the Rams by 20-26 points.
(11-17-2023, 06:40 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: I expected Raceland to control this game before the forecast. The rain should favor the more physical Rams while hindering the Spartan's passing game. I feel Raceland might have a little extra fire under their pants for playing this one on the road. I know the fanbase has felt slighted by the RPI.... I'd think the team has to feel that a bit too. If Raceland doesn't have great success running the ball tonight, next week could get very interesting. Going with the Rams by 20-26 points.
Tbh I’m not too upset about this being a road game since Sayre is an undefeated team.  In the old system there would have been a good chance of Raceland traveling in this round as well.  Now if Paris won last week and we were going to Paris that would be a different conversation lol. 

As for the game tonight.  I think Raceland will assert its will physically but I also think Sayre will have their big plays as well and will keep the game within a respectable scoring range at about 42-21.
  • Glory_Days
Two things….one, pregame was a disaster. Noway should your coach be screaming at you before a third round playoff game. Look for the Rams to start slow!

Two, don’t go in the liquor store off the exit attached to the BP. They got everything in the world in there. I was very very surprised. They have things on the selves I’ve never seen in the wild before. Stay away or bring your cash haha

(11-17-2023, 06:40 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: I expected Raceland to control this game before the forecast. The rain should favor the more physical Rams while hindering the Spartan's passing game. I feel Raceland might have a little extra fire under their pants for playing this one on the road. I know the fanbase has felt slighted by the RPI.... I'd think the team has to feel that a bit too. If Raceland doesn't have great success running the ball tonight, next week could get very interesting. Going with the Rams by 20-26 points.
This field is rock hard. It’s like it never rained. There will be no issues with a sloppy filed.
So far it’s going like I thought early. Sayre pass game is tough. They can’t stop the run though. So far physically it’s a toss up. Rams better wake up.