•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Boyle Co 21 Corbin 14
(11-20-2023, 07:21 PM)With A Cause Wrote: Speaking of stomping out the competition I was just thinking about the Corbin Frederick Douglass game. I was at the game and witnessed a Frederick Douglass player get ejected for the same reason.  This kid was absolutely livid about being tossed from the game.  Why?  I would like to see the video on that game to see if there was anything to instigate his actions.  Is this standard procedure from Corbin players instigate some response from the competition to get them ejected from the game.

I never liked Corbin, but some of you have serious issues that you have to keep creating new accounts to bash Corbin. lol
(11-20-2023, 07:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I think any program that has common football sense would have to consider Justin Haddix as the next head coach and do anything possible to get him. Even if its a Corbin, Trinity, Male, Univerity of Kentucky or no doubt Boyle to keep him. I think plenty of examples has been put in front of all of us on what not to do. Hire Supers and Principles and Board Members who wants to put self politics in front of doing the right thing. But any program putting there best foot forward should hire the best available and if they can steal a coach like a Haddix, I absolutely think they should try. Programs can take a nose dive real quick when the wrong hires is made. I know one thing, he is liked in two towns. Im in both of them on Fridays and I hear the talk. He is a well liked coach. So in my opinion, a program has a option, hire the from the rest or go for the best. If you ask me, I would go for the best. What do you think Boyle County is going to do, go forward or backwards now that they are front and center in title town. They will go after the best available and if they can land what is considered the best coach available, then do so. Its just a smart move on any program to do so. Im sure if you could listen to all the top current head coaches, they no doubt all get offers to coach other programs on a yearly basis. The smartest thing to do as a program is when you have a coach that you like and he is winning championships, do everything in your power to keep him. Make him happy.
I wish my school had more people like you in the administration Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-18-2023, 12:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:35 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:54 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:06 AM)Ralph Furley Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:56 AM)Bolt Wrote: to be honest they probably would have had a better chance at a title had they went back to somerset, but somerset is going to get drilled next week
Do you think they went to Corbin for a title?Winning a title had nothing to do with it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

How much longer is hating on these two kids gonna be tolerated?  We are watching two youngsters get abused.

No one is “hating” on the twins. Via the stream they look like grown men vs kids. 

Everyone including yourself know it was about the money.   Stating that isn’t “hating” on them.

"Even if a story is true about a student athlete, it still isn't permitted to be discussed. Most often, stories are fluid and most of the time even litigious. These issues are never reported accurately, even with substantiation.

The last thing in the world anyone should do, is hinder or hurt a student athlete. "     ---Granny Bear

These kids have been portrayed on here pretty much as nothing but prostitutes.  I suspect their attorneys have already scoured the board and noted the comments. Cease and desist letters might be forthcoming .  I wouldn't continue to libel these youngsters if I were you, posters.  Do what you want but... just sayin' .

Good googly moogly, the amount of ridiculous bullspit that you continue to post is astonishing!!

Guess it's ok for you to "abuse" or "hate on" a student athlete. Blaming one kid for the loss, how do you think that comes across to any of the players? It also seems you enjoy the freedom to post whatever you like without regard ("can kiss my a@@") but cry out for the mods and lawyers when it fits your agenda. Not many things worse than a hypocrite.... well, an activist does come to mind.

Your words below.........please take time to read them all and count the number of times you "bashed" one kid!!! You call yourself a fan of this team, no one in their right mind would continue to throw shade at one of their own. Corbin should be grateful they can get anyone to come to town and coach any sport at the school with this kind of insanity.

(11-18-2023, 12:10 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I agree that Haddix made the adjustments and Tom didn't. That was as predictable as me posting on here all damn night long until I've had my say.  If the Corbin kid doesn't think he's at the Olympic trials for high hurdles, Corbin wins this game. Period.
(11-18-2023, 12:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: If Boyle didn't have Q and if Corbin was twinless, Corbin wins handily.  Q and Mr High Hurdles was the difference in this one.
(11-18-2023, 01:03 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's weird that Corbin fans talked up Boyle before this game, saying Boyle would win by four and five scores . And now after watching the damn game , the same Corbin fans won't even admit the obvious and glaring conclusion that Corbin was better. You hate Tommy as much as I do but , unlike me, you can't admit that Tom's team was far better. Just didn't get the big plays or breaks. They did win the high hurdle championship. What a dumbass rule!!!
(11-18-2023, 01:55 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Boyle had one player that was better and he was the difference, along with the Corbin high hurdler.
(11-18-2023, 02:24 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: You are a fool if you really watched that game and don't believe Corbin would win  8 times out of 10 on a neutral field. What would you be on here saying if Corbin had won, like they should have? Did you even watch the game?  Corbin must have possessed the ball 35 minutes. A couple of crappy calls and some high hurdling killed them. Darrell Tremaine wasn't the reason they lost.
(11-18-2023, 03:10 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Boyle is no where near the better team. Better coached, better speed, and best player. But, most certainly NOT the best team overall. Credit Q for making plays when Boyle needed it. Also, credit Corbin high hurdler and the incompetent stripes. And credit that s#!tty bandbox of a venue.
(11-18-2023, 12:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: You didn't even watch the game, did you?   lolCorbin had the ball for what seemed like the whole game. Boyle finally got the ball into the hands of its best player and he won the game with a couple of big plays. Corbin, appeared to be the better team, according to most that I talked to. One player high-hurdled his way to a Corbin loss.
(11-18-2023, 01:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The high hurdles were odd. One time... okay. But three times!  The kid is a super athlete and I just think it's an instinctive thing for him to do. I'm sure the
coaching staff probably said , don't do that again!" Kid is just too athletic for his ,and the team's , own good in this instance.

Dum, dumb, DUMB rule though!!!
(11-18-2023, 02:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Viz, is Darrell Tremaine the reason a Corbin player hurdled three times or why a QB/punter runs into a punt block?  Darrell Tremaine didn't lose this game. Darrell Tremaine's home health nurse was changing his diaper as the game played out last night.

It took a poster calling you out and a mod to step in before you finally let up.

Maybe you should take a break and think about your posts.... More hypocrisy calling out a poster bashing Corbin's kids. Also, it's you that constantly compares your coach to Haddix and always plays the what if game while fantasizing about his return.
(11-18-2023, 03:22 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: What would your sad life be like if you couldn't bash Corbin's kids? Pretty pathetic . What if you didn't have King Justin to slobber all over? I guess it would just be you and your hand . 

[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • HighViz
Morehead State football coaching job is vacant.. If I were them and wanting to turn around my program I would throw the bank at Haddix..
(11-21-2023, 05:07 AM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:35 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:54 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:06 AM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Do you think they went to Corbin for a title?Winning a title had nothing to do with it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

How much longer is hating on these two kids gonna be tolerated?  We are watching two youngsters get abused.

No one is “hating” on the twins. Via the stream they look like grown men vs kids. 

Everyone including yourself know it was about the money.   Stating that isn’t “hating” on them.

"Even if a story is true about a student athlete, it still isn't permitted to be discussed. Most often, stories are fluid and most of the time even litigious. These issues are never reported accurately, even with substantiation.

The last thing in the world anyone should do, is hinder or hurt a student athlete. "     ---Granny Bear

These kids have been portrayed on here pretty much as nothing but prostitutes.  I suspect their attorneys have already scoured the board and noted the comments. Cease and desist letters might be forthcoming .  I wouldn't continue to libel these youngsters if I were you, posters.  Do what you want but... just sayin' .

Good googly moogly, the amount of ridiculous bullspit that you continue to post is astonishing!!

Guess it's ok for you to "abuse" or "hate on" a student athlete. Blaming one kid for the loss, how do you think that comes across to any of the players? It also seems you enjoy the freedom to post whatever you like without regard ("can kiss my a@@") but cry out for the mods and lawyers when it fits your agenda. Not many things worse than a hypocrite.... well, an activist does come to mind.

Your words below.........please take time to read them all and count the number of times you "bashed" one kid!!! You call yourself a fan of this team, no one in their right mind would continue to throw shade at one of their own. Corbin should be grateful they can get anyone to come to town and coach any sport at the school with this kind of insanity.

(11-18-2023, 12:10 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I agree that Haddix made the adjustments and Tom didn't. That was as predictable as me posting on here all damn night long until I've had my say.  If the Corbin kid doesn't think he's at the Olympic trials for high hurdles, Corbin wins this game. Period.
(11-18-2023, 12:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: If Boyle didn't have Q and if Corbin was twinless, Corbin wins handily.  Q and Mr High Hurdles was the difference in this one.
(11-18-2023, 01:03 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's weird that Corbin fans talked up Boyle before this game, saying Boyle would win by four and five scores . And now after watching the damn game , the same Corbin fans won't even admit the obvious and glaring conclusion that Corbin was better. You hate Tommy as much as I do but , unlike me, you can't admit that Tom's team was far better. Just didn't get the big plays or breaks. They did win the high hurdle championship. What a dumbass rule!!!
(11-18-2023, 01:55 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Boyle had one player that was better and he was the difference, along with the Corbin high hurdler.
(11-18-2023, 02:24 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: You are a fool if you really watched that game and don't believe Corbin would win  8 times out of 10 on a neutral field. What would you be on here saying if Corbin had won, like they should have? Did you even watch the game?  Corbin must have possessed the ball 35 minutes. A couple of crappy calls and some high hurdling killed them. Darrell Tremaine wasn't the reason they lost.
(11-18-2023, 03:10 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Boyle is no where near the better team. Better coached, better speed, and best player. But, most certainly NOT the best team overall. Credit Q for making plays when Boyle needed it. Also, credit Corbin high hurdler and the incompetent stripes. And credit that s#!tty bandbox of a venue.
(11-18-2023, 12:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: You didn't even watch the game, did you?   lolCorbin had the ball for what seemed like the whole game. Boyle finally got the ball into the hands of its best player and he won the game with a couple of big plays. Corbin, appeared to be the better team, according to most that I talked to. One player high-hurdled his way to a Corbin loss.
(11-18-2023, 01:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The high hurdles were odd. One time... okay. But three times!  The kid is a super athlete and I just think it's an instinctive thing for him to do. I'm sure the
coaching staff probably said , don't do that again!" Kid is just too athletic for his ,and the team's , own good in this instance.

Dum, dumb, DUMB rule though!!!
(11-18-2023, 02:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Viz, is Darrell Tremaine the reason a Corbin player hurdled three times or why a QB/punter runs into a punt block?  Darrell Tremaine didn't lose this game. Darrell Tremaine's home health nurse was changing his diaper as the game played out last night.

It took a poster calling you out and a mod to step in before you finally let up.

Maybe you should take a break and think about your posts.... More hypocrisy calling out a poster bashing Corbin's kids. Also, it's you that constantly compares your coach to Haddix and always plays the what if game while fantasizing about his return.
(11-18-2023, 03:22 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: What would your sad life be like if you couldn't bash Corbin's kids? Pretty pathetic . What if you didn't have King Justin to slobber all over? I guess it would just be you and your hand . 

Go soak your tired, aching bones, you Bruce Springsteen wannabe. There was little glory in your days.  I love that kid. I remember the day he was born. I've hugged him. I've eaten dinner with him and his family . He's a great kid and he was one of the best  players on the field for the Hounds last Friday. I've indicated multiple times that the hurdle rule is trash and it's not always even enforced. He's a great athlete and was just acting instinctively. But the fact is, without those hurdles the Hounds probably win by a score. The kid feels terrible about it and knows that his mistakes were costly. There's no getting around it, the multiple  high hurdling was not only pivotal but will one of the biggest takeaways for many when they think back to this game. Being critical of bad plays a kid makes does not equate to bashing a kid personally. I blame Julian Tackett and Tom Greer more than the young Corbin athlete. He was just trying to make football plays. His athleticism worked to his disadvantage on those plays.

Being critical of repeated high hurdles is not even in the same category as a bunch of jealous old white men on a message board  libeling two young black  kids relentlessly on here for months. Much of what has been said would be grounds for a libel suit. These kids have done nothing wrong, not on the field or off of it. They have been great student-athletes.  They are smart, savvy, and uber-talented kids who have loved playing and representing Corbin High School. One of those kids has just been named the KHSAA  student-athlete of the year in football.  That's just frosting on the proverbial cake for a bunch of old dudes who prefer their frosting , vanilla. Your glory days were never as glorious as those of these two young twin stars.

Kick rocks, "Boss."

(11-20-2023, 05:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I've been stomped harder by my kitty cat that kid got stomped. That was the lightest contact seen all night. 

UK needs some monster stomping done next season if they're gonna to fix their snowflake little team.  I hope the twins stomp some mudholes in the asses of SEC teams next year on their way to big Sunday paychecks in four years or so.
If you don't see a problem with the kid getting stomped, you have more in common with your old buddy Greer than you may have thought. I guess as the old saying goes "birds of a feather flock together!"  Also, I'm assuming you didn't have a problem with #0 ripping the helmet off of another Boyle player while lying on the ground. All of these actions lead straight back to Greer, and if you promote this type of behavior, you are no better than Greer and the rest of his cronies!
[-] The following 3 users Like Cat Daddy's post:
  • HighViz, Holy Bull, Jack Lambert
(11-21-2023, 03:58 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 05:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I've been stomped harder by my kitty cat that kid got stomped. That was the lightest contact seen all night. 

UK needs some monster stomping done next season if they're gonna to fix their snowflake little team.  I hope the twins stomp some mudholes in the asses of SEC teams next year on their way to big Sunday paychecks in four years or so.
If you don't see a problem with the kid getting stomped, you have more in common with your old buddy Greer than you may have thought. I guess as the old saying goes "birds of a feather flock together!"  Also, I'm assuming you didn't have a problem with #0 ripping the helmet off of another Boyle player while lying on the ground. All of these actions lead straight back to Greer, and if you promote this type of behavior, you are no better than Greer and the rest of his cronies!

Well said!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • back country
(11-21-2023, 03:58 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:

15 yard penalty would have been plenty. Obviously, the referees didn't think that either warranted even 15 yards. If the refs didn't think either were egregious enough to even be flagged  then why are you blaming Old School for being a flocking bird?
What did OSH say when the 2 kids from Fred D got Removed from the game at Corbin for doing the same stuff? I didn’t hear you say 1 time that they should have had a 15yard penalty and stay in the game. Ha ha

Again, the twins are studs! 99 will do well for the cats. But the highschool leadership these 19 year olds has rubbed off. Evidence in the film and scoreboard.
(11-21-2023, 05:20 PM)HighViz Wrote: What did OSH say when the 2 kids from Fred D got Removed from the game at Corbin for doing the same stuff? I didn’t hear you say 1 time that they should have had a 15yard penalty and stay in the game.  Ha ha

Again, the twins are studs! 99 will do well for the cats.  But the  highschool leadership these 19 year olds has rubbed off.  Evidence in the film and scoreboard.

I was watching the Corbin-Douglass from back behind the old library and I have floaters and poor vision so I couldn't see if the stomps were violent . If they were the equivalent of the Q-stomp, I would have thought an unsportsmanlike flag but no ejection would have been in order for the Douglass Stompers. Obviously, different officiating crews see things differently. The crew in Danville saw no need to throw a flag for those incidents. You all are acting like our kid was the Mongolian Stomper. Q received much harder contact when tackled to the ground than he received on the ground. Again, the refs saw nothing to warrant a flag. Lot of hyperbolic reactions to the "incident" on here. If  the refs would have flagged him I wouldn't have argued it. Ejection would have been way over the top, though.   Plus, like I said, that kid wasn't going anywhere, regardless of how tackled or stomped. Lot of snowflakes, nowadays. Do I need to list some of the things I saw R.C. Thomas do when he played defense for Corbin in the 70's(prior to murdering his mother, of course) ?
(11-21-2023, 12:25 AM)Happyhour247 Wrote: I can see Haddix in Lexington, Louisville HS or college coaching in near future.

Where in Lexington or Louisville do you see him going?  You think those are the best high school coaching destinations??  Seriously.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • FallRock
This thread needs to be shut down. The game is over lets move on. Both teams played one hell of a game a couple calls either way and Boyle could've blown the game open or if they went Corbin's way Corbin would've won . Don't blame the young men that played their hearts out and left everything on the field. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and a very blessed Christmas ?.
[-] The following 4 users Like True pioneer's post:
  • Hatz, Holy Bull, Jack Lambert, TD Hounds
If you don’t wanna read it quit going to the thread ….simple
Enough with the censorship already….
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • pjdoug, Shogun
(11-21-2023, 10:51 PM)True pioneer Wrote: This thread needs to be shut down. The game is over lets move on. Both teams played one hell of a game a couple calls either way and Boyle could've blown the game open or if they went Corbin's way Corbin would've won . Don't blame the young men that played their hearts out and left everything on the field. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and a very blessed Christmas ?.

??
First, I've said nothing about the twins. 

Now, back to the real issue here. I'm sure he and his family appreciate you blaming him for the loss.
You're attempt to deflect is weak and pitiful. You made it very clear, so the rest of your garbage reply is meaningless.

(11-18-2023, 12:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: You didn't even watch the game, did you?   lolCorbin had the ball for what seemed like the whole game. Boyle finally got the ball into the hands of its best player and he won the game with a couple of big plays. Corbin, appeared to be the better team, according to most that I talked to. One player high-hurdled his way to a Corbin loss.
(11-18-2023, 12:10 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I agree that Haddix made the adjustments and Tom didn't. That was as predictable as me posting on here all damn night long until I've had my say.  If the Corbin kid doesn't think he's at the Olympic trials for high hurdles, Corbin wins this game. Period.
Here is my take on a loss. No one individual lost a game. You win or lose as a team. Corbin actually overcame lots of penalties and made spetacular plays all night long and really had a chance to score even after penalties. I think based on what I seen in that 3rd quarter with how the passing game was working, they needed to keep with what was working. I no doubt think any penalties hurt. But I also remember Corbin seemed to be right there no matter the circumstances. It was a good hard fought game. I am a fan of the kid who has gotten all the wrong publicity. Corbin seemed to target him and he made the plays. Arguably, I could say without him, Corbin may not have been in the position they were in. Thats one thing about the athletes at Corbin, they played one of the best games I have seen them play. Against one of the best opponents they could have matched up against.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Deuce8, Rebel55, TD Hounds
(11-21-2023, 11:32 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: If you don’t wanna read it quit going to the thread ….simple
Thank you!  Well said, D8 !!!

(11-22-2023, 12:53 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: First, I've said nothing about the twins. 

Now, back to the real issue here. I'm sure he and his family appreciate you blaming him for the loss.
You're attempt to deflect is weak and pitiful. You made it very clear, so the rest of your garbage reply is meaningless.

(11-18-2023, 12:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: You didn't even watch the game, did you?   lolCorbin had the ball for what seemed like the whole game. Boyle finally got the ball into the hands of its best player and he won the game with a couple of big plays. Corbin, appeared to be the better team, according to most that I talked to. One player high-hurdled his way to a Corbin loss.
(11-18-2023, 12:10 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I agree that Haddix made the adjustments and Tom didn't. That was as predictable as me posting on here all damn night long until I've had my say.  If the Corbin kid doesn't think he's at the Olympic trials for high hurdles, Corbin wins this game. Period.
The kid's a fine player. He made a few costly mistakes while trying to make football plays. It was just odd seeing that happen three times in one game when it is seldom called. Corbin players had leaped opponents before without being flagged. I'm already over it and looking forward  to some roundball Houndball. Wish that youngster would go out for basketball where he could leap all he wants without being penalized. GO HOUNDS!!!

(11-22-2023, 01:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Here is my take on a loss. No one individual lost a game. You win or lose as a team. Corbin actually overcame lots of penalties and made spetacular plays all night long and really had a chance to score even after penalties. I think based on what I seen in that 3rd quarter with how the passing game was working, they needed to keep with what was working. I no doubt think any penalties hurt. But I also remember Corbin seemed to be right there no matter the circumstances. It was a good hard fought game. I am a fan of the kid who has gotten all the wrong publicity. Corbin seemed to target him and he made the plays. Arguably, I could say without him, Corbin may not have been in the position they were in. Thats one thing about the athletes at Corbin, they played one of the best games I have seen them play. Against one of the best opponents they could have matched up against.

Yep, just couldn't that one or two big plays deep in the red zone. Still think they were the best team in the state of Kentucky. Would have won at Campbell. Just came up a little short on the scoreboard. Entertaining season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Advicegiver74
(11-22-2023, 01:47 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 11:32 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: If you don’t wanna read it quit going to the thread ….simple

(11-22-2023, 12:53 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: First, I've said nothing about the twins. 

The kid's a fine player. He made a few costly mistakes while trying to make football plays. It was just odd seeing that happen three times in one game when it is seldom called. Corbin players had leaped opponents before without being flagged. I'm already over it and looking forward  to some roundball Houndball. Wish that youngster would go out for basketball where he could leap all he wants without being penalized. GO HOUNDS!!!

(11-22-2023, 01:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Here is my take on a loss. No one individual lost a game. You win or lose as a team. Corbin actually overcame lots of penalties and made spetacular plays all night long and really had a chance to score even after penalties. I think based on what I seen in that 3rd quarter with how the passing game was working, they needed to keep with what was working. I no doubt think any penalties hurt. But I also remember Corbin seemed to be right there no matter the circumstances. It was a good hard fought game. I am a fan of the kid who has gotten all the wrong publicity. Corbin seemed to target him and he made the plays. Arguably, I could say without him, Corbin may not have been in the position they were in. Thats one thing about the athletes at Corbin, they played one of the best games I have seen them play. Against one of the best opponents they could have matched up against.

Yep, just couldn't that one or two big plays deep in the red zone. Still think they were the best team in the state of Kentucky. Would have won at Campbell. Just came up a little short on the scoreboard. Entertaining season.

I think the problem has finally been mentioned by you. 

They got away with it during the year.  Coaches know the rules and should have stopped it then, even if there was no flag. Anyone that knows HS Football knows that rule, called or not. This is the crux of it. If the kid had done it multiple times without penalty a coach has to instruct the player. I lay that on a coach if that’s the case. He allowed bad habits that cost them later down the road.
[-] The following 5 users Like Hatz's post:
  • CC117, Cowboy42, Jack Lambert, Rebel55, TD Hounds
And also probably why he’s so adamant that Corbin wins at Campbell field. We heard that all year.
[-] The following 2 users Like CC117's post:
  • Cowboy42, Hatz
(11-22-2023, 09:40 AM)Hatz Wrote:

They got away with it during the year.  Coaches know the rules and should have stopped it then, even if there was no flag. Anyone that knows HS Football knows that rule, called or not. This is the crux of it. If the kid had done it multiple times without penalty a coach has to instruct the player. I lay that on a coach if that’s the case. He allowed bad habits that cost them later down the road.
I think there's a lot of truth in that statement, unfortunately.
(11-22-2023, 12:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I think it’s time for you start complaining about how Jeff Davis owns Tony P. Football season is over…at least for the Redhounds it is, so it would appear it’s time for basketball complaining……LOL…….BTW I thought I saw a 71 Fiat on a used car lot today…….if you are interested
(11-22-2023, 01:29 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 12:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I think it’s time for you start complaining about how Jeff Davis owns Tony P.    Football season is over…at least for the Redhounds it is, so it would appear it’s time for basketball complaining……LOL…….BTW I thought I saw a 71 Fiat on a used car lot today…….if you are interested

Yep, Jeff has owned Tony in recent years. So, if Coach P doesn't want to land on OSH's s#!t list, then he better start beating Jeff's team. I'd hate to have to replace my avatar with a picture of Tony P. with a clown's nose!  GO HOUNDS!!!
(11-22-2023, 10:48 AM)CC117 Wrote: And also probably why he’s so adamant that Corbin wins at Campbell field.  We heard that all year.
Next year the Hounds will win the State Championship..
(11-24-2023, 10:56 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 10:48 AM)CC117 Wrote: And also probably why he’s so adamant that Corbin wins at Campbell field.  We heard that all year.
They would have won the 1A, 2A, 3A, 5A , and 6A this season. And they would have won the 4A title had they scheduled North Laurel instead of Hazard.  I wonder how Tommy's critics(including me) would have viewed the job he did this season if they had finished the season 15-0 and the consensus #1 team in all of Kentucky(which they would have been). One less Hazard game or one less hurdle and that dream season would have been a reality.
(11-24-2023, 12:45 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
They would have won the 1A, 2A, 3A, 5A , and 6A this season. And they would have won the 4A title had they scheduled North Laurel instead of Hazard.  I wonder how Tommy's critics(including me) would have viewed the job he did this season if they had finished the season 15-0 and the consensus #1 team in all of Kentucky(which they would have been). One less Hazard game or one less hurdle and that dream season would have been a reality.

So good to see that Fantasy Island is still alive. I loved that show , where you could imagine or pretend anything. Keep living in Fantasy Land and maybe sometime(another 42 years) it will come true.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Old School Hound
(11-24-2023, 12:53 PM)back country Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 12:45 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

So good to see that Fantasy Island is still alive. I loved that show , where you could imagine or pretend anything. Keep living in Fantasy Land and maybe sometime(another 42 years) it will come true.
It's "de plane , de plane" --- de plain damn truth, sir. Hounds were the state's best team this season. Just needed one more home game, or one less game of leap frog, to prove it .
If penalties that are penalties aren’t called against Corbin in Corbin, it’s no wonder Corbin always wins at home. I read the FD/Corbin thread all week leading up to that game and OSH, you were absolutely certain FD wasn’t getting out of there with a W. Guess what? They outgained Corbin on offense, had 2 players ejected, and what exactly was the penalty count for that game??? Do tell us. And you were exactly right. Corbin wins 6-0. Even posted a GIF of a person patting themselves on the back. The ‘Alcoa’ treatment. So you’re saying that in order for Corbin to win that’s what has to happen, why it has to be at Campbell field. After watching those ‘fine young men’ play here at BC it makes me wonder if they instigated like that all year in Corbin…because you have also said more than once how sure you were they wouldn’t get ejected no matter what. It’s a wonder Corbin can ever get a decent opponent to come there and play!
(11-24-2023, 03:40 PM)CC117 Wrote: If penalties that are penalties aren’t called against Corbin in Corbin, it’s no wonder Corbin always wins at home.  I read the FD/Corbin thread all week leading up to that game and OSH, you were absolutely certain FD wasn’t getting out of there with a W.  Guess what?  They outgained Corbin on offense, had 2 players ejected, and what exactly was the penalty count for that game???  Do tell us.  And you were exactly right.  Corbin wins 6-0.  Even posted a GIF of a person patting themselves on the back.  The ‘Alcoa’ treatment.  So you’re saying that in order for Corbin to win that’s what has to happen, why it has to be at Campbell field.  After watching those ‘fine young men’ play here at BC it makes me wonder if they instigated like that all year in Corbin…because you have also said more than once how sure you were they wouldn’t get ejected no matter what.  It’s a wonder Corbin can ever get a decent opponent to come there and play!

The Corbin -Douglass game could have easily been 27-0 or 34-0 Corbin. Hounds had a TD on a fumble that was incorrectly called a incomplete pass. Also, they were deep in Douglass territory four or five times and didn't punch it in. Douglass got close just one(at end of the game). 

With home field and Haddix coaching , Boyle started with a 14-21 point advantage before the Corbin game kicked off . The fact that Boyle won by 7 tells me that Corbin was 2 TDs better, without the advantages figured in. Hounds would have won by two or three scores at Campbell Field. No question.  Tommy putting Hazard on the schedule handed Haddix a fourth straight title that he wouldn't have won, otherwise. The one dimensional Q-offense wouldn't have been nearly enough at Campbell Field.
What was the penalty count/yardage for the FD/Corbin game???

To be state champs, a team should be able to go on the road at some point and win a game against a quality opponent. Corbin probably is 14-21 points better than anyone in Corbin if kids are allowed to hurdle, stomp, and get the opponent to respond & get ejected
Boy you talk about Beating a Dead Horse!!!
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)