•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Boyle Co 21 Corbin 14
Corbin's offense, while clearly better than Boyle's, just couldn't convert when it mattered most. If someone had said before the game that Boyle would score three times, I would have already been looking forward to mowing down Franklin County next week.
(11-18-2023, 02:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Corbin's offense, while clearly better than Boyle's, just couldn't convert when it mattered most. If someone had said  before the game that Boyle would score three times, I would have already been looking forward to mowing down Franklin County next week.

You have the worst stigmatism in the world.  How was Corbin's offense clearly better?  The name of the game is converting and putting up points.  Boyle did that better than Corbin.
(11-18-2023, 02:28 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Viz, is Darrell Tremaine the reason a Corbin player hurdled three times or why a QB/punter runs into a punt block?  Darrell Tremaine didn't lose this game. Darrell Tremaine's home health nurse was changing his diaper as the game played out last night.
Tremaine is listed solely because he was a part of it in 2018/2019.  The heist.
Don't get me wrong. Tremaine and the others you listed almost make me wish I believed in a fiery hell, because that is where those people deserve to spend eternity. Unfortunately, their existence will end just like yours and mine, and the guys from KANSAS ... just  dust in the wind.
(11-18-2023, 02:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Corbin's offense, while clearly better than Boyle's, just couldn't convert when it mattered most. If someone had said  before the game that Boyle would score three times, I would have already been looking forward to mowing down Franklin County next week.
Do you know how the game works Boyle scored more then Corbin so how were they better I think someone needs to learn the game
Congratulations Rebels!!
(11-18-2023, 02:35 PM)Hatz Wrote:

You have the worst stigmatism in the world.  How was Corbin's offense clearly better?  The name of the game is converting and putting up points.  Boyle did that better than Corbin.
Boyle had the best offensive player. Corbin had the better offfense between the 20 yard lines. Just didn't convert deep in the RZ.

(11-18-2023, 02:38 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
Do you know how the game works Boyle scored more then Corbin so how were they better I think someone needs to learn the game

Was Appalachian St better than Michigan?  Centre better than Harvard? Phillies better than the Braves?  The team that ends with the most points is not always the better team. Corbin wins 8 of 10 games against Boyle on a neutral field. Even an unbiased football virgin would agree.
(11-18-2023, 02:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Boyle had the best offensive player. Corbin had the better offfense between the 20 yard lines. Just didn't convert deep in the RZ.

Was Appalachian St better than Michigan?  Centre better than Harvard? Phillies better than the Braves?  The team that ends with the most points is not always the better team. Corbin wins 8 of 10 games against Boyle on a neutral field. Even an unbiased football virgin would agree.

I think you make it hard to give Corbin the credit they deserve because the evidence is not there.  The name of the game is scoring.  
Again, the Hounds had at best 20 yards more than Boyle but if you went yards/per play, Boyle was much more effective.  
Corbin's defense was designed against the edges to control the wide sides of the field.  Boyle ran between the tackles and then cut outside when a crease opened beyond the front line.  Their offense was flexible.  Corbin was made to drive distances by a "bend but not break" Boyle Defense.  

Did Appy State play Michigan again?  Centre vs Harvard?  Yet Boyle has played Corbin in back to back seasons in the playoffs and a play separates them but it's not obvious if you don't ever win.
The player called for hurdling, had he been called for it during year? Done it but not called for it or didn’t do it during year?
Bottom line. Boyle won while playing their B- game offensively. If they play 9 more times Boyle County O would be much more dynamic.

THE BETTER TEAM WON
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old skoo bear's post:
  • Hatz
(11-18-2023, 01:55 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 01:20 AM)know1 Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:20 AM)The Outsider Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 11:44 PM)know1 Wrote: The kid that got 3 personal fouls for jumping people cost Corbin the game.

The last 2 calls were incorrect the way I understand the rule.  It's not an infraction if the tackler is going low.  I won't blame the kid, it's just instinct and an official doubling down after Coach Greer let him have it after the previous one that was called.
Did you actually watch them? That wasn't because the defender went low.

(11-18-2023, 12:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: After Boyle wins at Kroger in two weeks, that weirdo, Paul Taylor, needs to approach Haddix again about returning to Corbin. Haddix, as many of us know, indicated that he wouldn't rule out a return to Corbin but said that three people need to be gone before he would consider it.  The Board needs to fire that silly turd, Dave Cox. Greer need s to be convinced in a Mafia sort of way that he better step aside, or else. And Steve Jewell needs to retire to pasture like an old cow.  Once those bozos are out of the way, Haddix needs to be hired as the most important part of the Phase 2 new look of Campbell Field. Get on it, Paul Taylor, you creepy b#$t@% .
He ain't coming back. That ship has sailed and you seem to be delusional.

(11-18-2023, 12:32 AM)BBN2021 Wrote: Congratulations to Boyle! Haddix is the difference in this game.
Nope it was Quisenberry.

Hey Whiny, I happen to know what Haddix said when he was asked. He didn't rule it out.

(11-18-2023, 01:50 AM)Just a fan 12 Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 11:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 11:41 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Congrats to Boyle! A great season for Corbin they played a heck of a game, Boyle was just a bit better.
Boyle scored more but they clearly weren't better. What was the time of possession--- 40:00 to 8:00  ?
Can somebody shut this sore loser up. Old hound you got took to the pound!!!
Boyle had one player that was better and he was the difference, along with the Corbin high hurdler.
All year you claimed Corbin had 2 that was better. Haddix gave the ball to his best player and let him make plays and that's what he did. But don't take anything from the line and those that blocked for him. Face it Boyle is just better than Corbin in all aspects of the game. It's been along 40 years and losing 9 starters on defense Corbin will suck next year. You all put so much pressure on those kids to when a title because of the drought. Stop blaming Tom and blame you dumb ass fans
(11-18-2023, 02:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Using your own logic it would never happen.

Haddix is the better coach
Tommy cannot or will not make adjustments
Haddix changes things up
Tommy does not
By your own logic Corbin might win three….Two for sure
But the adjustments Haddix makes ensures at least 6 for sure and most likely 7 games

And that is using your logic which we have heard many many times
(11-18-2023, 02:41 AM)The Red Eminence Wrote: A lot of people are posting about Corbin's supposed superiority as a team. Apparently, Boyle only has Dawson and Quisenberry. I'm going to disprove that right here and now. Here are only a few Boyle players who made an impact on the outcome. 

Josh Bixler- The sack on 3rd and 8 at the start of the 3rd quarter needs more recognition. It gave Boyle favorable field position and led to a Quisenberry touchdown. That wouldn't have happened without Bixler's big play. 

Demauriah Brown- Interception with two minutes to go before half. While Corbin picked off a pass to close the half, Brown's interception prevented the Redhounds from scoring before the break. Given that Corbin received the ball to start the second half, Brown's interception had tremendous implications. 

Avery Bodner- Got an important stop on 3rd and 2 in the 2nd quarter that took some momentum away from the Redhounds. His coverage ability, especially during a deep pass in the 3rd quarter, doesn't get enough recognition for preventing big plays that might have altered the outcome. 

Jayce Crowe- Broke through the pocket and put pressure on Elam, forcing him out of bounds with two minutes left to play in the game. 

I also don't want to neglect the powerhouses Austin Gorley, Aidan Gosser, and Paul McClure. They are tough, hard-hitting players that could punch a building to death if so desired. 

All of this is to say: Boyle is not relying on two players and an excellent coach. Every player contributes in a substantive way. That is why they are moving on to Kroger field. We asked the question earlier, who has the better defense? It is clear now. Boyle's defense bestrides the narrow world like a Colossus.
They have a team and if you ask any kid the will tell you it's a team effort not just one individual they all do their part
there was a post that said the Twins didn't do much
boyle had a great gameplan for them, but corbin had a plan too. they let the twins contain outside (and usually get doubled) to let the safeties and corners run free while the inside 5 had a size advantage. quisenberry was just really good. i hated the alignment for 0 and 99 early but i saw late that it was pretty effective. they might have not had many tackles but they certainly made an impact.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Khalisimo's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-18-2023, 03:44 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: there was a post that said the Twins didn't do much
boyle had a great gameplan for them, but corbin had a plan too. they let the twins contain outside (and usually get doubled) to let the safeties and corners run free while the inside 5 had a size advantage. quisenberry was just really good. i hated the alignment for 0 and 99 early but i saw late that it was pretty effective. they might have not had many tackles but they certainly made an impact.

We were talking about the game today and the impact those two kids made on every game is just unreal. It did exactly what you said, it allowed other players to step up in big ways.  The Corbin offense gave up 1 touchdown because of that punt situation and that led to a Boyle score. But in all reality, the Corbin varsity defense only gave up 2 touchdowns to Boyle last night and 1 touchdown all season. That is how big of a impact the Twins has made on this years team. They had the biggest stop of the night that gave Corbin 1 more chance late in the game.... Man what a game..
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest, pjdoug
(11-18-2023, 03:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 03:44 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: there was a post that said the Twins didn't do much

We were talking about the game today and the impact those two kids made on every game is just unreal. It did exactly what you said, it allowed other players to step up in big ways.  The Corbin offense gave up 1 touchdown because of that punt situation and that led to a Boyle score. But in all reality, the Corbin varsity defense only gave up 2 touchdowns to Boyle last night and 1 touchdown all season. That is how big of a impact the Twins has made on this years team. They had the biggest stop of the night that gave Corbin 1 more chance late in the game.... Man what a game..

can’t wait to see them in blue
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Bull got out!
One question for the Boyle fans
Is the stadium always that good of an experience? I saw little trailers set up selling kettle corn, amongst other things. Hell one even had Turkey Legs! Is that a one time thing since it was a big gate? I was really impressed.
(11-18-2023, 03:06 PM)Happyhour247 Wrote: The player called for hurdling, had he been called for it during year? Done it but not called for it or didn’t do it during year?
That is a great question that I am curious about. I haven't seen anyone do it all year, yet see it three times in one game from the same team. Someone from Corbin will certainly know that. My guess is they have been doing it all year and never calling it down there, otherwise, why start now?

(11-18-2023, 04:00 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: One question for the Boyle fans
Is the stadium always that good of an experience? I saw little trailers set up selling kettle corn, amongst other things. Hell one even had Turkey Legs! Is that a one time thing since it was a big gate? I was really impressed.
I had not seen the turkey legs but they always have vendors set up. I know in the warmer months, they have snow cones going.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that as long as Haddix is at Boyle then Corbin don’t beat Boyle. Far superior brain pans over at Boyle..
(11-18-2023, 05:01 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

I think it’s pretty safe to say that as long as Haddix is at Boyle then Corbin don’t beat Boyle. Far superior brain pans over at Boyle..

Some of you all are not logical wizards. Corbin had one less score than Boyle on Boyle's home field and Boyle with a far superior coaching staff . That's at least a 3TD advantage before the coin toss ever happens.  Tells me that Corbin was actually at least 2 scores better than Boyle, just strictly looking at players and talent.  On a neutral field with the coaches switched, Corbin wins by 4 or 5 scores. You all don't like to hear that because, well, Boyle is God's team, but it's a fact, Jack.
My GUESS on hurdling is the player had done it during season and star studded officiating crews in this area hadn’t called it. During pregame when Haddix met with officials he told them he had seen it on film many times and they needed to call it or that young man was going to get hurt.
[-] The following 2 users Like Happyhour247's post:
  • CC117, know1
"Some of you all are not logical wizards. Corbin had one less score than Boyle on Boyle's home field and Boyle with a far superior coaching staff . That's at least a 3TD advantage before the coin toss ever happens.  Tells me that Corbin was actually at least 2 scores better than Boyle, just strictly looking at players and talent.  On a neutral field with the coaches switched, Corbin wins by 4 or 5 scores. You all don't like to hear that because, well, Boyle is God's team, but it's a fact, Jack."

Nope it isn't; just because YOU say it and YOU believe it does not make it a fact.....Jack.

By the way, hope everything is okay at Urgent Care.  You made a quick trip out of it.

Also, where were your signs?  I watched the live stream and looked and looked!  But I never did see a sign!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • know1
(11-18-2023, 12:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: After Boyle wins at Kroger in two weeks, that weirdo, Paul Taylor, needs to approach Haddix again about returning to Corbin. Haddix, as many of us know, indicated that he wouldn't rule out a return to Corbin but said that three people need to be gone before he would consider it.  The Board needs to fire that silly turd, Dave Cox. Greer need s to be convinced in a Mafia sort of way that he better step aside, or else. And Steve Jewell needs to retire to pasture like an old cow.  Once those bozos are out of the way, Haddix needs to be hired as the most important part of the Phase 2 new look of Campbell Field. Get on it, Paul Taylor, you creepy b#$t@% .
 This is my 2 cents. I have read these posts for years from everyone. Corbin is 100% good ol' boys club, I do agree. However, Haddix wasn't all that and a bag of chips when he was here.  In 2017, during his 4th year as a Redhound, we lost to Boyle in the state championship game 21-40. He left in 2019 with a 6-5 record. Winning seasons, yes, but not the state championship ring holders. Fans at the games watched his wife act like a complete idiot at some games; attempted to rush the field to get to the refs while the game was going on, drank during the game, yelled profanities. Am I a Greer fan? Nope. Was I a Haddix fan? Nope. Am I a true definition of Corbinite? Absolutely not! However, my son was a Corbin Redhound from his Kindergarten year until he graduated. Corbin's problem is daddy ball and nosy OLD men that have nothing better to do then run a program into the ground. I have watched people who post on here, claim they are Corbin fans and support Corbin, but then 2 seconds later are talking horribly about student athletes. STUDENTS!!! More than likely those students are between the ages of 15-19. I honestly do not know what the answer is, but it is not talking bad about students. If you old men think you can do better, then when Greer resigns or whatever, apply for the position. If you do not like Dave Cox, apply for his position when he retires. I also didn't see any of you all apply when Steve Jewell stopped coaching and apply for the coaching position then. As far as Paul Taylor goes, he probably stayed and celebrated with Boyle County. Is that not entirely weird for a Corbin Board member to do? But we don't talk about that.
(11-18-2023, 06:41 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: "Some of you all are not logical wizards. Corbin had one less score than Boyle on Boyle's home field and Boyle with a far superior coaching staff . That's at least a 3TD advantage before the coin toss ever happens.  Tells me that Corbin was actually at least 2 scores better than Boyle, just strictly looking at players and talent.  On a neutral field with the coaches switched, Corbin wins by 4 or 5 scores. You all don't like to hear that because, well, Boyle is God's team, but it's a fact, Jack."

Nope it isn't; just because YOU say it and YOU believe it does not make it a fact.....Jack.

By the way, hope everything is okay at Urgent Care.  You made a quick trip out of it.

Also, where were your signs?  I watched the live stream and looked and looked!  But I never did see a sign!!
He will probably blame Corbin coach for not having his sign or something but it was the best sign by far 2-3 TD's better
Did anyone ever her the attendance for the game? Last I heard was 5,200 sold and that was Friday morning. Biggest non (Danville game) crowd Iv'e seen played at home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Rebs83
A great night for football and neither team disappointed. In a game like this you hate to see someone lose. Both teams left it all on the field. I was glad boyle won but this game could've went either way. Great environment and very loud. I hope everyone made it home safe and have a Great Thanksgiving.
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(11-18-2023, 06:23 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 05:01 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Some of you all are not logical wizards. Corbin had one less score than Boyle on Boyle's home field and Boyle with a far superior coaching staff . That's at least a 3TD advantage before the coin toss ever happens.  Tells me that Corbin was actually at least 2 scores better than Boyle, just strictly looking at players and talent.  On a neutral field with the coaches switched, Corbin wins by 4 or 5 scores.  You all don't like to hear that because, well, Boyle is God's team, but it's a fact, Jack.

So, let's use your logic.  
Corbin beat FD 6-0 at Corbin's home field.  FD had as many yards and more than the Hounds but failed to score.

Boyle beat FD 28-7 at FD and held them under 100 yards total offense.

Ergo, Boyle must be the better team because Corbin and FD really tied since home field is an automatic TD lead.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hatz's post:
  • HenryHankHill, know1, Rebel55
Just finished watching the game film. Hmmmmmmm.
(11-18-2023, 11:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Just finished watching the game film. Hmmmmmmm.
So spill the beans with the Hmmmmmm comment?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel50's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-18-2023, 04:00 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: One question for the Boyle fans

It's usually a pretty good atmosphere.  Last night was there was more offerings than usual but there is always some options.  

I heard there were about 5000 tix sold throughout the day and another 2500-3000 sold in the 90 minutes prior to the game.  7000-8000 was a number that was floating around today.  Also the team1sports BCSN production said they had almost 16000 unique device log on's throughout the night.  Not sure what NFHS or other production numbers were.  

The 2009 Bell/Boyle semifinals game was very well attended.  There have also been a few Danville/Boyle games through the years that was standing room only.  

Kudos to the Corbin faithful, they brought the house with them.  If might not have been the highest attended game ever at that stadium but if is wasn't, I would think it was in the top three.  

That is what high school football is all about.  Incredible atmosphere.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cactus Jack
A question for Corbin fans: If Corbin had scored on that last possession, do you think your team would have kicked the extra point to force overtime or do you think your coach would have attempted a 2-point conversion for the win?
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next