•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Boyle Co 21 Corbin 14
(11-18-2023, 11:22 PM)rick2517 Wrote: A question for Corbin fans:  If Corbin had scored on that last possession, do you think your team would have kicked the extra point to force overtime or do you think your coach would have attempted a 2-point conversion for the win?

I got asked that question as well. I honestly thing they would have went for it. But as soon as that came out of my mouth I realized that I probably was wrong. It may have been a tie to go into overtime. We will never know. Thats a good question.
It was a great game in my opinion, I think at least one person on this thread needs to seriously seek some professional help. And all the talk of... " If they play 10 times Corbin wins 8". SMH this is football not baseball or basketball where there is a best of 7 series. In the end it's just a game, if you get that tore up over it I really feel sorry for you, and hope you can get some help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebs83's post:
  • know1
(11-18-2023, 11:09 PM)Rebel50 Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Just finished watching the game film. Hmmmmmmm.
So spill the beans with the Hmmmmmm comment?

Well, Corbin goes scoreless in the second half. The Boyle defense held for 2 quarters. When you go back and watch the big runs from Quisenberry, and I looked at where the twins were lined up at, it shows how elusive that kid is. Lots of fine plays made by both teams. Now from what I was looking at, both teams had some success at times, but both defenses ended up ending each others drives in the second half. It was  hard fought game. I think the biggest thing is Corbin comes out of the half in a good postition after winning the coin toss and getting the ball back first in the second half. Boyle comes out and really makes a defensive stand early in that 3rd quarter and just a few plays later hits the end zone. Now, at the time, we didn't know that would be the last score, but that ended up being the final score. So defenses ended up shaping this game into a low scoring game. Nice game. I gotta watch it again. I like looking for stuff and seeing what I missed while watching it live. One thing I noticed that I was wondering was there was times both twins was on the same side. I wondered why. But thats just what I like to look at on the film, I thought when that happened, that would have been a nice time to run to the opposite direction on the field. Corbin has success in that 3rd quarter passing downfield at times but seemed to go away from that inside the 20. I think the long passes was working but the short pass wasn't there. I guess the field is clogged up inside the 20. Again, both defenses stepped up big in the second half. Thats just some of what I saw.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hatz
(11-18-2023, 11:51 PM)Rebs83 Wrote: It was a great game in my opinion, I think at least one person on this thread needs to seriously seek some professional help. And all the talk of... " If they play 10 times Corbin wins 8". SMH this is football not baseball or basketball where there is a best of 7 series. In the end it's just a game, if you get that tore up over it I really feel sorry for you, and hope you can get some help.
Old School moves on from the game within 24 hours. Football is not important in life. I will not, however, stop challenging the people in my community with the awful way they do things around here. I will keep doing that 365 days a year, or until an assassin's bullet ends my efforts.  As an activist, it's in my blood to challenge the status quo .  I agree that football is not a series. Boyle won the one-game playoff. I was simply  stating a hypothetical- that Corbin would win 7 of 10.
I'm ready to watch my Hounds claim a 13th region basketball crown. A Corbin team might still be playing in Lexington!!!
(11-18-2023, 02:55 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:32 AM)HighViz Wrote: Again. Ifs and Buts.  You are full of them.   

Corbin would lose 9 or 10 out of 10. 

I’ll tell ya what tho OSH.  Next year………. You, me, Bull and 64sur can go watch a good football team.  Hell.  You can ride with us to Franklin Co.  You aren’t gonna be busy next Friday.  Unless there is a roundball game.

From what I hear around town, you all can stay in Franklin Co and slobber all over each other.  No Corbin fan would root for Boyle County like you do. I like Justin as a coach but he doesn't give one sh#t about you(or me). From everything I've heard , the Corbin kids have had a hard time understanding why fans who call themselves Corbin fans root for their rival instead of them. I have spoken with Ronnie Bowling and the guys who call the games on radio  and they have read your comments and don't understand how people who call themselves Corbin fans could seemingly root against them and give them little chance of competing. Ask Ronnie what he thinks of your shenanigans .  And Ronnie and Barnett like Haddix. But they don't understand self-professed Redhound fans rooting for him over Tommy's team.  I dislike Tommy as much as the next guy, but I root for him to be the winner, by default, because if he's the winning coach that means my team won the game. The love for  Haddix that you guys have is really kinda creepy.
I agree OSH very strange almost what some would call a man crush I’m pretty sure Haddix lost his fair share of games at Corbin considering he was part of the 40+ year history of shortcomings
(11-19-2023, 04:18 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:32 AM)HighViz Wrote: Again. Ifs and Buts.  You are full of them.   

I’ll tell ya what tho OSH.  Next year………. You, me, Bull and 64sur can go watch a good football team.  Hell.  You can ride with us to Franklin Co.  You aren’t gonna be busy next Friday.  Unless there is a roundball game.

From what I hear around town, you all can stay in Franklin Co and slobber all over each other.  No Corbin fan would root for Boyle County like you do. I like Justin as a coach but he doesn't give one sh#t about you(or me). From everything I've heard , the Corbin kids have had a hard time understanding why fans who call themselves Corbin fans root for their rival instead of them. I have spoken with Ronnie Bowling and the guys who call the games on radio  and they have read your comments and don't understand how people who call themselves Corbin fans could seemingly root against them and give them little chance of competing. Ask Ronnie what he thinks of your shenanigans .  And Ronnie and Barnett like Haddix. But they don't understand self-professed Redhound fans rooting for him over Tommy's team.  I dislike Tommy as much as the next guy, but I root for him to be the winner, by default, because if he's the winning coach that means my team won the game. The love for  Haddix that you guys have is really kinda creepy.
I agree OSH very strange almost what some would call a man crush I’m pretty sure Haddix lost his fair share of games at Corbin considering he was part of the 40+ year history of shortcomings
Call it what you want. That man coached a lot of Corbin kids. He also won his fair share of games. Best I have been around.
(11-18-2023, 11:51 PM)Rebs83 Wrote: It was a great game in my opinion, I think at least one person on this thread needs to seriously seek some professional help. And all the talk of... " If they play 10 times Corbin wins 8". SMH this is football not baseball or basketball where there is a best of 7 series. In the end it's just a game, if you get that tore up over it I really feel sorry for you, and hope you can get some help.
Instead of making excuses for losing the correct thing would have been to say congratulations to the team that won and to thank the boys on your team for a great season.  I have never seen a team that was undefeated until the region finals get tore apart by fans like this Corbin team did. I felt sorry for the kids on this team because it sounds like they had people in their fan base that would have never thought they were good enough no matter what they did.  I also found constantly bashing the coaches damaging because it undermined their authority and made them look less credible to their players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • HenryHankHill

Haddix is a good coach, no doubt. But he lost games at Corbin that he should have won. Should have won a couple of titles here and didn't. Maybe he was still learning at that time.  Fact is,  Bull, Viz, pj , TD Hounds, Hound 05 , and I could have coached Boyle from 2019 through the present and been working on our fourth straight title. If Corbin had been coached by someone competent the past two seasons, the Hounds would be working on their second straight title. I would be all for having Haddix back here but he is no Nick Saban just yet. I'm certainly not gonna be hugging him or anointing his feet with oil, though. I think some have been swept off their feet by his sweet country charm, which is kinda understandable when you're used to seeing a smug blow sac like Tommy Greer lie every time his mouth moves.

(11-19-2023, 04:37 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
Instead of making excuses for losing the correct thing would have been to say congratulations to the team that won and to thank the boys on your team for a great season.  I have never seen a team that was undefeated until the region finals get tore apart by fans like this Corbin team did. I felt sorry for the kids on this team because it sounds like they had people in their fan base that would have never thought they were good enough no matter what they did.  I also found constantly bashing the coaches damaging because it undermined their authority and made them look less credible to their players.

No one on here witnessed Old School saying our kids had no chance. Other Corbin supporters gave us little chance as far back as three months ago when we were told Boyle was 5 touchdowns better. Old School never bought into that and I was right. They were wrong. Corbin was every bit as good as Boyle, and in my opinion, better.  Kids played fantastic all season. GO HOUNDS!!!

Bull, you rewatched the film. Did it appear to you that Corbin played dirty football or was it just a kid or two who took a cheap shot? There are a some "chippiness" in almost every game, from BOTH sides, especially in one like this one. Was it a systemic effort of dirty ball on Corbin's part or just a rogue action or two?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Orange Blaze
Got to say OSH, you’re consistent. Doesn’t make you correct but you are consistent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Old School Hound
(11-18-2023, 02:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:28 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Viz, is Darrell Tremaine the reason a Corbin player hurdled three times or why a QB/punter runs into a punt block?  Darrell Tremaine didn't lose this game. Darrell Tremaine's home health nurse was changing his diaper as the game played out last night.
Tremaine is listed solely because he was a part of it in 2018/2019.  The heist.
Don't get me wrong. Tremaine and the others you listed almost make me wish I believed in a fiery hell, because that is where those people deserve to spend eternity. Unfortunately, their existence will end just like yours and mine, and the guys from KANSAS ... just  dust in the wind.

Spirit NEVER dies. I'm just using this body for a while, but my spirit will live on Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Patriot1
(11-19-2023, 04:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Haddix is a good coach, no doubt. But he lost games at Corbin that he should have won. Should have won a couple of titles here and didn't. Maybe he was still learning at that time.  Fact is,  Bull, Viz, pj , TD Hounds, Hound 05 , and I could have coached Boyle from 2019 through the present and been working on our fourth straight title. If Corbin had been coached by someone competent the past two seasons, the Hounds would be working on their second straight title. I would be all for having Haddix back here but he is no Nick Saban just yet. I'm certainly not gonna be hugging him or anointing his feet with oil, though. I think some have been swept off their feet by his sweet country charm, which is kinda understandable when you're used to seeing a smug blow sac like Tommy Greer lie every time his mouth moves.

No one on here witnessed Old School saying our kids had no chance. Other Corbin supporters gave us little chance as far back as three months ago when we were told Boyle was 5 touchdowns better. Old School never bought into that and I was right. They were wrong. Corbin was every bit as good as Boyle, and in my opinion, better.  Kids played fantastic all season. GO HOUNDS!!!

Bull, you rewatched the film. Did it appear to you that Corbin played dirty football or was it just a kid or two who took a cheap shot? There are a some "chippiness" in almost every game,  from BOTH sides,  especially in one like this one. Was it a systemic effort of dirty ball on Corbin's part or just a rogue action or two?

I watched the film. There is 2 incidents where it clearly shows after the play the player, his number and the player on the ground, getting stomped and the other incident is getting his helmet jerked off. Honestly the helmet video would be hard for the ref to see but you can see it plain as day on the video. The other 2 where the player was getting stomped while laying on the ground is grounds for automatic ejections. I don't understand why it wasn't seen by a ref. I don't care if it was my kid, he would need ejected immediately for that. Then he would need padding for his hind end when I got done with him. I'll be honest. If Corbin would have lost those kids to ejections, it would not have been good. Its a sad day when you see this kind of stuff in a football game. I also got sent the video of that mess in the Sayre/Raceland game. No place for any of that in the game. There needs to be accountability from the refs for not catching this kind of stuff. Sure it might be our team this time but heck I don't care what team it is, it has no place on the field of play.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear, Holy Bull, know1, Patriot1, pjdoug, Rebel55

Having a hard time understanding.   Haddix had nothing to do with Boyle winning the last 3 State Championships and working on a fourth but if he was at Corbin they would have won the last two?  I'm confused in Titletown.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz
(11-18-2023, 02:15 PM)REDPUPPY Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 10:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 10:20 AM)REDPUPPY Wrote: Rumor is the corbin faithful was done out of the stadium and out of danville before the contest even ended  Woah

Buddy, I was on that field after the game and that entire side was jam packed with Corbin and the coaches sharing a special moment with the players. Corbin had alot of fans there last night and most stayed and was on the field after the game.
buddy, i have videos of gobs of fans leaving with almost 2 mins on the clock be glad to send

I know how your clock ticks, and know that you have multiple personalities.

Bull, you rewatched the film. Did it appear to you that Corbin played dirty football or was it just a kid or two who took a cheap shot? There are a some "chippiness" in almost every game,  from BOTH sides,  especially in one like this one. Was it a systemic effort of dirty ball on Corbin's part or just a rogue action or two?
Sorry old school I got to disagree with you there, Boyle got our coach and everything that comes with him…Fact is Me, you, or no one else you listed could have pulled Quisenberry from Garrad to Boyle…Kids want to play for him and Boyle couldn’t have made a better hire imo and if they would have I’m not sure they’d have found anyone who would have had the success he’s had…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-18-2023, 02:38 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Corbin's offense, while clearly better than Boyle's, just couldn't convert when it mattered most. If someone had said  before the game that Boyle would score three times, I would have already been looking forward to mowing down Franklin County next week.
Do you know how the game works Boyle scored more then Corbin so how were they better I think someone needs to learn the game

than.
(11-18-2023, 03:37 PM)Old skoo bear Wrote: Bottom line. Boyle won while playing their B- game offensively. If they play 9 more times Boyle County O would be much more dynamic.

THE BETTER TEAM WON

Defense was the cause of a lower scoring game.
(11-19-2023, 06:15 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 03:37 PM)Old skoo bear Wrote: Bottom line. Boyle won while playing their B- game offensively. If they play 9 more times Boyle County O would be much more dynamic.

THE BETTER TEAM WON

Defense was the cause of a lower scoring game.
I am a defense guy. I saw some good defense from both teams. Nice game from that point of view with the tuff offenses that was on the field.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
Shout out to BCPC he’s the smartest guy on here
There is no ‘Alcoa treatment’ in Boyle Co. Most games Boyle is penalized considerably more than their opponent. Maybe the refs ‘didn’t see it’ because they didn’t want to see it. There were several questionable incidents like this in the game that should have at minimum been unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and were ignored
(11-19-2023, 06:35 PM)Tyler22 Wrote: Shout out to BCPC he’s the smartest guy on here

No he ain't and you ain't Smile
(11-19-2023, 06:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I watched the film. There is 2 incidents where it clearly shows after the play the player, his number and the player on the ground, getting stomped and the other incident is getting his helmet jerked off. Honestly the helmet video would be hard for the ref to see but you can see it plain as day on the video. The other 2 where the player was getting stomped while laying on the ground is grounds for automatic ejections. I don't understand why it wasn't seen by a ref. I don't care if it was my kid, he would need ejected immediately for that. Then he would need padding for his hind end when I got done with him. I'll be honest. If Corbin would have lost those kids to ejections, it would not have been good. Its a sad day when you see this kind of stuff in a football game. I also got sent the video of that mess in the Sayre/Raceland game. No place for any of that in the game. There needs to be accountability from the refs for not catching this kind of stuff. Sure it might be our team this time but heck I don't care what team it is, it has no place on the field of play.
Did each incident involving the same offending kid or kids?

Not disagreeing with anything you said , but I can tell you his , there are two kids who were not gonna be ejected from that game no matter what, regardless of the circumstances.
OK fine cat daddy the best
(11-19-2023, 06:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 06:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:55 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: From what I hear around town, you all can stay in Franklin Co and slobber all over each other.  No Corbin fan would root for Boyle County like you do. I like Justin as a coach but he doesn't give one sh#t about you(or me). From everything I've heard , the Corbin kids have had a hard time understanding why fans who call themselves Corbin fans root for their rival instead of them. I have spoken with Ronnie Bowling and the guys who call the games on radio  and they have read your comments and don't understand how people who call themselves Corbin fans could seemingly root against them and give them little chance of competing. Ask Ronnie what he thinks of your shenanigans .  And Ronnie and Barnett like Haddix. But they don't understand self-professed Redhound fans rooting for him over Tommy's team.  I dislike Tommy as much as the next guy, but I root for him to be the winner, by default, because if he's the winning coach that means my team won the game. The love for  Haddix that you guys have is really kinda creepy.

Did each incident involving the same offending kid or kids?

Not disagreeing with anything you said , but I can tell you his , there are two kids who were not gonna be ejected from that game no matter what, regardless of the circumstances.

It was not the same kid.
The video that I saw clearly showed the number of the player that deliberately stomped another player that had been tackled to the ground.

Not a good look!

And it happens....in a lot of games, BUT that's no excuse. Any player on any team doing those kinds of shenanigans, should be ejected.
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, Patriot1, Rebel55
Good luck rebels!! Great game, evenly matched, but Haddix play calling compared to Greer made the difference.
0 and 74 both stomped kids.
So have the twins moved from Corbin yet, now that their work there is done? And are they wishing they had moved to Danville or Somerset instead?
(11-19-2023, 06:55 PM)Tyler22 Wrote: OK fine cat daddy the best

I'm coolest of the cool. happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you and  all others if something happens that I don't get back on here. I love all you fellow Kentuckians even when you get your hind ends smoked Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-19-2023, 07:02 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: The video that I saw clearly showed the number of the player that deliberately stomped another player that had been tackled to the ground.

Not a good look!

And it happens....in a lot of games, BUT that's no excuse.  Any player on any team doing those kinds of shenanigans, should be ejected.

I fully agree. You wouldn't know it by on here, but I won a sportsmanship award. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
(11-19-2023, 07:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: So have the twins moved from Corbin yet, now that their work there is done? And are they wishing they had moved to Danville or Somerset instead?

Maybe they'll play for Pikeville in the championship game Big Grin
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next