Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
25.93%
Somerset
74.07%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley at Somerset 11/17 3RD ROUND
I'm gonna call this the Jeremy Bartley Attorney Bowl. Jeremy is a proud Alum of Shelby Valley who now lives in Somerset. Jeremy's Son Jacob is a freshman at Somerset and has been playing a big role for the jumpers. Ill take Somerset 28-21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(11-13-2023, 09:32 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Kinda funny that if they win, somerset will make it farther in the playoffs than Corbin will lol

I guess it will be hilarious if Corbin wins and they don't make it farther Smile
I think Somerset has the better team and wins by 2-3 scores. Valley looks good running up the score on weaker teams but when they meet resistance, they often fail hard. Valley has some nice playmakers but not enough.
Gotta love the double standard from alot of folks on here.  Shelby Valley puts a running clock on an opponent, and it's called "running up the score" and "not classy".  Other teams do the same thing, and not a word is said.

I could remind everyone that Somerset won last week by 57 points, which is higher than the margin of any SV win this season.  Or I could point out any number of other blowouts across the state.  But that wouldn't fit the narrative of posters on here with an axe to grind against Shelby Valley.

Somerset has a good team, and should be favored to win this game.  But it won't be because Shelby Valley simply rolled over a schedule of cream puffs this year.  The nondistrict schedules of these two teams were fairly comparable, and any difference in district competition is out of the teams' control.

Anyway, here's hoping for an injury-free game this Friday.  May the best team win (and I hope that team is Valley).
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 2 users Like More Cowbell's post:
  • The 99, TheStickyBandit
Somerset 35-28.
I like both these teams. Good luck and should be a fun matchup!!
(11-16-2023, 03:45 PM)More Cowbell Wrote: Gotta love the double standard from alot of folks on here.  Shelby Valley puts a running clock on an opponent, and it's called "running up the score" and "not classy".  Other teams do the same thing, and not a word is said.

I could remind everyone that Somerset won last week by 57 points, which is higher than the margin of any SV win this season.  Or I could point out any number of other blowouts across the state.  But that wouldn't fit the narrative of posters on here with an axe to grind against Shelby Valley.

Somerset has a good team, and should be favored to win this game.  But it won't be because Shelby Valley simply rolled over a schedule of cream puffs this year.  The nondistrict schedules of these two teams were fairly comparable, and any difference in district competition is out of the teams' control.

Anyway, here's hoping for an injury-free game this Friday.  May the best team win (and I hope that team is Valley).
I sincerely doubt Somerset or any other team was onside kicking up 40, faking XPs up 50 or any of the other nonsense Shelby Valley has done over the past few years. Their reputation is well earned as far as running up scores. Sometimes you can’t help but win by 50, but they’ve done things to push scores up that are honestly ridiculous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cats3x's post:
  • Belichick
I have no clue about this particular situation & not directing this at any posters here........ but food for thought:

Sometimes coaches work on trick plays and such when up big. It makes more sense than doing it in a tight ball game. Opponents and fans in general take it personal. The more you run those plays in live action it helps the players with execution in the future. On the other hand, its on film for the opposition to study. It's not always about "running up the score". The world of mercy rules we live in today has made some over sensitive but I'm not without understanding at times.
(11-15-2023, 10:52 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: I'm gonna call this the Jeremy Bartley Attorney Bowl. Jeremy is a proud Alum of Shelby Valley who now lives in Somerset. Jeremy's Son Jacob is a freshman at Somerset and has been playing a big role for the jumpers. Ill take Somerset 28-21
Jacob is actually a sophomore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • ROCKSOLID69
(11-17-2023, 01:28 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-15-2023, 10:52 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: I'm gonna call this the Jeremy Bartley Attorney Bowl. Jeremy is a proud Alum of Shelby Valley who now lives in Somerset. Jeremy's Son Jacob is a freshman at Somerset and has been playing a big role for the jumpers. Ill take Somerset 28-21
Jacob is actually a sophomore.
Dang that makes me feel older
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(11-16-2023, 03:45 PM)More Cowbell Wrote: Gotta love the double standard from alot of folks on here.  Shelby Valley puts a running clock on an opponent, and it's called "running up the score" and "not classy".  Other teams do the same thing, and not a word is said.

The double standard comes in to effect when you are kicking onside kicks with a running clock, airing the ball out with a running clock, etc. They could learn a bit in class from a team that is about 15 minutes down the road wearing maroon... 

With that being said I still think Valley gets a win this week in a shootout!
(11-17-2023, 12:09 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:

The double standard comes in to effect when you are kicking onside kicks with a running clock, airing the ball out with a running clock, etc. They could learn a bit in class from a team that is about 15 minutes down the road wearing maroon... 

With that being said I still think Valley gets a win this week in a shootout!
With that being said…. SHELBY VALLEY GOT BODY SLAMMED