Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draw or seed?
In the 53rd they are still voting on the draw. Jenkins, JBS, and Cordia voted to draw. I guess some people want things handed to them and not earn it. What do you think?
Seeding is the only way to go. Your district games during the season are more meaningful, and generate more interest, and makes more money for each school's programs. Ask anyone from the 56th.
You would not vote to seed if you are at a school that has 190 students in high school and half of them are Male. How fair is it that you have to compete against schools that have 900 students? When the old 53rd district was in place, both the boys and girls seeded. Even though the "draw" is in place, the best team should still win the district.
that's why they have the All A. For schools that are small. I agree that the best team should win district but it could be that the best two teams would not make it to regionals.
this is a first I agree with benchwarmer it should be seeded because luck of the draw should be left to poker not who playes in the regionals all things should be earned not given do you agree benchwarmer
basketball IQ Wrote:this is a first I agree with benchwarmer it should be seeded because luck of the draw should be left to poker not who playes in the regionals all things should be earned not given do you agree benchwarmer

:eek: We agreed on something.:rockon:
Beefhide Wrote:You would not vote to seed if you are at a school that has 190 students in high school and half of them are Male. How fair is it that you have to compete against schools that have 900 students? When the old 53rd district was in place, both the boys and girls seeded. Even though the "draw" is in place, the best team should still win the district.
The 56th seeds.

Powell has about 750 students.
Estill has around 720
Lee has about 350
Owsley has 240

Seeding has worked out fine since it started 25 years ago, regardless of school size. No ONE school has dominated in boys, although Owsley's girls (the smallest school in the district) did win 10 district titles between 1980 and 1992, according to the banners on their gym wall. Owsley's boys have won 9 titles since 1982. Again, this is the smallest school in the district.
Wolfe, about the same size as Lee, was in the district until 2 years ago, when they were replaced by Estill.
Seeding is the only way to go. This is what makes the games during the year so meaningful. Why should it be luck of the draw? Just not the way it should be. If you cant compete then take your lumps and get better.
seeding is the only way to go.
1 Vote for seeding!!! LOL
Beefhide Wrote:You would not vote to seed if you are at a school that has 190 students in high school and half of them are Male. How fair is it that you have to compete against schools that have 900 students? When the old 53rd district was in place, both the boys and girls seeded. Even though the "draw" is in place, the best team should still win the district.

I would still say to seed the district. What if it is a 5 team district and the two best teams where put in the 2 and 3 spot against each other by a draw, when it would have been 1 and 2 spots with both being able to go to the regionals...
I agree with the seeding as well.....makes everyone work harder during the regular season.
either way letcher is always gonna rule this district dicky adams is to good of a coach he works with his grade schools to much to let knott ever take control of the district. Knott might luck up and beat letcher every 4 or 5 years but thats gonna be it . And if Jenkins Cordia and Jbs want to vote to draw thats fine with us ......... we dont hold no grudge because the best team still wins. If you ask me Benchwarmer it sounds like you are wanting it handed to you. Every school deserves to get a chance to go to the region and get a peice of that draw. That money can help schools like jenkins do stuff for their girls teams and so for cordia, they might not have the funds to work with like a LCC or KCC.
Cougarfan25 Wrote:either way letcher is always gonna rule this district dicky adams is to good of a coach he works with his grade schools to much to let knott ever take control of the district. Knott might luck up and beat letcher every 4 or 5 years but thats gonna be it . And if Jenkins Cordia and Jbs want to vote to draw thats fine with us ......... we dont hold no grudge because the best team still wins. If you ask me Benchwarmer it sounds like you are wanting it handed to you. Every school deserves to get a chance to go to the region and get a peice of that draw. That money can help schools like jenkins do stuff for their girls teams and so for cordia, they might not have the funds to work with like a LCC or KCC.

Keep telling yourself that. Letcher is not going to rule the disrict. Yes, they have won the district the past two years, but look at what they have had. First yea of cosolidation they had Knott Central's 3 year starter Heather Martin. They were loaded. Last year Knott Central was rebuilding, Letcher still had the better of their players left. This year is a different story though. KCC is back at the top while Letcher is rebuilding. Knott beat LCC by 16 last week. KCC is ready to take a stand and quit being pushed around. As for seeding if the coaches were smart they would want to seed. Cougarfan25 you might want to watch what you say, you could just stick your foot in your mouth!
:lmao:
Cougarfan25 Wrote:either way letcher is always gonna rule this district dicky adams is to good of a coach he works with his grade schools to much to let knott ever take control of the district. Knott might luck up and beat letcher every 4 or 5 years but thats gonna be it . And if Jenkins Cordia and Jbs want to vote to draw thats fine with us ......... we dont hold no grudge because the best team still wins. If you ask me Benchwarmer it sounds like you are wanting it handed to you. Every school deserves to get a chance to go to the region and get a peice of that draw. That money can help schools like jenkins do stuff for their girls teams and so for cordia, they might not have the funds to work with like a LCC or KCC.

OK? Way to start the season off strong 1-3. Keep working hard and you will get better so you might compete for the district title.
To Seed Is The Only Fair Way To Go.
If there was only 2 other schools in my distrcit besides my own. I would vote to draw also. But, ith 4 or more schools the only fair way is to seed.
Benchwarmer Wrote:In the 53rd they are still voting on the draw. Jenkins, JBS, and Cordia voted to draw. I guess some people want things handed to them and not earn it. What do you think?
Seeding or by the luck of the draw either one, you still have to win to move on. You might just have to play a different team than you plan on playing.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Think about this district then.... Lexington Catholic, Lexington Christian, Paul Dunbar, Lafayette, and Tates Creek.....
Benchwarmer Wrote::lmao:

OK? Way to start the season off strong 1-3. Keep working hard and you will get better so you might compete for the district title.

0-2 in district title games........ keep talking that trash...... we lost 4 starters from our state tourney team came back the next year and still beat you .
Cougarfan25 Wrote:0-2 in district title games........ keep talking that trash...... we lost 4 starters from our state tourney team came back the next year and still beat you .
What smack. Work harder and you will get better.

If you are so high on the luck of the draw then ask your coach why he votes to seed every year. So you must be saying that D. Adams wants it handed to him.
well i guess what ever suits them has to suit us right
I HAVE BEEN GOING OVER SOME OF THE REPLYS AND POST, AND I CANT BELEAVE THAT SOME OF THE STUFF THAT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT THE THING THAT HAPPENED AT THE OWSLEY AND LEE CO BALL GAME. SOMEONE BROUGH UP THE NIGHT THAT THING GOT OUT OF HAND OUT OWSLEY CO. WHEN THE 8th GRADE OWSLEY GIRL TOOK ON POWELL CO. I WOULD AGREE WITH THAT SOME ONE THAT THING GOT OUT OF HAND. HOWEVER I WAS THEIR AND SAY EVERYTHING THAT WENT ON A CERTAIN LADY FROM POWELL CO WEARING A LAVENDER COLOR SHIRT FROM POWELL CO STARTED THROWING RACITAL SLURS AT CERTAIN OWSLEY CO PLAYERS I WAS THEIR AND I SAW AND HEARD EVERY THING. SO FOLK DONT NEED TO COMMENT ON WHAT GOES ON IN OWSLEY CO. GYM IF THEY ARE NOT THERE. I ALSO KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DRAW OR SEED. HOWEVER I FELT THE NEED TO REPLY THANK YOU
whistlegirl35 Wrote:I HAVE BEEN GOING OVER SOME OF THE REPLYS AND POST, AND I CANT BELEAVE THAT SOME OF THE STUFF THAT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT THE THING THAT HAPPENED AT THE OWSLEY AND LEE CO BALL GAME. SOMEONE BROUGH UP THE NIGHT THAT THING GOT OUT OF HAND OUT OWSLEY CO. WHEN THE 8th GRADE OWSLEY GIRL TOOK ON POWELL CO. I WOULD AGREE WITH THAT SOME ONE THAT THING GOT OUT OF HAND. HOWEVER I WAS THEIR AND SAY EVERYTHING THAT WENT ON A CERTAIN LADY FROM POWELL CO WEARING A LAVENDER COLOR SHIRT FROM POWELL CO STARTED THROWING RACITAL SLURS AT CERTAIN OWSLEY CO PLAYERS I WAS THEIR AND I SAW AND HEARD EVERY THING. SO FOLK DONT NEED TO COMMENT ON WHAT GOES ON IN OWSLEY CO. GYM IF THEY ARE NOT THERE. I ALSO KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DRAW OR SEED. HOWEVER I FELT THE NEED TO REPLY THANK YOU

OK :confused:
Seed is the only fair way
Benchwarmer Wrote:What smack. Work harder and you will get better.

If you are so high on the luck of the draw then ask your coach why he votes to seed every year. So you must be saying that D. Adams wants it handed to him.

we do work hard that is why year in and year out we dominate knott county
Cougarfan25 Wrote:we do work hard that is why year in and year out we dominate knott county

You have only played them for 2 years. Grow up get a life. Better yet come back to Earth. I think someone has their head still in the clouds from the 14th region title 2 years ago and I must say a key contributer to that team was from Knott County played ball there for 3 years. Its a shame they have to get KCC best girl to play for them just to win!
dont fight now i think letcher has had the better teams the last 2 years
should be some really good games this year
Cougarfan25 Wrote:we do work hard that is why year in and year out we dominate knott county

So you have been a school for two years. Is this a year "in" or "out". Good way of being dominate with 21 team points on December 1st. Jenkins scored 25. I'm asking you to not get me started. Good luck in the future.