Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
88.00%
Kentucky Country Day
12.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at Kentucky Country Day 11/24 4th Round Playoffs
Raceland wins. I think KCD may connect on a few passes and their QB might make a few plays with his legs but this isn’t competitive unless Rams lay an egg. 42-14
I think a difference between these teams will be expectations as well. Raceland is expecting to make it back to Kroger while KCD likely wants to get there. That subtle difference can have a huge effect on how each team approaches the game. The same can be said about Pikeville and Raceland if they both make the finals.
(11-19-2023, 12:01 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 11:59 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Rams big on to Kroger
Idk about you Pat but I believe Raceland and Pikeville should be playing at home enjoying a great after thanksgiving workout before the game. The RPI sucks

Well, you can keep RPcry-ing about it all you want, and I sure hate to bring a rational thought to discourage your right to do so.... but, in your preferred scenario only one of them would be at home enjoying that great after thanksgiving workout because they'd be playing each other this week. Also, it would be completely random on which team got home field - void of a teams' skills or resume. Then you'd be crying that the championship game is being played this week like they are in the 3A threads. Then you'd be crying about Raceland is at home while a weaker team from the west is playing at Kroger and those kids deserved to play on UK's field.

Were you sitting in the Sayre section Friday night? Hahaha, just kidding.

The frustration with some of the fans and the RPI is truly warranted, and there needs to be some adjustments especially for SOS and out-of-state opponents. It has been a benefit to some and a hinderance to others. All formats have had pros and cons. Look at it this way. You know the KHSAA is trying to get the best matchups in the finals if only for the reason it will make them more money. Personally, I feel this is why they have so many changes. They're always looking at the numbers and chasing the dollar, more so than worrying about consistency. Basketball and football are their cash cows and its obvious by some of their moves.

No, I don't represent the KHSAA in any manner nor do I agree with many of their policies and procedures. Not to mention all the double standards. If I did, just for you, I'd propose a new format that allowed Raceland to schedule whoever they like in the season. Then, let their fans choose who they felt were the weakest teams for the playoffs all while playing at home. Even the title game.
Wrong
(11-21-2023, 01:28 AM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 12:01 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 11:59 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Rams big on to Kroger
Idk about you Pat but I believe Raceland and Pikeville should be playing at home enjoying a great after thanksgiving workout before the game. The RPI sucks

Well, you can keep RPcry-ing about it all you want, and I sure hate to bring a rational thought to discourage your right to do so.... but, in your preferred scenario only one of them would be at home enjoying that great after thanksgiving workout because they'd be playing each other this week. Also, it would be completely random on which team got home field - void of a teams' skills or resume. Then you'd be crying that the championship game is being played this week like they are in the 3A threads. Then you'd be crying about Raceland is at home while a weaker team from the west is playing at Kroger and those kids deserved to play on UK's field.

Were you sitting in the Sayre section Friday night? Hahaha, just kidding.

The frustration with some of the fans and the RPI is truly warranted, and there needs to be some adjustments especially for SOS and out-of-state opponents. It has been a benefit to some and a hinderance to others. All formats have had pros and cons. Look at it this way. You know the KHSAA is trying to get the best matchups in the finals if only for the reason it will make them more money. Personally, I feel this is why they have so many changes. They're always looking at the numbers and chasing the dollar, more so than worrying about consistency. Basketball and football are their cash cows and its obvious by some of their moves.

No, I don't represent the KHSAA in any manner nor do I agree with many of their policies and procedures. Not to mention all the double standards. If I did, just for you, I'd propose a new format that allowed Raceland to schedule whoever they like in the season. Then, let their fans choose who they felt were the weakest teams for the playoffs all while playing at home. Even the title game.
In 1A it looks like RPI did its job and the best teams are in the Semis and is set up for Raceland/Pikeville in the finals if they both win Friday.  As for home field, at this stage I’m not going to complain because with the old system you had to travel every other year anyway (granted this wouldn’t have been Raceland’s year to travel).  The system is far from perfect but like it or not it worked out for the 2 best teams in 1A to have a chance to play each other in the finals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Belichick
I disagree. After some Raceland fans whined all year about RPI, they got the best draw of the final 4 teams left despite having the lowest RPI. I would much rather play KCD than Campbellsville
^This

I don't think KCD measures up in this matchup, 6-0 turnover ratio against Ludlow and couldn't put them away until the 4Q. Ludlow is a quality team and hard-nosed but not near as physical or talented as Raceland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Willie Nelson
(11-21-2023, 06:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I disagree. After some Raceland fans whined all year about RPI, they got the best draw of the final 4 teams left despite having the lowest RPI. I would much rather play KCD than Campbellsville
I see your point and you have a valid argument.  All I was saying was RPI worked out to where the right teams made the semi’s. Now how those teams were drawn is a whole other matter and as I said the system is far from perfect.

Also to be fair Raceland did beat Pikeville head to head and if you don’t consider RPI I think it was a fair draw based off of that factor.
  • Glory_Days
(11-21-2023, 06:57 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 06:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I disagree. After some Raceland fans whined all year about RPI, they got the best draw of the final 4 teams left despite having the lowest RPI. I would much rather play KCD than Campbellsville
I see your point and you have a valid argument.  All I was saying was RPI worked out to where the right teams made the semi’s. Now how those teams were drawn is a whole other matter and as I said the system is far from perfect.

Also to be fair Raceland did beat Pikeville head to head and if you don’t consider RPI I think it was a fair draw based off of that factor.
The RPI is a problem and will get worse as teams figure out how to manipulate it. Pikeville played 8 games this year and lost to Raceland and yet the Rams are below them in the RPI. No im not complaining about Pikeville I’m just using it as an example. When you don’t have to play 10 games and still come out ahead in a RPI system where teams played 10 games there’s an issue. Like RAD said twice this season when Raceland was playing district games….Raceland would’ve benefited if Nicholas county and Fairview would’ve forfeited. What kind of system is that ?? It’s trash and it needs to go away. There isn’t enough quality teams in the state to have a RPI system.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(11-21-2023, 07:58 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 06:57 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:

The RPI is a problem and will get worse as teams figure out how to manipulate it. Pikeville played 8 games this year and lost to Raceland and yet the Rams are below them in the RPI. No im not complaining about Pikeville I’m just using it as an example. When you don’t have to play 10 games and still come out ahead in a RPI system where teams played 10 games there’s an issue. Like RAD said twice this season when Raceland was playing district games….Raceland would’ve benefited if Nicholas county and Fairview would’ve forfeited. What kind of system is that ?? It’s trash and it needs to go away. There isn’t enough quality teams in the state to have a RPI system.
Honestly I liked the old cross bracket system.  The only real change that should have been made in that system would have been using a rating system for home field on the semis rather than arbitrarily changing home field between regions each year.  The only issue with that in 1A was it would have put Raceland and Pikeville in the semis every year if they made it that far.
  • Willie Nelson
Yep, pick your poison.

Again, it's all about $$ for KHSAA. Blind draw in several sports for the state bracket. They don't care when the best teams in softball or baseball meet in the first round. So why even have RPI in those sports. I'm really amazed they've kept blind draw for basketball. Then there's sports like volleyball and soccer where they play 1vs.2, 3vs.4, etc.... by region because of travel??? LOL, the student athlete, fans, and the schools falls well below money on the priority list. In football, X, T, and Male all in different districts. It's very obvious.
(11-21-2023, 08:39 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: Yep, pick your poison.

Again, it's all about $$ for KHSAA. Blind draw in several sports for the state bracket. They don't care when the best teams in softball or baseball meet in the first round. So why even have RPI in those sports. I'm really amazed they've kept blind draw for basketball. Then there's sports like volleyball and soccer where they play 1vs.2, 3vs.4, etc.... by region because of travel??? LOL, the student athlete, fans, and the schools falls well below money on the priority list. In football, X, T, and Male all in different districts. It's very obvious.
Out of all of the KHSAA sports the most fair post season comes from track & field and cross country.  There are only 3 classes and you have a region meet with a standardized system that is merit based to advance to the state championship irrespective of the schools competing. Ironically those are also the lowest profit producing sports as well.
  • Glory_Days
(11-20-2023, 06:37 PM)Belichick Wrote: Raceland wins. I think KCD may connect on a few passes and their QB might make a few plays with his legs but this isn’t competitive unless Rams lay an egg. 42-14
Main thing I see right now is the Rams defensive backs can not allow the receivers behind them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Willie Nelson's post:
  • Belichick
(11-22-2023, 12:46 PM)Willie Nelson Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 06:37 PM)Belichick Wrote: Raceland wins. I think KCD may connect on a few passes and their QB might make a few plays with his legs but this isn’t competitive unless Rams lay an egg. 42-14
Main thing I see right now is the Rams defensive backs can not allow the receivers behind them.
Exactly. That’s their weakest unit is their defensive backs and they like to bring their LBs downhill so much it sometimes leaves those guys hanging. I think their front 7 is very good. I don’t think their DBs are bad by any means but that would be their weakest spot on defense. Won’t matter this game.
(11-22-2023, 03:34 PM)Belichick Wrote:
Exactly. That’s their weakest unit is their defensive backs and they like to bring their LBs downhill so much it sometimes leaves those guys hanging. I think their front 7 is very good. I don’t think their DBs are bad by any means but that would be their weakest spot on defense. Won’t matter this game.
Our defensive scheme seems to be build on putting pressure up front and leaving the secondary on an island.  For the most part this has worked out well as it has caused opposing QB’s to make mistakes and throw interceptions.

My concern with this approach is if we get to play Pikeville again their receivers are good enough to beat us deep and we got lucky with overthrown passes the past time we played.  But we also have to sell out to stop the run because of Pikeville’s running game.  Our best defense in that game and last week as well actually came from our offense eating the clock and keeping the opposing offense off of the field.
[-] The following 2 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • Belichick, Willie Nelson
(11-22-2023, 03:34 PM)Belichick Wrote:
I think they will be fine just have to keep that in mind.
Any word on the KCD starting RB? He's been out the entire playoffs (i believe someone has also mentioned). Last game of the season shows he had 10 rush attempts compared to this normal 20-27 attempts. There were also 15 attempts by other non-QB players in that game against Henry Co, so it appears he may have left early.

If he's not available that's a pretty big hit for KCD. He's a dynamic back averaging 6.47 yds / attempt with 11 TDs. I sure hate it for the kid being a senior, hoping he's well.

KCD's defense is better than Sayre but I also think they'll have trouble scoring even though they are more balanced than Sayre. I think Raceland gets the victory by nearly the same margin as last week (minus the pick 6). So, give me the Rams by 17-21 points.
I think this game will be fought tooth and nail and the teams will throw everything but the kitchen sink at each other seeing as how the runner up trophy is on the line

Just kidding LOL that one was for you RD50!!!!
Happy thanksgiving to Raceland fans, much respect.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Orange Blaze, Slic Ric
Raceland and pikeville will win and play one another for the 1A state championship. At Kroger field in Lexington on Dec. 1st at 12 noon. Except this time Pikeville will have a healthy Anthony( RB/LB
on the field and believe me he is a game changer. That why I have Pikeville winning the state championship

Pikeville- 34
Raceland-21
(11-23-2023, 02:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I think this game will be fought tooth and nail and the teams will throw everything but the kitchen sink at each other seeing as how the runner up trophy is on the line

Just kidding LOL that one was for you RD50!!!!
Happy thanksgiving to Raceland fans, much respect.
I agree Jet…this will be a tough game for the Rams. Hopefully we will see you guys next week. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to all in  Pikeville
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1
Happy thanksgiving you bunch of ingrates!! Gotta say I truly am thankful for the stupidity and football talk on here lol

Question…what is seating like at KCD? Parking? Last week was garbage at Sayre. Trying to plan.
(11-23-2023, 12:14 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Happy thanksgiving you bunch of ingrates!! Gotta say I truly am thankful for the stupidity and football talk on here lol

Question…what is seating like at KCD? Parking? Last week was garbage at Sayre. Trying to plan.
I think Sayre was the worst place I’ve ever been to watch a game. I’m not saying their facilities were bad cause they wasn’t. Nice concession stand and the over all set up around the field was nice. Hell the playing surface was nice. But the actual viewing was awful. No stands with an elevated field and a net in the end zones for soccer. I’m sure they will have a great place in the near future but damn it’s rough now. I’m hoping tomorrow is better.
(11-23-2023, 12:14 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Happy thanksgiving you bunch of ingrates!! Gotta say I truly am thankful for the stupidity and football talk on here lol

Go to Louisville and check in to the biggest hotel there and order room service and watch the game on whatever channel or link they have it on and watch the Pikeville and Campbellsville game on mountain top sports also just kidding Scotty
Live Stream game link for Friday's game:

https://www.glicod.com/video-stream-1/
[-] The following 5 users Like Slic Ric's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot, Orange Blaze, Patriot1, Willie Nelson
Raceland wins it.
LOL, "tough game for the Rams" but same guys calling out KCD for being paper tigers and RPI manipulators. Love how you guys are always hedging your bets.

I still say Raceland wins comfortably
Rams demolish the KCD Fighting RPIs
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(11-24-2023, 07:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Rams demolish the KCD Fighting RPIs
I think Raceland and Pikeville both will win by comfortable margins tonight to prove that they were head over heels the best teams in 1A.
Raceland 14 KCD 0 10:18 2nd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Raceland 21 KCD 0 7:09 2nd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]