Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 17 Kentucky 14
Yet another "L ."  This time to an awful South Carolina team.

Leary  14-29  ,  151 yards  ,  TD  , 2 INT, 1 Fumble.   Dreadful.

Stoops, please refuse the bid you'll get to Jiffy Lube Bowl. 

What a disaster!
I totally agree with you. I hate 6-6 teams in bowl games. And that’s what we will be after next week’s ass whipping I’m afraid Little Brother is gonna lay on us. This season could have, should have, been so much better. And now the Bengals season is trashed. For the first time I’m years, I’m actually more excited for UK basketball than for what’s going on on the area football fields.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-19-2023, 02:35 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I totally agree with you. I hate 6-6 teams in bowl games. And that’s what we will be after next week’s ass whipping I’m afraid Little Brother is gonna lay on us. This season could have, should have, been so much better. And now the Bengals season is trashed. For the first time I’m years, I’m actually more excited for UK basketball than for what’s going on on the area football fields.

I'm thankful someone else on here wants to talk  UK football and basketball . I don't understand why there isn't more interest, especially UK basketball. This team has really nice potential. We looked every bit as good as #1 for all but the last four minutes of the game. If we had a big who could have contained Dickinson a bit we would have won with little sweat.

Also, I'm so disappointed the Bengals' season has turned like it has. I was hoping for a 12 or 13 win regular season and a #1 seed. Now it looks like no playoffs at all. Sucks!
Same old story the past few years with this team. Seems as the season progresses they get worse. The preseason hype is always there and by the end of the season we are limping into bowl season. Being Bowl Eligible was the goal in the past, now they should be focused on becoming a consistent 10 win team year in and year out. Sadly it isn't the case. Not like we don't have the players to do it either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • Old School Hound
(11-19-2023, 02:35 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I totally agree with you. I hate 6-6 teams in bowl games. And that’s what we will be after next week’s ass whipping I’m afraid Little Brother is gonna lay on us. This season could have, should have, been so much better. And now the Bengals season is trashed. For the first time I’m years, I’m actually more excited for UK basketball than for what’s going on on the area football fields.

6-6 teams in bowl games seemed much worse before conference expansion. With even deeper conferences now, I can understand it, even if it isn't popular. I'd rather see Kentucky get into a bowl as a 6-6 squad that played a tough SEC schedule and didn't have to drop their rivalry game with Louisville than see the same 6-6 Kentucky team sitting at home while the gap between them and other SEC teams that they've worked so hard to close only widens.

It's tough to expect any team to come off of a five game stretch @Georgia, vs. Missouri, vs. Tennessee, @Mississippi State, and vs. Alabama this late in the season to not be a little beaten up. It's even tougher to expect UK to do this but not be susceptible to a road loss to someone like a South Carolina.

The Gamecocks may only have five wins, but their worst loss is either at Texas A&M or to Florida at home by 2. Past that, it's a loss to North Carolina at a neutral site, at Georgia, at Tennessee, and at Missouri. None are terrible losses and they were also coming off two games against Vanderbilt and Jacksonville State. Looking at it like that, it's still a tough loss to swallow, but doesn't sting quite as much.

Agree 100% that this season could have been better though. They were in a position to put Missouri away early but failed and I think that they're a better team than South Carolina. Would have loved to have seen both of these go the other way or to have seen an upset of Tennessee, but those are the breaks.

Going forward, Kentucky is going to be stuck hoping for an "up" year that coincides with not drawing two teams that could end up being national champions or three teams in the top 15. Catching a favorable schedule in 2021 and getting a down LSU at home along with Florida, Tennessee, and Missouri is probably about as close to perfect as you could draw it up. Beat Tennessee at home and Mississippi State on the road and at least then, the road loss to #1 Georgia doesn't leave you exposed in the SEC title game and you have a puncher's chance of backing into an expanded playoff as a one-loss SEC team.