Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
An Open Letter to Corbin Redhound Players, Coaches & Fans
Clay Clevenger fits the bill to a T for the Redhounds…..but like Haddix he has a great upside for moving up……so it would have to be a sweet deal
[-] The following 2 users Like HenryHankHill's post:
  • Deuce8, Old School Hound
I haven’t said anything since the Boyle game. And as much as I hate to say it. Greer actually had a good defensive game plan. Overall the game plan was pretty dang good. Almost to the point I’d about say Corbin out coached haddix. Which I never thought I’d say. Maybe every blind squirrel will find a nut because it’s not been that way in the past. Actually the total opposite. But with all the talent that boyle has. Corbin was right with them the whole game. A penalty cost them the tie. Which was questionable. And Boyle might have won anyways. But give them the chance instead of throwing that specific flag. But as much as I can’t stand Tommy from the past 5 years of head scratching dumbass moves. They actually had a good plan to me for the last game
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • TD Hounds
(11-25-2023, 08:34 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Clay Clevenger fits the bill to a T for the Redhounds…..but like Haddix he has a great upside for moving up……so it would have to be a sweet deal
Why in the world would he jump into that dumpster fire…… wishful thinking!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • HenryHankHill
(11-25-2023, 08:34 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Clay Clevenger fits the bill to a T for the Redhounds…..but like Haddix he has a great upside for moving up……so it would have to be a sweet deal
If they don't, at least, inquire to see if Clevinger has some interest, they are either stupid, not interested in bettering the program, or dead set on sticking with politically corrupt Good Ol' Boy modus operandi (or , most likely, all three) .

(11-25-2023, 10:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I haven’t said anything since the Boyle game. And as much as I hate to say it. Greer actually had a good defensive game plan. Overall the game plan was pretty dang good. Almost to the point I’d about say Corbin out coached haddix. Which I never thought I’d say. Maybe every blind squirrel will find a nut because it’s not been that way in the past. Actually the total opposite. But with all the talent that boyle has. Corbin was right with them the whole game. A penalty cost them the tie. Which was questionable. And Boyle might have won anyways. But give them the chance instead of throwing that specific flag. But as much as I can’t stand Tommy from the past 5 years of head scratching dumbass moves. They actually had a good plan to me for the last game

I thought you had pulled a "Sergeant Slaughter" on us and disappeared after the season-ending loss. lol   Yeah, I thought the game plan was fine and almost worked. The kids just couldn't make the one or two big plays when they got inside the twenty a couple of times. Corbin and Tommy made Boyle very one-dimensional. Problem is, that one dimension was Q , and they didn't stop him.  If they had curtailed Q, Corbin wins with no sweat. Hounds were the better team. The hurdling penalties allowed Boyle to survive and advance.  If Tommy had played North Laurel instead of Hazard, the game is likely at Corbin and the Hounds win by two scores.
(11-25-2023, 11:21 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
Yeah I’m wondering why people think this position is so attractive? Definitely doesn’t appear to be to anyone not from Corbin. Sheesh.

(11-26-2023, 12:50 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
If they don't, at least, inquire to see if Clevinger has some interest, they are either stupid, not interested in bettering the program, or dead set on sticking with politically corrupt Good Ol' Boy modus operandi (or , most likely, all three) .

(11-25-2023, 10:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I haven’t said anything since the Boyle game. And as much as I hate to say it. Greer actually had a good defensive game plan. Overall the game plan was pretty dang good. Almost to the point I’d about say Corbin out coached haddix. Which I never thought I’d say. Maybe every blind squirrel will find a nut because it’s not been that way in the past. Actually the total opposite. But with all the talent that boyle has. Corbin was right with them the whole game. A penalty cost them the tie. Which was questionable. And Boyle might have won anyways. But give them the chance instead of throwing that specific flag. But as much as I can’t stand Tommy from the past 5 years of head scratching dumbass moves. They actually had a good plan to me for the last game
Please stop with the “better team” nonsense. Good teams win. Period. The only thing that matters is the scoreboard at the end of the game. Your wrong opinion doesn’t matter. Boyle advanced and is playing for a state championship. How you feel about that is irrelevant to that reality.
[-] The following 2 users Like Woodsman's post:
  • Hatz, HighViz
(11-25-2023, 05:41 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 12:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 01:44 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: lol. Y’all realize this is high school football right? There’s schools with more title in the last decade than what Corbin has had their entire existence and people don’t care. Sure it’s great, but it doesn’t consume them.

I’ve watched some of you all absolutely bash that superintendent when Corbin is one of the top performing school systems in the state. I think their middle school was #2 in the entire state of over 300 middle schools. You think high school football coaching hires is at the top of that list? lol. The guy has your school system performing at a high level academically. He’s not going nowhere because some old guys who wish they were still  playing in there 60s are a little upset that every single year they don’t bring a title home lolol.

These threads are pointless.
As bad as I’d like to I’ll refrain from airing the dirty laundry on here, the absolutely pointless high paying positions created, the nepotism hires, and other conduct that’s made him unfit to hold the position.  Most other high performing school districts would have had rid of him when he was on probation with one year contracts because of how the district was performing….

All of this is non football related sir…

sounds to me like whatever moves were made were the correct ones when it comes to your school performing at a high level. 
it is what it is. I don’t think Greer stays around long regardless but your administration isn’t changing. I look forward to seeing the news of you all protesting at the next board meeting over a football coach.
I’ve got a better idea, why don’t you hold your breath and wait on me at that school board meeting…If I want to be lied to I’ll just turn on the next presidential debate…Just like when Jewell was replaced this will be no different when check books start closing people start listening, we’ll see how many people keep their word…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42
(11-26-2023, 02:33 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 01:44 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: lol. Y’all realize this is high school football right? There’s schools with more title in the last decade than what Corbin has had their entire existence and people don’t care. Sure it’s great, but it doesn’t consume them.

I’ve watched some of you all absolutely bash that superintendent when Corbin is one of the top performing school systems in the state. I think their middle school was #2 in the entire state of over 300 middle schools. You think high school football coaching hires is at the top of that list? lol. The guy has your school system performing at a high level academically. He’s not going nowhere because some old guys who wish they were still  playing in there 60s are a little upset that every single year they don’t bring a title home lolol.

As bad as I’d like to I’ll refrain from airing the dirty laundry on here, the absolutely pointless high paying positions created, the nepotism hires, and other conduct that’s made him unfit to hold the position.  Most other high performing school districts would have had rid of him when he was on probation with one year contracts because of how the district was performing….

sounds to me like whatever moves were made were the correct ones when it comes to your school performing at a high level. 
it is what it is. I don’t think Greer stays around long regardless but your administration isn’t changing. I look forward to seeing the news of you all protesting at the next board meeting over a football coach.
I’ve got a better idea, why don’t you hold your breath and wait on me at that school board meeting…If I want to be lied to I’ll just turn on the next presidential debate…Just like when Jewell was replaced this will be no different when check books start closing people start listening, we’ll see how many people keep their word…

you’re the one making 5 new threads a day about it. Why don’t you let those balls drop and show up and state your case? Nothing is gonna get done posting about it here. Man up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Holy Bull
I’m curious if they had a good plan then what happened??
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • Hatz, HighViz

$$$ talks 

I think if they called, he’d listen. And it’s not like Somerset is close to the same job as Corbin. Somerset’s talent is good, their facilities are fine. But comparing them to Corbin? Not even close. 

Dumpster fires have been extinguished by the right person and he fits the bill.
[-] The following 2 users Like DangerMouse's post:
  • Deuce8, Old School Hound
You think Corbin is the first team in the state to have two top 200 players in the nation and a RB with a PWO to UK, a QB who’s a D1 commit, and still not even be able to win a region??
[-] The following 3 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Deuce8, HighViz, Holy Bull
(11-26-2023, 12:36 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: You think Corbin is the first team in the state to have two top 200 players in the nation and a RB with a PWO to UK, a QB who’s a D1 commit, and still not even be able to win a region??

Were it not for a kid named Q, Corbin finishes off back-to-back ,undefeated, seasons with 30 straight wins and two trophies. Luck, either good or bad, plays a factor in whether a team wins the ultimate prize. Corbin was one of the best teams in the state the past two seasons. They were THE best team in the state in '23, in my opinion. Hell, even with Q's contributions, the Hounds were separated from a win by a few high hurdle infractions. Sometimes , it's just not your day. The Hounds have had 41 of those.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Deuce8
(11-26-2023, 02:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 12:36 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: You think Corbin is the first team in the state to have two top 200 players in the nation and a RB with a PWO to UK, a QB who’s a D1 commit, and still not even be able to win a region??

Were it not for a kid named Q, Corbin finishes off back-to-back ,undefeated, seasons with 30 straight wins and two trophies. Luck, either good or bad, plays a factor in whether a team wins the ultimate prize. Corbin was one of the best teams in the state the past two seasons. They were THE best team in the state in '23, in my opinion. Hell, even with Q's contributions, the Hounds were separated from a win by a few high hurdle infractions. Sometimes , it's just not your day. The Hounds have had 41 of those.
You can keep repeating yourself ad nauseam, but that doesn’t change the fact that what you are saying is completely irrelevant.
[-] The following 3 users Like Woodsman's post:
  • Deuce8, Diogenes, Hatz
(11-26-2023, 02:24 PM)Woodsman Wrote:

You can keep repeating yourself ad nauseam, but that doesn’t change the fact that what you are saying is completely irrelevant.
Doesn't mean it's wrong either, Woodwind.
(11-26-2023, 02:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 02:24 PM)Woodsman Wrote:

Doesn't mean it's wrong either, Woodwind.
Doesn’t make it right either, outdated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodsman's post:
  • Hatz
(11-26-2023, 12:31 PM)DangerMouse Wrote:

$$$ talks 

I think if they called, he’d listen. And it’s not like Somerset is close to the same job as Corbin. Somerset’s talent is good, their facilities are fine. But comparing them to Corbin? Not even close. 

Not even close …….. lmfao Somerset has won a title within the last 4 years ….. Corbin has not won one in the last 4 decades+!!!!!!! And came in to Historic Campbell field in 2019 and smacked them puppy’s ….. Not even close ……… hahahaha smoke ya another one …. Somerset got that $$$$$$$$$ too son ..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Hatz
(11-26-2023, 03:16 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

you’re the one making 5 new threads a day about it. Why don’t you let those balls drop and show up and state your case? Nothing is gonna get done posting about it here. Man up.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Dyslexia is diagnosable now, and there is treatment available….I’ve not made any new threads on this board in months pal…Man up and balls dropping, is it a school board meeting or an MMA match….Like I said I’ve got better things to do than be lied to, I’ll just drop my balls and get to work tomorrow morning with check book closed… I’ll have a chance to say my peace there little buddy don’t you fret over it for one minute….

I can’t disagree with this, other than the last play whatever it was they seemed to have it together.
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42, pjdoug
(11-26-2023, 05:21 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 12:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: As bad as I’d like to I’ll refrain from airing the dirty laundry on here, the absolutely pointless high paying positions created, the nepotism hires, and other conduct that’s made him unfit to hold the position.  Most other high performing school districts would have had rid of him when he was on probation with one year contracts because of how the district was performing….

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Dyslexia is diagnosable now, and there is treatment available….I’ve not made any new threads on this board in months pal…Man up and balls dropping, is it a school board meeting or an MMA match….Like I said I’ve got better things to do than be lied to, I’ll just drop my balls and get to work tomorrow morning with check book closed… I’ll have a chance to say my peace there little buddy don’t you fret over it for one minute….
Gosh damn don’t hold nothing back tell us how you really feel….Was told earlier that no changes forthcoming whatsoever. Business as usual…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • TD Hounds
(11-26-2023, 05:28 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 05:21 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 05:41 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: sounds to me like whatever moves were made were the correct ones when it comes to your school performing at a high level. 

Gosh damn don’t hold nothing back tell us how you really feel….Was told earlier that no changes forthcoming whatsoever. Business as usual…
Big Grin
Clay is not going to Corbin. He’s already gone through essentially the same scenario at Danville that you all are proposing with Greer, and you think he’s going to be eager to jump into another situation like that? Somerset doesn’t turn over coaches. As long as you aren’t dramatically regressing they are going to keep you.
[-] The following 3 users Like Shogun's post:
  • Deuce8, Hatz, HenryHankHill
OSH should know enough when it comes to BOEs that nothing is done in public at meetings. I don’t care how many people show up to do his dirty work. The real dirty work is handled in person and a heck of a lot closer to an election cycle than Corbin is now…..heck you can still see a few school board election signs around Corbin.

Face it, Coach Greer and staff are going to be right where they are for the time being.

I’m sure the next election people who want Greer to remain where he is at will be funneling money into campaigning for the right candidate…..even if they live in Danville…LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes HenryHankHill's post:
  • Deuce8

Corbin wasn't beating cov cath either Corbin was 3 or 4 in 4a
[-] The following 2 users Like Advicegiver74's post:
  • Gitback Coach, Holy Bull
(11-27-2023, 05:10 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:

Big Grin
(11-27-2023, 06:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Big Grin
Doug let me stir the pot some I know the truth but I love chaos
[-] The following 1 user Likes Advicegiver74's post:
  • pjdoug

I laughed out loud at the bolded.    Big Grin   Corbin would have had the Catholic boys giving penance for taking such a massive ass whipping.
2 pages of

Would
Could
If
But
Should

I Love it! Our fans are the worst! We the best, the biggest, the baddest! Problem is it is all talk though. Only actions coming from the 29-25 milepost on I75 is Greed/Crookedness.
(11-26-2023, 03:57 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:

$$$ talks 

Not even close …….. lmfao Somerset has won a title within the last 4 years ….. Corbin has not won one in the last 4 decades+!!!!!!! And came in to Historic Campbell field in 2019 and smacked them puppy’s ….. Not even close ……… hahahaha smoke ya another one …. Somerset got that $$$$$$$$$ too son ..

this is the damn dumbest reply ever written, son. 

It took over 100 years to win one. Corbin on a 40 year drought pales in comparison. 

I guess if you want to brag about smacking puppies at Corbin (by 1 point) I’ll remind you of the scores in 2020, 2022 at “Historic” Clark Field. 

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

If Somerset got that money, they need to spend it. And maybe on wins that matter. 

Take off the purple tinted glasses and let the adults talk. Thanks.
[-] The following 3 users Like DangerMouse's post:
  • Deuce8, Gitback Coach, pjdoug
(11-27-2023, 03:49 PM)HighViz Wrote: 2 pages of

Would
Could
If
But
Should

I Love it!  Our fans are the worst!  We the best, the biggest, the baddest!  Problem is it is all talk though.  Only actions coming from the 29-25 milepost on I75 is Greed/Crookedness.

Let the record show that Viz(the greatest and most passionate supporter of our Redhounds on this board  Smile )  says our fans are the worst.  Viz, in all honesty, if readers didn't know better they would think you were the biggest Boyle fan ever. You didn't said a good thing about our team all season. Said we would lose in massive fashion to Boyle. Fact is, Tommy had a good game plan against Boyle and, quite honestly, outcoached Haddix for a good part of the game. I dislike Greer as much as you do but can you at least admit that he had a decent plan.  Our kids just didn't convert on a couple big downs deep in the red zone and we had three stupid hurdling penalties that killed us, along with our QB/P running himself right into a punt block. All in all, we looked like the better team, and even the better coached team, in the first half.

With fans like my buddy, Viz, we don't need enemies.  LOL

(11-27-2023, 04:01 PM)DangerMouse Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 03:57 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:

$$$ talks 

this is the damn dumbest reply ever written, son. 

It took over 100 years to win one. Corbin on a 40 year drought pales in comparison. 

I guess if you want to brag about smacking puppies at Corbin (by 1 point) I’ll remind you of the scores in 2020, 2022 at “Historic” Clark Field. 

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

If Somerset got that money, they need to spend it. And maybe on wins that matter. 

Take off the purple tinted glasses and let the adults talk. Thanks.

Yep, I love Somerset and I root for the Jumpers but Corbin would have beaten them by 90 points this season. Somerset has a fine program but Corbin is the dominatrix of those submissive little bunnies. No comparison .  Back in the day, they were a strong rival but now they would just be bunny stew for the Hounds.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Deuce8, Gitback Coach
OSH. It’s fans like you that ruin it for me. Also leadership like we have.

Don’t make excuses. It is what it is. Just please stop saying we are the best. We haven’t play in 2 weeks.

As for not saying anything good about the kids. Obviously I care a lot about the kids here. But, they aren’t given a chance. We have thugs leading them. What I have seen the last year Haddix was the HFBC, I saw it play out. I told several of you on here and maybe one poster here agreed. Everyone else thought I was crazy. Now that it played out before their eyes they are aggravated. I’m beyond scorned, and won’t be better till COX, Tommy, Hart, Foley are gone. Taylor promised to do his part in removing Tom when he asked for my vote. So as far as I’m concerned. He is just like them.

Our kids don’t need to be told they need to look up to thugs.

We also tried to get the edge and pay the kids to come by making sure they had chargers. What’s that say for the hometown kids? The ones that had played in our system for 10-12 years. JUST to beat Boyle. That’s KARMA coming back to the program in my opinion.

And a place to stay.
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Cowboy42, Gitback Coach, TD Hounds
(11-27-2023, 07:43 PM)HighViz Wrote: OSH.  It’s fans like you that ruin it for me.  Also leadership like we have.

Don’t make excuses.  It is what it is.  Just please stop saying we are the best.  We haven’t play in 2 weeks. 

As for not saying anything good about the kids.  Obviously I care a lot about the kids here.  But, they aren’t given a chance.  We have thugs leading them.  What I have seen the last year Haddix was the HFBC, I saw it play out. I told several of you on here and  maybe one poster here agreed.  Everyone else thought I was crazy.  Now that it played out before their eyes they are aggravated.  I’m beyond scorned, and won’t be better till COX, Tommy, Hart, Foley are gone.  Taylor promised to do his part in removing Tom when he asked for my vote.  So as far as I’m concerned. He is just like them.
 Our kids don’t need to be told they need to look up to thugs.

We also tried to get the edge and pay the kids to come by making sure they had chargers.  What’s that say for the hometown kids? The ones that had played in our system for 10-12 years.  JUST to beat Boyle.    That’s KARMA coming back to the program in my opinion.

And a place to stay.
Like Cowboy said, tell us how you really feel  Big Grin Big Grin ….
I did! Ha.

I’m ready to see some changes in 24!
[-] The following 2 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Cowboy42, TD Hounds