Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 31 Beechwood 28
Final.

Congratulations Cardinals!!!

Last second field goal wins this game, and I am a new fan of the Red Helmet Club!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, rookie57
Congratulations Mayfield!!!
It is sad that someone lost this one. I do feel good for the kid that is the Mayfield kicker. He was the same one the announcers said missed an extra point last year when Beechwood defeated Mayfield 14-13 in the state championship game.

I know Beechwood is hurt the way this one ended, but my goodness they are young and talented and will only continue to get better.  I am going ahead and pencil them in for the next 2 maybe 3 years as 2A State Champs.
[-] The following 3 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Old School 18, The Red Eminence
2 phantom holding calls on TD’s for the Cardinals… easily could have been 42-21. But the cardinals overcame adversity and had a huge pick with 1 minute on the clock to give them the go ahead field goal.
I’ll post tomorrow, right now I’m too stoked!what a freakin war, Beecwood was even better than advertised, they played with class, and lost with class, nothing like that bunch of arrogant jerks we played last week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Deuce8
I have nothing but the utmost respect for Beechwood. That being said, they should have lost by at least 2-3 scores. 3 TDs were taken away by the refs. It was complete nonsense. I cannot take anything away from their offense they were hitting on all cylinders aside from the two Interceptions, but we had 3 rushing scores taken away! Good job refs
A lot closer than I expected. However, I wasn’t counting on 3 touchdowns being called back for holding, having a blocked fg or fumbling the ball into the end zone.
Just about what I expected this game to be. Proud of Mayfield for fighting through the adversity and coming away with the win. Really happy for Lincoln. Kicking the game winning field goal was poetic justice after the state championship last year. As always, Beechwood was well coached, disciplined, and did not beat themselves.

I’m not going to make judgement on the holding calls because I wasn’t on the field with the refs. We got the win regardless and I’m sure there were missed calls against us as well. Just proud of the fight in this years Cardinals. One more very tough game to go.

Congrats to Beechwood on another great season. They will be a team to reckon with next year with so many players coming back.

Go Big Red! Now go get it done in Lexington and bring home #13
(11-25-2023, 01:36 AM)rookie57 Wrote: I’ll post tomorrow, right now I’m too stoked!what a freakin war, Beecwood was even better than advertised, they played with class, and lost with class, nothing like that bunch of arrogant jerks we played last week.
Yep, glad you all knocked that smug, holier than thou, smug look off their faces. Bring home #13!!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • rookie57
Love that Mayfield knocked off Beechie Tech! Congrats!
Happy for Mayfield. Bout time Beechwood gives someone else a turn.
Congrats Mayfield. You have one more game to go.
Congrats Mayfield, would have loved to see this one in person…
Feels good to finally win one of these games against Beechwood again. They are so tuff, you goot a have your A game to hang with them. Mayfield having to run the gauntlet this year, if we win state can’t no one say we had an easy road .
[-] The following 2 users Like rookie57's post:
  • Granny Bear, Silverback
(11-25-2023, 12:56 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Feels good to finally win one of these games against Beechwood again. They are so tuff, you goot a have your A game to hang with them. Mayfield having to run the gauntlet this year, if we win state can’t no one say we had an easy road .
Definitely not been an easy road, especially playing Lex Christian in region, that was a statement win for Mayfield.  Good luck Friday always enjoyed Mayfield and Beechwood fans, very classy…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • rookie57
(11-25-2023, 11:31 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: Congrats Mayfield, would have loved to see this one in person…

I wish I had known about the Red Helmet broadcast over YouTube!!  I will definitely be watching more Mayfield games in the future.  LOVE those guys!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • TD Hounds
(11-25-2023, 01:19 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 12:56 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Feels good to finally win one of these games against Beechwood again. They are so tuff, you goot a have your A game to hang with them. Mayfield having to run the gauntlet this year, if we win state can’t no one say we had an easy road .
Definitely not been an easy road, especially playing Lex Christian in region, that was a statement win for Mayfield.  Good luck Friday always enjoyed Mayfield and Beechwood fans, very classy…
Appreciate that TD

Absolutely serious here, I think that was the first time in my life I felt sorry for the team we beat, not saying I’m not glad we won, just that beechwood coaches, players and fans are a class act. Those kids have heart man, and their coaches don’t spend the whole night bitchin about the refs, they coach their kids. And every player and coach I talked to after the game, and there were many, they were complimentary of our team and wished us good luck, ya gotta respect that.

And by the way, beechwoods QB is a better QB than Boley
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • TD Hounds
(11-25-2023, 03:08 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 01:36 AM)rookie57 Wrote: I’ll post tomorrow, right now I’m too stoked!what a freakin war, Beecwood was even better than advertised, they played with class, and lost with class, nothing like that bunch of arrogant jerks we played last week.
Yep, glad you all knocked that smug, holier than thou, smug look off their faces. Bring home #13!!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

Are you talking about Beechwood or LCA with a smug look? 
(11-25-2023, 12:35 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: It is sad that someone lost this one. I do feel good for the kid that is the Mayfield kicker. He was the same one the announcers said missed an extra point last year when Beechwood defeated Mayfield 14-13 in the state championship game.

I know Beechwood is hurt the way this one ended, but my goodness they are young and talented and will only continue to get better.  I am going ahead and pencil them in for the next 2 maybe 3 years as 2A State Champs.

Yeah we only lose 4 starters!
(11-25-2023, 01:49 AM)Mayfieldman Wrote: I have nothing but the utmost respect for Beechwood. That being said, they should have lost by at least 2-3 scores. 3 TDs were taken away by the refs. It was complete nonsense. I cannot take anything away from their offense they were hitting on all cylinders aside from the two Interceptions, but we had 3 rushing scores taken away! Good job refs

You guys need to stop crying about the calls! You would have think you lost with all of the moaning and crying! I’m sure Beechwood fans feel they got some bad calls against them as well!
Sportsman, I feel certain rookie was talking about LCA. They did not display the class and sportsmanship that Beechwood does. You won’t find many Mayfield fans who do not hold Beechwood in high regards.

I for one could care less about the holding calls because we got the win and no doubt there were calls that were missed or called wrong in our favor as well. It’s part of the game. Always has been and always will be.

Beechwood is in fact going to be a freaking handful for anyone who plays them next year. I am no expert, but I would be shocked if they were not the 2A favorite heading into the 2024 season with all that talent coming back a year stronger and more experienced.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Silverback's post:
  • Sportsfan4848
(11-25-2023, 10:59 PM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote:

GO CARDINALS!!!

I SAID, the jerks we played last week
(11-25-2023, 01:57 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: A lot closer than I expected. However, I wasn’t counting on 3 touchdowns being called back for holding, having a blocked fg or fumbling the ball into the end zone.

Give it a rest, last week you had nothing to say about LCA's TDs called back for holds. It's part of the game. I was at both games and pulling for Mayfield big time. It gets old seeing this stuff!!! You've always been a champ at hand picking parts of the game to bolster your pride.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Sportsfan4848
(11-25-2023, 12:35 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: It is sad that someone lost this one. I do feel good for the kid that is the Mayfield kicker. He was the same one the announcers said missed an extra point last year when Beechwood defeated Mayfield 14-13 in the state championship game.

(11-26-2023, 03:51 AM)rookie57 Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 10:59 PM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote:

GO CARDINALS!!!

I SAID, the jerks we played last week

Ok good I  think everyone was happy LCA lost! 

(11-26-2023, 02:29 AM)Silverback Wrote: Sportsman, I feel certain rookie was talking about LCA. They did not display the class and sportsmanship that Beechwood does. You won’t find many Mayfield fans who do not hold Beechwood in high regards.

I for one could care less about the holding calls because we got the win and no doubt there were calls that were missed or called wrong in our favor as well. It’s part of the game. Always has been and always will be.

Beechwood is in fact going to be a freaking handful for anyone who plays them next year. I am no expert, but I would be shocked if they were not the 2A favorite heading into the 2024 season with all that talent coming back a year stronger and more experienced.

oh I agree about Beechwood next year. Beechwood will be loaded! Beechwood’s freshman class is loaded with talent and size. If they stay heathly I don’t see anyone beating them in 2a. I can promise you that those kids will be bigger and stronger next year! I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t both the weight room today.