Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Game Updates/Boyle Co vs Covington Catholic
1 half in the books, Boyle completely dominated the first half!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • CC117
Good game!!!
(12-01-2023, 11:12 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: 1 half in the books, Boyle completely dominated the first half!!!

I would feel more comfortable Jack if we could have taken advantage of one of those 2 opportunities missed.
Well I have disagree with Bull Boyle is way better than Covington and take 1 penalty away from being up 27 to 0 and looks like a running clock game to me in 2 nd half Covington has no offense that can work against Boyle defense they are way to fast for Covington
Sure appears that way
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • BobcatForever
Official KHSAA 1st Half Stats:

Boyle                                              Cov. Cath.

Total Yards:                               236                                                  29

Pass Yards:                                 81                                                  26

Rush Yards:                               155                                                  03

First Downs:                               10                                                  04

Total Plays:                                31                                                  22

Penalty Yards:                           5-55                                                3-29

Time of Poss:                           12:24                                               11:36
Cov Cath going for it on 4th down
Boyle takes over on downs
I must have misunderstood what Dave Baker said about CC's yardage. Sorry about that.
Catholic looks to be having discipline problems.
Boyle in the red zone
(12-01-2023, 11:29 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Catholic looks to be having discipline problems.

Just because they were slamming that guy's head on the ground"
Boyle touchdown
7:14 left in the 3rd quarter

Boyle 27 Cov Cath 0
Cov Cath ball. First down on the 20
Cov Cath goes for it on 4th down; tackled behind the LOS. Boyle takes over on downs,.
Boyle first and goal
Boyle touchdown
40 seconds left in 3rd quarter

Boyle 34 Cov Cath 0
Boyle County is a field goal away from putting the running clock on Covington Catholic. Unreal!
(12-01-2023, 11:12 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: 1 half in the books, Boyle completely dominated the first half!!!

AND the second half!
Cov Cath first down on the 25
Cov Cath punt

Boyle first down on the 37
I think that was a great statement by color man Freddy Maggard said about Boyle Co. "They are just a machine".
Gorgeous pass for Boyle TD
Running Clock. Baby! 41-0 Boyle
6:56 left in game

Boyle 41 Cov Cath 0

Running clock; I cannot believe it.