Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boyle County 41 Covington Catholic 0 4A KENTUCKY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
(12-03-2023, 08:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Listen fellas I’m gonna post this and I’m taking a serious BGR break…Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades…Boyle Co is the State Champion, Undefeated.  There was no better team in 4A if there had been then they would have beat them, I wish things where different but there just not, the scoreboard and trophy presentation don’t lie…Again Merry CHRISTmas!!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
[-] The following 4 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • back country, Granny Bear, HighViz, TD Hounds
Boyle County was a fine football team, well-deserving of the trophy. But I'll go to my damn grave believing that Corbin was the best team in 4A in '22 and best team in KY in '23. For those who say the team that wins the game is always the better team, you have great disregard for history. That has been shown to be not true thousands of times over. The best teams often don't win the big game. Was Arizona the best team in the National League? Braves were clearly the best team in baseball but any fluke thing can happen in a short series or a one game playoff like Corbin-Boyle. Doesn't mean Boyle or the Diamondbacks or Appalachian St are any less deserving of their wins. But , if your argument is: team A scores more points than team B => team A MUST be better than team B, then you failed Logic 101.

Team A scored more pts than team B => team A won the game. CORRECT
Team A scored more pts than team B => team A MIGHT be better than team B. CORRECT
Team A scored more pts than team B => team A MUST be better than team B. FALSE

Is UNC-Wilmington better than UK? They won by 7, just like Boyle over Corbin. It must be true, right? I watched the '21 Superbowl with much interest. My eyes told me that the Bengals were the better team even though they came up short by 3 pts on some questionable late calls. Winning teams are not always the better team.

Let's tee it up again in a few months to crown the mythical overall state champ. Same exact rosters. Proceeds go to charity. I'll start by donating $2,500. Play the game at Roy Kidd Stadium in Richmond. Let's do it. Game would raise a quarter of a million dollars easily. Probably a million dollars. Let's do it !!! If Boyle wins , I'll shut up!
2 years in a row, head to head Boyle made the plays in the 4th quarter and did what they had to do to win. Maybe it’s Haddix. Maybe it’s a combination of Haddix and the schedule he has Boyle playing year in and year out. Boyle doesn’t schedule for home field advantage in the playoffs. Haddix doesn’t care if Boyle’s undefeated in the regular season he wants to win the last game. When you play most of your season never getting challenged, never behind having to come from behind and win a game that’s why you get the plays in the 4th quarter like that mess of a play Corbin tried at the end of the game on 4th down at Boyle. The ‘better’ team can make the plays and win. It was no different at Kroger field last year in the 4th quarter. I know, ‘if if if’ but Boyle’s got yet another title and ring coming
[-] The following 1 user Likes CC117's post:
  • Holy Bull
(12-04-2023, 02:50 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Boyle County was a fine football team, well-deserving of the trophy. But I'll go to my damn grave believing that Corbin was the best team in 4A in '22 and best team in KY in '23. For those who say the team that wins the game is always the better team,  you have great disregard for history. That has been shown to be not true thousands of times over. The best teams often don't win the big game. Was Arizona the best team in the National League?  Braves were clearly the best team  in baseball but any fluke thing can happen in a short series or a one game playoff like Corbin-Boyle.  Doesn't mean Boyle or the Diamondbacks or Appalachian St are any less deserving of their wins. But , if your argument is:  team A scores more points than team B => team A MUST be better than team B, then you failed Logic 101.

Team A scored more pts than team B =>  team A won the game.  CORRECT
Team A scored more pts than team B => team A MIGHT be better than team B.  CORRECT
Team A scored more pts than team B => team A MUST be better than team B.  FALSE

Is UNC-Wilmington better than UK? They won by 7, just like Boyle over Corbin. It must be true, right? I watched the '21 Superbowl with much interest. My eyes told me that the Bengals were the better team even though they came up short by 3 pts on some questionable late calls. Winning teams are not always the better team.

Let's tee it up again in a few months to crown the mythical overall state champ. Same exact rosters. Proceeds go to charity. I'll start by donating $2,500. Play the game at Roy Kidd Stadium in Richmond. Let's do it. Game would raise a quarter of a million dollars easily. Probably a million dollars. Let's do it !!! If Boyle wins , I'll shut up!

$2500. You must be the last of the big time spenders. This may rank up there with the most hilarious or most stupid post that I have ever read here. When is enough ever going to be enough. After Boyle wins the game at EKU, what is next?  I don't know what else you need . You want to change the rules , hire your own officials have all the playoff games, earned or not at home. The word mythical suits you so well. You are living in a dream world. $2500. really? Who are you trying to impress. That is just a fun weekend. Move on. You will be able to start dreaming about 2024 in August and another district title. What do they give the winner of the district? Trophy, certificate or Arby coupons.
[-] The following 4 users Like back country's post:
  • CC117, Deuce8, Diogenes, Holy Bull
Probably spending 9 million dollars on a stadium upgrade and the anniversary coming up this year with Corbin ending up getting just a district championship made his delusions of a fairytale ending to the season fall flat. He just needs to come to grips with reality.
[-] The following 1 user Likes With A Cause's post:
  • Holy Bull
(12-03-2023, 09:01 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 08:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Listen fellas I’m gonna post this and I’m taking a serious BGR break…Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades…Boyle Co is the State Champion, Undefeated.  There was no better team in 4A if there had been then they would have beat them, I wish things where different but there just not, the scoreboard and trophy presentation don’t lie…Again Merry CHRISTmas!!!
Well said!

(12-04-2023, 09:51 AM)With A Cause Wrote: Probably spending 9 million dollars on a stadium upgrade and the anniversary coming up this year with Corbin ending up getting just a district championship made his delusions of a fairytale ending to the season fall flat.  He just needs to come to grips with reality.
They tried buying a championship giving two All-Americans trucks and it still didn't work out.  If I was Elam, who is a heck of a player and wanted a state championship my last year, I know where I would be transferring to.

(12-04-2023, 09:51 AM)With A Cause Wrote: Probably spending 9 million dollars on a stadium upgrade and the anniversary coming up this year with Corbin ending up getting just a district championship made his delusions of a fairytale ending to the season fall flat.  He just needs to come to grips with reality.
OSH needs to take this to his grave too, https://www.youtube.com/shorts/4d1Kb19fhcw.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Holy Bull's post:
  • CC117
I wish people would just stop acknowledging his/her posts.. All he/she wants is a reaction. Full of IFs, buts, and excuses. Corbin is the best team on a 42 year drought! Corbin is the best team that lost to the Black and Vegas Gold. They would lose that same game 10/10 times. Stomping calls may get called 9/10 times. Even those got called at Campbell field against Douglas. I’ve concluded, this has to be Super Dave, Tommy, or Foleys acct! They are the only ones that would make that many excuses. Or blame the wrong side.
(12-04-2023, 02:50 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Boyle County was a fine football team, well-deserving of the trophy. But I'll go to my damn grave believing that Corbin was the best team in 4A in '22 and best team in KY in '23. For those who say the team that wins the game is always the better team,  you have great disregard for history. That has been shown to be not true thousands of times over. The best teams often don't win the big game. Was Arizona the best team in the National League?  Braves were clearly the best team  in baseball but any fluke thing can happen in a short series or a one game playoff like Corbin-Boyle.  Doesn't mean Boyle or the Diamondbacks or Appalachian St are any less deserving of their wins. But , if your argument is:  team A scores more points than team B => team A MUST be better than team B, then you failed Logic 101.

Team A scored more pts than team B => team A MIGHT be better than team B.  CORRECT

Instead of the insanity of replaying a game that is in the past, maybe you should show up at the Corbin school board meeting this Thursday. It starts at 6:00 at the high school. Bring your signs. I'm sure they will let you share your thoughts and feelings. You can give them your input on the Corbin coaching staff and suggest your changes. Lead the way, set the example.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • Deuce8
Congrats Boyle. Total domination this season! 15-0
[-] The following 1 user Likes bcpc's post:
  • Bull got out!

Boyle County football has western ranch sized real estate in your head!! LOL. A "mythical overall state champ" would be a championship with all state winners playing against each other. Not a game for a 3rd round runner up to play in.
[-] The following 2 users Like FastScreen435's post:
  • CC117, Deuce8
(12-03-2023, 09:01 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
Thank You Merry Christmas to you and your family as well
builtbyboyle... amirite