Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boyle County 41 Covington Catholic 0 4A KENTUCKY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
Congratulations to the Rebels !! The offensive skill players get a lot of copy and it's understandable why they do. But Boyle's oline and dline played very well this year. Brock Driver at LB would be one of the best players on a LOT of teams in Ky and is a stud. Tavi is the most talented player on this team but Avery Bodner, Sage Dawson, Jayce Crowe, Austin Gourley, Keenan Stuart and the other Sr's leave the program with a legacy of hard work, leadership and a handful of RINGS ! This team worked, played for each other, didn't worry about stats and put together one of the best seasons in Boyle's history. Congrats to a great team and a great coaching staff. Coach Haddix is carving himself quite a legacy in Boyle County.

(12-02-2023, 02:14 AM)Ragnar Wrote: Corbin should have never let Haddix walk after taking them to two finals.

"Let him walk" ??

They helped him pack and pointed him which direction to go !
[-] The following 3 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Holy Bull
Welp, I think this final score settles a few debates.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cactus Jack's post:
  • CC117, HighViz
(12-02-2023, 03:03 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Some views from my seat. I thought Haddix did a great job tonight with his game plan. Lots of rolling the dice and Boyle was hard to stop. The defensive effort was just unreal. I think it solidified Boyle in my opinion as the overall best team in Kentucky hands down. Corbin is definitely there at the two spot. Early in the year, I said speed kills! This seemed to be the theme all year for Boyle. But I got to say, the defense wowed me tonight. Covington Catholic just didn’t have anything that would work against that Boyle defense. I would have liked to see Rodriquez utilized a little more offensively for CC but the Boyle defense is better than they have gotten credit for all year. To pitch a shutout in a championship game speaks volumes to the hard work these kids have put in this season. Covington Catholic is a very good team. Boyle is just on another level. What a performance!
This game's defense for Boyle was what I saw when I named them the Steel Curtain.

Unbelievable game!  Truly the game worthy of being named; State Championship!!
[-] The following 4 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Jack Lambert, The Red Eminence
Other than that utter domination and semi boring, uncompetitive championship game, I have to say that I'm very impressed and also a little worried that Boyle's passing game seemed to disappear the last 3 games of the playoffs.

That's what I had said in the Corbin game about them going one dimensional. Sure, they had 3-4 different players running the ball in these games, but it was like they stopped being able to pass effectively down the stretch.

I actually started wondering if Dawson was having issues with his arm or hand.

I'm not complaining here, and going to the running game almost exclusively worked out just fine for Boyle, but it sure seemed like something changed for them a few games ago.
(12-02-2023, 01:05 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 12:57 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: Boyle has Quisenberry, and everybody else does not.

The Rebels aren’t just the best team in 4A. They’re the best team in Kentucky.

(And Corbin might be second)

I absolutely think Corbin and Boyle were the two best teams in KY this year. Really, no question in my mind about it. Shame they couldn't have played in the title game.

#getridofrpi

would have been the same result at the end.
(12-02-2023, 03:03 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Some views from my seat. I thought Haddix did a great job tonight with his game plan. Lots of rolling the dice and Boyle was hard to stop. The defensive effort was just unreal. I think it solidified Boyle in my opinion as the overall best team in Kentucky hands down. Corbin is definitely there at the two spot. Early in the year, I said speed kills! This seemed to be the theme all year for Boyle. But I got to say, the defense wowed me tonight. Covington Catholic just didn’t have anything that would work against that Boyle defense. I would have liked to see Rodriquez utilized a little more offensively for CC but the Boyle defense is better than they have gotten credit for all year. To pitch a shutout in a championship game speaks volumes to the hard work these kids have put in this season. Covington Catholic is a very good team. Boyle is just on another level. What a performance!
I thought Demauriah Brown's coverage on Rodriquez was awesome.  His future will be on defense.  You could tell Rodriquez was very frustrated with the personal foul penalty.  1 catch for 3 yards.

I'm curious as to what the Covington Catholic people think about Boyle's speed compared to Paducah Tilghman's? How they feel about Martels Carter vs Quisenberry now?
[-] The following 4 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert, With A Cause
The best part I saw about Covington Catholic were the students in the stands. They were very impressive from start to finish.

The best part I saw about Covington Catholic were the students in the stands. They were very impressive from start to finish. Boyle just had no answer to them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes With A Cause's post:
  • BEChargers
Congratulations to a great Boyle team. Couldn't believe coach went for it on 4th down in his own territory last night. But he knew what he was doing.
(12-02-2023, 02:04 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Congrats to the Boyle County REBELS on a great season and Total Domination of Covington Catholic  tonight winning their 12th State Championship and finally passing Danville for most State Championships in Title Town, the  game never was in doubt!!!

TD Hounds I’m not giving up the location of my Buck unless I harvest him. LOL
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Jack Lambert
I’m curious as to what the Mayfield Tilghman fans think about Boyle’s performance against Covington Catholic last night.
I am not looking forward for Frederick Douglass to go back to Boyle Co. for the last game of the season next year. lol
(12-02-2023, 01:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I’m curious as to what the Mayfield Tilghman fans think about Boyle’s performance against Covington Catholic last night.

I kept thinking about that too Jack.  I remember back in 2017 when some Mayfield fan or two argued that they had speed and played vs speed but I told them they hadn't seen VanCleave and Danville Speed.  I was right.

I wonder about PT vs Boyle now.
Everyone knew that Boyle played for and won the state championships three weeks ago on their own home field. Corbin was going to be the only team that could push them and they did. Boyle has the best player in the State and they still will have him next year. I see a lot of Wildcat formation coming at 4A next year.
Our personal experience...Well, first, Boyle county this year is the best high-school football team I've ever seen, personally, and hands down. 2nd, I think their defense is somehow even more impressive than their offense. Unreal how good this team is, and how good Quissenberry is with a line that was smaller than Cov Cath (by a lot), but whipped them, slung them around like rag dolls, by much smaller Boyle lineman...Anyways...

The story in the bleachers. Sat with Cov Cath. Got told to sit down because we couldn't see over guys in front of us standing up. Told them we paid for our ticket so settle down...They were good after that and finally everyone sat down. 2 pretty Boyle county ladies came over and sat in front of us. Their kids no longer play but they were rooting on the Rebels. This big Cov Cath guy says (jokingly honestly), "what are you guys doing over HERE"...then starts saying how they easily handled so and so, how many points they put on so and so...These ladies just smile and say Ok. My buddy, looks at the ladies and says, "apparently THAT guy hasn't saw you guys play ". Within half a quarter the guy comes down a row, pecks the ladies on the shoulder and says, "you guys are the fastest team I've ever seen and we play 6A and 5A all the time...I'm putting my tail between my legs cause this sh*t ain't gonna get any better, what a team. Good luck and be safe."....This dude drove from Covington to watch a half quarter of football, score was only 13-0 at that time I think...but after Quissenberry's first TD and first defensive stand it was way too easy to see what was happening. But I've NEVER saw a fan pay for a state ticket (we were in the $29 ticket range), and drive all the way north to almost Buckeye land. Pretty stinken funny.

I think we all need a ticket refund, and get Corbin there next year, or whoever, because Cov Cath was NOT the 2nd best team in 4A, and Boyle IS, in my opinion, the #1 team in the state of Kentucky, regardless of class.
[-] The following 5 users Like smoke1015's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Bull got out!, CC117, HighViz, know1
(12-02-2023, 08:43 AM)Rebel55 Wrote:
I thought Demauriah Brown's coverage on Rodriquez was awesome.  His future will be on defense.  You could tell Rodriquez was very frustrated with the personal foul penalty.  1 catch for 3 yards.

I'm curious as to what the Covington Catholic people think about Boyle's speed compared to Paducah Tilghman's? How they feel about Martels Carter vs Quisenberry now?

If we're talking about pure speed and Quisenberry is as fast as Carter then both could be D1 sprinters if football doesn't work out.

Carter ran times as a sophomore that would have won state in Kentucky plenty of years and was less than fifteen hundreths of a second off of what Tyson Gay ran in the 100 at state when he was the same age.

There's speed, track speed, and Olympic speed. I don't know how fast Quisenberry is, but if he's definitively faster than Carter, he probably has a long future in track if he wants it.
(12-02-2023, 02:14 PM)Red Deuces Wrote: Everyone knew that Boyle played for and won the state championships three weeks ago on their own home field. Corbin was going to be the only team that could push them and they did. Boyle has the best player in the State and they still will have him next year. I see a lot of Wildcat formation coming at 4A next year.
They’re was two games after Region Championship game and Corbin wasn’t invited. So, The State Championship game was played Friday against Covington Catholic. Corbin wasn’t good enough to make it past game 3 of the playoffs so NO, The championship game wasn’t played in game 3 of the playoffs. It’s like two years ago the baseball team lost at state and all I hear is refs cheated us then I looked at the score and Corbin had 0 runs on scoreboard. lol.. If you got any chance of winning you gotta score.. Boyle County is the champs BACK TO BACK TO BACK TO BACK and it’s undisputed and no doubt. If haddix still been at Corbin two of those state championships belong to Corbin but instead we’re painting another Runnerup on equipment trailer and sending our seniors off with a 3rd round exit of playoffs. All true and fact checked. OSH knows the truth…..

(12-03-2023, 09:13 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:

I'm curious as to what the Covington Catholic people think about Boyle's speed compared to Paducah Tilghman's?  How they feel about Martels Carter vs Quisenberry now?

If we're talking about pure speed and Quisenberry is as fast as Carter then both could be D1 sprinters if football doesn't work out.

Carter ran times as a sophomore that would have won state in Kentucky plenty of years and was less than fifteen hundreths of a second off of what Tyson Gay ran in the 100 at state when he was the same age.

There's speed, track speed, and Olympic speed. I don't know how fast Quisenberry is, but if he's definitively faster than Carter, he probably has a long future in track if he wants it.
Quisenberry is fast enough that he ran 229 yards with two touchdowns against Corbin this season. I’d say that makes him plenty fast and plenty good as he’s ran all over Corbin’s secondary two years straight with two Wins against the hounds. Quisenberry best football in the state in any class this year and next year. When you bring in two 4-star players and they can’t stop him what’s next? Only hope Corbin has of beating Boyle next season is if Haddix comes back to Corbin and brings quisenberry with him. I’m sure that’s being talked about already tho. I always heard Haddix was a plumber now I know it’s true as he’s flushed all hopes and dreams of a state championship coming to Corbin past two years.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • CC117, HighViz
(12-02-2023, 03:41 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Welp, I think this final score settles a few debates.

No it doesn't .  Cov Cath gave up 31 to Beechwood. They were pretenders all year and any savvy HS football fan knew it. If Corbin had played Boyle on a neutral field,  Boyle's reign of terror would have ended this year. They were three hurdles and a punt block from falling short in round 3 at home. So soon we forget!

This is one debate that is not settled by a 41-0 throttling of Cinderella Catholic. I doubt very seriously if the Covington Creampuffs would have found the endzone against Corbin. The score would have been very similar. Debate not settled.  No Boyle fan would have wanted to come to Campbell Field for a state semi-final matchup. No one who watched the 11/17 game with an unbiased eye could have come away saying , beyond a shadow of a doubt, Boyle was better. Debate not settled. Let's let these two teams play one more time, with proceeds from the game going to help a charity to help impoverished children in EKY. Play the game at EKU in Richmond. Let's REALLY settle the debate, once and for all. I agree that Corbin and Boyle were the state's two best teams but I'm not convinced of the order. Let's settle it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hatz
(12-03-2023, 12:29 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 03:41 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Welp, I think this final score settles a few debates.

No it doesn't .  Cov Cath gave up 31 to Beechwood. They were pretenders all year and any savvy HS football fan knew it. If Corbin had played Boyle on a neutral field,  Boyle's reign of terror would have ended this year. They were three hurdles and a punt block from falling short in round 3 at home. So soon we forget!

This is one debate that is not settled by a 41-0 throttling of  Cinderella Catholic. I doubt very seriously if the Covington Creampuffs would have found the endzone against Corbin. The score would have been very similar. Debate not settled.  No Boyle fan would have wanted to come to Campbell Field for a state semi-final matchup. No one who watched the 11/17 game with an unbiased eye could have come away saying , beyond a shadow of a doubt, Boyle was better. Debate not settled. Let's let these two teams play one more time, with proceeds from the game going to help a charity to help impoverished children in EKY. Play the game at EKU in Richmond. Let's REALLY settle the debate, once and for all. I agree that Corbin and Boyle were the state's two best teams but I'm not convinced of the order. Let's settle it!
What was final score of game 3 Region Championship?
[-] The following 3 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • 64SUR, back country, Hatz
(12-03-2023, 12:35 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

This is one debate that is not settled by a 41-0 throttling of  Cinderella Catholic. I doubt very seriously if the Covington Creampuffs would have found the endzone against Corbin. The score would have been very similar. Debate not settled.  No Boyle fan would have wanted to come to Campbell Field for a state semi-final matchup. No one who watched the 11/17 game with an unbiased eye could have come away saying , beyond a shadow of a doubt, Boyle was better. Debate not settled. Let's let these two teams play one more time, with proceeds from the game going to help a charity to help impoverished children in EKY. Play the game at EKU in Richmond. Let's REALLY settle the debate, once and for all. I agree that Corbin and Boyle were the state's two best teams but I'm not convinced of the order. Let's settle it!
What was the final score of Appalachian St.- Michigan in 2007? Final score does not always tell who the better team was. Just says who had more points on the day. Corbin would win the rematch, and 7 of the next 10 games played between the two, with identical rosters.
(12-03-2023, 12:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

What was the final score of Appalachian St.- Michigan in 2007? Final score does not always tell who the better team was. Just says who had more points on the day. Corbin would win the rematch, and 7 of the next 10 games played between the two, with identical rosters.
Lmao…And here I didn’t think you drank the koolaide. This is chess it ain’t checkers and If Corbin plays Boyle County 10 times then Haddix and company wins 10 times. You’re smarter than that OSH…Corbin hasn’t had the secondary to stop Quisenberry in two seasons and they won’t have it next season either. If Corbin was ever gonna win the state championship it would have been in past three seasons while Corbin was loaded with talent. You don’t have to worry about next season now as Corbin will be rebuilding next season. Georgia and Texas has a lot of 5 star players perhaps Corbin can get four or five 5 stars to come in so Quisenberry can use them up also. What store sells all these blinders and koolaide because they need to stop. I already heard this morning that next year is Corbins year and I’m thinking yep to get beat again by Haddix. Whomever is responsible for creating this monster should be fired because Haddix has zero intentions of allowing Corbin of winning anything other than district.
[-] The following 4 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • 64SUR, Hatz, HighViz, toolaidback
^ Do you think Corbin will win next year OSH

I would debate it. The hurdles are vs the rules. End of story. Like saying if not for 3 Holds we’d have 3 TD’s. It is a penalty. 

blocked punts are part of the game. It’s like saying if Boyle kicked a FG or got one more yard it would have been a 10 or 14 point win. 

you get one shot. Corbin failed at it in 22 and 23. The debate is settled. On the Field and not in your mind.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hatz's post:
  • BEChargers, CC117, Rebel55
(12-03-2023, 11:40 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Quisenberry is fast enough that he ran 229 yards with two touchdowns against Corbin this season. I’d say that makes him plenty fast and plenty good as he’s ran all over Corbin’s secondary two years straight with two Wins against the hounds. Quisenberry best football in the state in any class this year and next year. When you bring in two 4-star players and they can’t stop him what’s next? Only hope Corbin has of beating Boyle next season is if Haddix comes back to Corbin and brings quisenberry with him. I’m sure that’s being talked about already tho. I always heard Haddix was a plumber now I know it’s true as he’s flushed all hopes and dreams of a state championship coming to Corbin past two years.

My post was in response to a prior post and only about speed. It should have been taken as a compliment to both kids.

I'll stand by what I said. If Quisenberry is definitively faster than Carter, he has a future in track if he wants it.

(12-03-2023, 12:29 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

This is one debate that is not settled by a 41-0 throttling of Cinderella Catholic. I doubt very seriously if the Covington Creampuffs would have found the endzone against Corbin. The score would have been very similar. Debate not settled.  No Boyle fan would have wanted to come to Campbell Field for a state semi-final matchup. No one who watched the 11/17 game with an unbiased eye could have come away saying , beyond a shadow of a doubt, Boyle was better. Debate not settled. Let's let these two teams play one more time, with proceeds from the game going to help a charity to help impoverished children in EKY. Play the game at EKU in Richmond. Let's REALLY settle the debate, once and for all. I agree that Corbin and Boyle were the state's two best teams but I'm not convinced of the order. Let's settle it!

Was meaning that this final erased any doubt about who the top two teams in 4A were.
(12-03-2023, 01:19 PM)64SUR Wrote: ^ Do you think Corbin will win next year OSH

I don't know.  But the 5 TD advantage for Boyle that you and some others propagated early in the season was proven to be garbage. Old School was right and you all were dead wrong. Corbin was , as good, or better than Boyle, from the perspectives of most all neutral observers. I'd say Corbin will be in the hunt next season.  But I'm sure the talk about Boyle being 7 TD better than anyone will begin early on.

(12-03-2023, 01:16 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 12:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Lmao…And here I didn’t think you drank the koolaide. This is chess it ain’t checkers and If Corbin plays Boyle County 10 times then Haddix and company wins 10 times. You’re smarter than that OSH…Corbin hasn’t had the secondary to stop Quisenberry in two seasons and they won’t have it next season either. If Corbin was ever gonna win the state championship it would have been in past three seasons while Corbin was loaded with talent. You don’t have to worry about next season now as Corbin will be rebuilding next season. Georgia and Texas has a lot of 5 star players perhaps Corbin can get four or five 5 stars to come in so Quisenberry can use them up also. What store sells all these blinders and koolaide because they need to stop. I already heard this morning that next year is Corbins year and I’m thinking yep to get beat again by Haddix. Whomever is responsible for creating this monster should be fired because Haddix has zero intentions of allowing Corbin of winning anything other than district.
I know all about the a$$holes around the Corbin program. But a$$holes don't make me blind. I know what my eyes saw when the two teams plays on Boyle's home field. Not only did Corbin look the better team, overall, Haddix didn't even look like the best coach that night for most of the game.

(12-03-2023, 05:08 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 11:40 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Quisenberry is fast enough that he ran 229 yards with two touchdowns against Corbin this season. I’d say that makes him plenty fast and plenty good as he’s ran all over Corbin’s secondary two years straight with two Wins against the hounds. Quisenberry best football in the state in any class this year and next year. When you bring in two 4-star players and they can’t stop him what’s next? Only hope Corbin has of beating Boyle next season is if Haddix comes back to Corbin and brings quisenberry with him. I’m sure that’s being talked about already tho. I always heard Haddix was a plumber now I know it’s true as he’s flushed all hopes and dreams of a state championship coming to Corbin past two years.

My post was in response to a prior post and only about speed. It should have been taken as a compliment to both kids.

I'll stand by what I said. If Quisenberry is definitively faster than Carter, he has a future in track if he wants it.

Was meaning that this final erased any doubt about who the top two teams in 4A were.

Gotcha!!!  No doubt about it.  There were two giants and the rest were midgets.
09-12-2023, 05:36 PM

Boyle County is 5 Touchdowns better than any team in 4A right now in my opinion.  Lets make sure to keep this in context. They can definately get better but I know what I see.

11-11-2023, 07:42 PM
Corbin vs Boyle. It's a shame this game couldn't be decided for all the marbles in the finals. 3RD Round Game for all the marbles between in my opinion the #1 team in the State of Kentucky vs the #2 Team in Class 4A.

1st of all I want to say for those who think Corbin is just a fluke team and they will just roll over. NO. They are the real deal. Corbin has some very elite talent themselves and it will show once the game is played. I'll start with Kid Elam. This QB is one of my favorites. I love the passing on a dime and the reads. He is tuff. Now he is the difference maker for Corbin. Then I'll go to my next favorite player in Carter Stewart. I really like this kid. He just needs to be utilized more.... Now on the defense, I for the first time have got to see two 4 stars play on the same team. They are better than advertised and just flat out can tear a offense apart. Corbin has the right amount of fire power to pull a upset at Boyle. Make no mistake about it. They are better than some may think.

Keys for a Corbin win: Corbin has to let Kid Elam control the game in the air and not by running the ball. IF you see Corbin running, then you can figure what will most likely happen.  Corbin's defense has to keep the Boyle offense off the field and in short possessions when they do have the ball. Defense has to create turnovers and keep the Corbin offense on the field.  If Corbin creates turnovers and can have success on both offense and defense, Corbin can win.

Boyle County: This is the best Boyle County team I have seen since Haddix has taken over. He has this team playing the best football at the right time. Boyle has a fast-striking offense and is capable of breaking a scoreboard any game they play. Weapons all over the field. Haddix no doubt will be on top of this one with his touch on the play calling. Defensively Boyle is better than some may think. Frederick Douglass at home is a different animal and Boyle made them like it. I witnessed it. That last quarter, they lined up and ran it down their throat and said stop us if you can. Now that was something to see in person. 1 yard line to a touchdown after 99 yards and running 9 minutes off the clock. That wowed me.

Keys for a Boyle win: Boyle just needs to keep doing what they have already done to every team they have played. Play hard and score at will. This will be the biggest test as Corbin has the best 2 players that Boyle will see on the field this season defensively. Boyle has to play call and take the twins out of the game and expose Corbin's weakness. Make no mistake about it, Haddix is just the man for the job. He has played against this kind of talent as a player and as a coach, knows how to beat them. Boyle has the best offensive team I have ever seen. Defensively Boyle has to limit Kid Elams downfield passes and keep the Corbin offense on the sideline. If successful on both sides of the ball Boyle wins.

Both teams know what's at stake. 

Boyle 28
Corbin 14

Just in case you forgot what I actually said, let me put it on here and the dates when it was said.... Smile I stand by my predictions...

Before anyone asks about 2025

Boyle 5 straight based on what I know right now.. 12/3/2023 

Corbin got better and slid inside the 5TD mark just as I stated on 9/12 that teams could get better. Arguably at that time Corbin may have been inside the 5 TD mark, but when I saw them against Lexington Catholic, I personally thought there offense was stagnet and I'll stand by what I say. But Corbin got better and proved that when they played Boyle.  I still was about spot on with my predictions on how I thought it would play out. Boyle was the best team I saw in person this year and the most consistent. Sure I'll argue with anyone that Corbin is the 2cd best team in the state of Kentucky in 2023. I believe they were. 

Aug 19, 23 Gibson Southern (Fort Branch), IN at Western Kentucky University (W) 36 - 6 Rafferty's Bowl
Aug 26, 23 Lexington Christian home (W) 47 - 38  Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank 
Sep 1, 23 Danville away (W) 56 - 0 
Sep 8, 23 Scott County home (W) 54 - 21 
Sep 15, 23 Taylor County away (W) 48 - 3 
Sep 22, 23 Lexington Catholic home (W) 56 - 21 
Oct 6, 23 Russell County away (W) 49 - 7 
Oct 13, 23 Lincoln County home (W) 58 - 14 
Oct 20, 23 Wayne County home (W) 49 - 14 
Oct 27, 23 Frederick Douglass away (W) 28 - 7 
Nov 2, 23 Whitley County home (W) 41 - 6  Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 10, 23 Perry County Central home (W) 49 - 0  Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 17, 23 Corbin home (W) 21 - 14 Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 24, 23 Franklin County away (W) 41 - 14 Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Dec 1, 23 Covington Catholic at Kroger Field, Lexington (W) 41 - 0  Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k.../?id=89742

Are you kidding?  He thinks they won THIS year.  Just didn't have more points on the board, but that doesn't matter.
[-] The following 5 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 64SUR, Deuce8, HighViz, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(12-03-2023, 07:00 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:

Are you kidding?  He thinks they won THIS year.  Just didn't have more points on the board, but that doesn't matter.
I believe OHS wants me to make my 2024 predictions Corbin vs Boyle County 
Boyle County 49
Corbin 14
(12-03-2023, 09:13 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:

I'm curious as to what the Covington Catholic people think about Boyle's speed compared to Paducah Tilghman's?  How they feel about Martels Carter vs Quisenberry now?

Heard a story from camps this summer.  4 or 5 Rebels attended a 1 day camp at the U of WV.  Va Tech was also there with some smaller schools.  I was told that Tavi's 40 time was in the 4.4 range.  They also said there were 8 or 9 dudes there that were also in the 4.4 range including Demauriah Brown.  So in the straight line sprint there were several there as fast as he was.  The said the difference was when they did the shuttle run.  Said he made all of the other 4.4 40 guys look like kids.  Said it wasn't close and couple of their coaches said they weren't sure if they'd ever seen anyone faster.  Of course if you offer a kid you are going to tell him a lot of things.  

He is fast, but it's the starting and stopping and cuts that make him special.  Just my opinion of course.
[-] The following 3 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cactus Jack, Jack Lambert
(12-03-2023, 07:02 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 07:00 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:

I believe OHS wants me to make my 2024 predictions Corbin vs Boyle County 
Boyle County 49
Corbin 14

I think you were subliminally calling me OH S**t .

Boyle is absolutely the favorites but if the good ol' RPI has Corbin ahead of Boyle next year, it'll be a battle at Campbell Field.  We will bring in several more highly paid hired guns to take out the Evil Empire . Maybe we'll get some 5-stars in '24.  Don't count on that fifth straight title yet, Titletown.
Listen fellas I’m gonna post this and I’m taking a serious BGR break…Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades…Boyle Co is the State Champion, Undefeated. There was no better team in 4A if there had been then they would have beat them, I wish things where different but there just not, the scoreboard and trophy presentation don’t lie…Again Merry CHRISTmas!!!
[-] The following 6 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, CC117, Cowboy42, Granny Bear, HighViz