Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2024 15th region
Can anyone knock off Pikeville
Nope and if what I’m hearing comes to pass they might have enough pitching to win a state title.
(12-02-2023, 06:20 PM)RTruth Wrote: Nope and if what I’m hearing comes to pass they might have enough pitching to win a state title.
Whatever happened with that rumor?
(12-02-2023, 06:20 PM)RTruth Wrote: Nope and if what I’m hearing comes to pass they might have enough pitching to win a state title.
They already have enough pitching to win another All-A state title. Starting pitching w/ Duty, Thompson, Ryan and more will be outstanding.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • RTruth
(01-20-2024, 12:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
They already have enough pitching to win another All-A state title. Starting pitching w/ Duty, Thompson, Ryan and more will be outstanding.

Keep hearing about a big time pitcher from Central Kentucky coming as well. Duty will be dominate, Thompson is an absolute stud on the mound and at the plate, and Ryan has all the potential in the world.
Pikeville was 1 more pitcher shy of possibly winning a state title in I believe was 1999 and 2010….they could possibly have all the ingredients in 2024.
1.Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. Floyd Central
4. Pike Central
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-28-2024, 07:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: 1.Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. Floyd Central
4. Pike Central
No Lawrence Co or Paintsville?
(01-29-2024, 12:40 AM)Eastside 01 Wrote:
2. Johnson Central
3. Floyd Central
4. Pike Central
I think Lawrence lost too much and Paintsville lost their Ace pitcher
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-29-2024, 01:52 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
2. Johnson Central
3. Floyd Central
4. Pike Central

1. Pikeville
2. Pike Central
3. Johnson Central

This is my top 3 teams preseason. Pikeville has the pitching talent and depth and deserves to be ranked number 1. Pike Central and Johnson Central also return a lot of talent. Johnson Central could easily be ranked 2 and Pike Central 3.
(01-30-2024, 12:33 AM)Tigers Fan Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 01:52 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
2. Johnson Central
3. Floyd Central
4. Pike Central

1. Pikeville
2. Pike Central
3. Johnson Central

This is my top 3 teams preseason. Pikeville has the pitching talent and depth and deserves to be ranked number 1. Pike Central and Johnson Central also return a lot of talent. Johnson Central could easily be ranked 2 and Pike Central 3.

I can get behind this for sure.  My darkhorse is Floyd Central though, they return a lot and so much young talent coming up this year as freshman they are loaded for the next four years in baseball.
#BBFL
Panthers out on the field today. Huge advantage for them to be able to get out after all the rain that has fell in our area the last few days.
(02-13-2024, 09:39 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Panthers out on the field today. Huge advantage for them to be able to get out after all the rain that has fell in our area the last few days.

Pretty much entire team out there as well. Going to be a great year!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Micro-Brew
I have high expectations as well RT
1. Pikeville

2. Johnson Central
3. Pike Central

As long as Shane Simpkins is at Pikeville, they’re gonna consistently be a top 3 team in this region, even in a “rebuilding” year. Can’t ever count out a Shawn Hall team either.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
JC has a lot of young talent on their team this year. Lots of freshmen will have to be impact players. Shawn Hall will have them playing their best baseball by the end of year.
A simple answer, No. I don’t see anyone in the region that will be able to knock Pikeville off. 15th Region is pretty much their’s to lose. They have too much talent. Defense is great. Offense is solid. And pitching is their strong point. Thompson & Duty are the two best pitchers in the region. Ryan being third in rotation is solid as well. They have more pitchers like Hall and Wright that will also contribute with quality innings. So unless something very, very crazy happens, all the other teams are just playing to see who will lose to Pikeville in the championship.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MayorofFlavortown's post:
  • RTruth
1. Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. Paintsville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Prestonsburg
6. Lawrence Co.
7. Pike Central
8. Floyd Central
9. Belfry
10. East Ridge
11. Betsy Layne
12. Martin Co.
13. Phelps
14. Magoffin Co.
Saw where Pikeville only beat Breathitt 3-2. Don't have any information on the game though.
Breathitt is a solid ball club.

Valley took extra innings to beat Belfry last night.

Can’t judge anyone by first game.

Region is Pikevilles to lose barring injuries.

Lawrence and JC have a shot because coaching and tradition and they have good players too.

Paintsville is a year away

Pike Central has 1 arm that can beat any of the top 3 but can they hit?
(03-12-2024, 10:45 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Saw where Pikeville only beat Breathitt 3-2. Don't have any information on the game though.

They pitched Dylan Thompson, his younger brother Kaiden Thompson who is in 8th grade and then finished with Sam Wright.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-12-2024, 10:45 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Saw where Pikeville only beat Breathitt 3-2. Don't have any information on the game though.

Only? Breathitt won the 14th last year and is ranked in some state wide polls this year.
(03-13-2024, 12:42 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

They pitched Dylan Thompson, his younger brother Kaiden Thompson who is in 8th grade and then finished with Sam Wright.

This Pikeville team could be special.
(03-13-2024, 01:07 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Only? Breathitt won the 14th last year and is ranked in some state wide polls this year.
No disrespect intended using the work only. I was saying it was a good showing for them. My bad for bad terminology.
Lawrence County beat Paintsville 9-4 yesterday. Looks like the Tigers will be extremely young this year as they are playing a ton of freshmen.
(03-13-2024, 09:59 AM)Bluecat Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 01:07 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

No disrespect intended using the work only. I was saying it was a good showing for them. My bad for bad terminology.

All good Bluecat!
(03-13-2024, 11:38 AM)Mr. D Wrote: Lawrence County beat Paintsville 9-4 yesterday. Looks like the Tigers will be extremely young this year as they are playing a ton of freshmen.
And putting up with a ton of nut job parents all ready. Coach McCormick is facing an uphill battle with this bunch.
(03-13-2024, 11:14 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 11:38 AM)Mr. D Wrote: Lawrence County beat Paintsville 9-4 yesterday. Looks like the Tigers will be extremely young this year as they are playing a ton of freshmen.
And putting up with a ton of nut job parents all ready. Coach McCormick is facing an uphill battle with this bunch.
Lol.  I thought sure things would have to be alllll downhill, after no longer having to deal anymore with the 2nd worst baseball Mom in PHS history.
(03-13-2024, 11:19 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 11:14 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote:
Lol.  I thought sure things would have to be alllll downhill, after no longer having to deal anymore with the 2nd worst baseball Mom in PHS history.
You’d think so but this young group is full of nut parents and one that thinks that just because their kid doesn't come out of the game in basketball should translate over to baseball. Just curious who’s the worst baseball mom? Big Ton was in another league by herself of nut jobs.
I’ve watched a few games this week and saw recaps on several others and I’ve come to two early conclusions. First, Pikeville still has to be the odds on favorite to win region AND possibly make some noise at state. Yeah they struggled to hit the ball the other night & that will happen from time to time. But pitching is too deep & defense won’t hurt them. Second, it’s waaaaay too early to tell about anything else. Paintsville is young but could be special sooner than people think. Floyd has some young talent with a mix of upperclassmen. Valley is solid. JC is JC. They will always be near the top. PCC picked by many to finish near top lost to Martin Co last night which was unexpected even with Hager out. So who knows anything about Martin Co? And how will PCC be when Hager does come back if it takes him a while to get back into game form. I think Lawrence County is being slept on. They are well coached and have good talent. Belfry started season this week with lineup of 5 freshmen, 2 sophomores, & 1 senior and missing Varney so who knows how that is going to turn out. Things should definitely be interesting this year even though I still say it’s Pikeville’s to lose & everybody else is playing for second. Also, not trying to disrespect teams I didn’t mention. I just don’t know anything about them so I don’t want to speak on them other than Pburg should be solid as well with a lot of returning players.