Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Championship Venue
(12-05-2023, 04:51 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Kids don't want to play at EKU or WKU they want to play on a P5 field.

Kentucky or Louisville.

Somebody fact check me, but Louisville would be the central location.

Phelps to Cardinal Stadium 3HR 59M
Fulton Co to Cardinal Stadium 3HR 51M
Neither Phelps nor Fulton are getting to either venue.  KHSAA wants the game to be at Kroger Field….that’s why it’s there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • Deuce8
I too think most kids would rather play at Kroger Field
I agree the kids love it. Only speaking about the 4A game and it was just as loud down on the field as any other game Boyle has played this year. You don't pay attention to the empty seats during the game.
It is the same for both teams, but it's not hard work to get the extensions and to put down temporary hash marks so teams get to play under the actual National Federation High School rules. I've seen other games in Division I stadiums where they're able to get that done. Feels like either the KHSAA or UK folks are just being lazy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dodger's post:
  • Diogenes
The only complaint I have with watching games at Kroger Field is that so many games in the past have been decided on missed PAT's/field goals that would've been good in high school stadiums. They don't move the 3 point line back in the sweet 16 because games are being played in Rupp, not sure why the field goal posts cant' be widened.
(12-12-2023, 11:38 AM)dodger Wrote: It is the same for both teams, but it's not hard work to get the extensions and to put down temporary hash marks so teams get to play under the actual National Federation High School rules.  I've seen other games in Division I stadiums where they're able to get that done.  Feels like either the KHSAA or UK folks are just being lazy.

They are absolutely being lazy about it.  Zero reason why teams should play 14 games on NFHS regulation fields all season long and then play the most important game of the season on a field with completely different dimensions.  Don't care about "well, both teams have to play on it"; the point is, they shouldn't HAVE to, as the most important high school game of the season should be played on a regulation high school field, or else it becomes a substantially different game from what they've all played and practiced for all season (and yes, the same thing applies to a 94 foot college floor vs an 84 foot standard HS floor in the state basketball finals).  There is no justifiable reason to entirely disregard the NFHS rules for the finals, period, especially if it's being done for the convenience of the host or the apathy of the state association.
I say let EKU and WKU host it every other year...it would be MUCH BETTER!!!
Personally I love having it at Kroger Field and hope it stays there for the foreseeable future.
I loved playing at the old Cardinal Stadium!

(12-05-2023, 01:19 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: Nope.  Nope. Nope.  Leave it alone.    Speaking for my own son who won a championship on WKU’s field and also won one at Kroger Field.  Simply no comparison in atmosphere and the allure of playing on UK’s field.

(12-13-2023, 12:14 PM)FarristownFlyer Wrote: I say let EKU and WKU host it every other year...it would be MUCH BETTER!!!

WKU is horrible for the games. I’m friends with a coach of a certain team who I won’t mention. He said when they played down there in the finals they didn’t even have locker rooms to change or Take showers. He said they had to get dressed on the baseball field.
I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome y’all back to Commonwealth Stadium every year until UK decides it’s not going to host anymore, and my thoughts on Western is that it was terrible , I didn’t care for Poppa Johns either but it was a lot better than Western, IMO Commonwealth is exactly where they the State Title games should stay!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
If people are worried about attendance Ohio has the same issues. The numbers for attendance for championship games have been declining for years. I personally think it’s due to being able to watch the games live. If we went to a taped delay I believe more would come to the games in all classes.
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert