Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville 2024
(12-11-2023, 10:22 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Why is nobody blasting board members? Aren't they the string pullers? You know, Ads, you can vote these people out.

Danville can't get anyone to run for the board.  And those elected keep resigning before their tenure is up.  Symbolizes the chaos in lots of things.  But again, the board can't get involved in hiring decisions so their power here us limited, to a degree.
Why? Is there some secret Danville Mafia breaking kneecaps?
(12-12-2023, 10:49 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Why? Is there some secret Danville Mafia breaking kneecaps?

Ha, no but I just don't see a lot of interest, especially people with kids in the system like it used to be.  Not sure why that is.

But Danville's BOE is to blame for the mess.  Keith Look never should have been terminated as superintendent in 2018, which happened via a 3 to 2 vote.  Danville faculty were against that, as were a lot of community members and their wishes were disregarded. All of those who voted for his dismissal are gone but the damage remains because the new superintendent came in, started stripping resources, and canned Clevenger.  And the Ads have lost lots of teachers, donors, and good kids since.

So all that to say that the BOE won't be the savior most think it will be, at least until people in the community run who want to get things back to where they were 6 years ago.
(12-13-2023, 02:54 AM)AdsFanatic Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 10:49 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Why? Is there some secret Danville Mafia breaking kneecaps?

Ha, no but I just don't see a lot of interest, especially people with kids in the system like it used to be.  Not sure why that is.

But Danville's BOE is to blame for the mess.  Keith Look never should have been terminated as superintendent in 2018, which happened via a 3 to 2 vote.  Danville faculty were against that, as were a lot of community members and their wishes were disregarded. All of those who voted for his dismissal are gone but the damage remains because the new superintendent came in, started stripping resources, and canned Clevenger.  And the Ads have lost lots of teachers, donors, and good kids since.

So all that to say that the BOE won't be the savior most think it will be, at least until people in the community run who want to get things back to where they were 6 years ago.

I'll echo everything AdsFanatic said. 

The BOE's actions, including the failure to act, removed confidence in the board whilst running the fanbase out. For substantive change in the BOE, Danville needs an active fanbase with confidence in the board. Catch-22. Danville is locked in a cycle that will take a lot of effort to break. I don't see that happening anytime soon. I certainly wouldn't want to run for the board.
Who were these board members? Let's see names.
Steve Becker

Glenn Ball

Only 2 currently serving who were a part of the fiasco. Becker was actually the chair at the time it all went down.
Danville OC Trenton Fields just named East Jessamine HFC.  Parks was advertising for a DC and oline coach as well.
(12-14-2023, 01:13 PM)slotfade Wrote: Danville OC Trenton Fields just named East Jessamine HFC.  Parks was advertising for a DC and oline coach as well.
Who would want a job at Danville? I’m not necessarily asking for potential coaches to fill these positions, but I’m genuinely asking why anyone would want to work there?
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Red Eminence's post:
  • Sonnyboy
(12-13-2023, 04:25 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Who were these board members? Let's see names.
becker is a disaster ....  its a joke hes back on the board
Aren't they popularly elected positions?
(12-19-2023, 11:57 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Aren't they popularly elected positions?

They are. In the November 2022 election five candidates ran for five board seats. Often these are uncontested elections with one candidate per open seat. Of the five that ran and were elected, two have already resigned. One moved out of the district. One resigned in frustration around the recent superintendent hiring process. Both could have really helped the school system as members of the board. Prior to them, three others recently resigned to move to other areas. At this point many people that care live outside of the boundaries of the school district so cannot run for the board. Others know it will take years of improvement that’s likely not to come and therefore conclude in their children’s interest to enroll them at Boyle. You’ll need three like minded candidates to be elected to effect much change. One person alone won’t make headway with the current school board members. It has been quite the soap opera. Too much to attempt to explain here. It’s more complicated than just vote them out because there just isn’t a field of candidates to choose from. You’re lucky to have one, maybe a field of two. A lot of alumni that care don’t even live in the state, certainly not within the school district. It feels hopeless.
[-] The following 2 users Like Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • AdsFanatic, Sonnyboy
2a football is better when Danville is good.
(12-27-2023, 02:50 PM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote: 2a football is better when Danville is good.

Kentucky High School football as a whole is better when Danville is good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shogun's post:
  • Hatz
(12-27-2023, 06:35 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 02:50 PM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote: 2a football is better when Danville is good.

I can’t disagree with you on that!
(12-29-2023, 10:06 PM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote:

I disagree with this comment for any school and I think it’s an odd egotistical type comment as well. It’s better for Danville I guess but outside of your city limits nobody cares about Danville football or any school for that matter. Danville hasn’t made it past the 2nd round of playoffs in 6yrs and may not for another 6yrs, Kentucky football has been and will continue to be just fine with our without any individual team.

Now if you would have said 4a football as a whole is better when Danville is good I maybe could go with that. Because then maybe Boyle Co wouldn’t take your best players and other teams would have a chance in 4a ??
(12-31-2023, 12:02 PM)fansville Wrote:

I disagree with this comment for any school and I think it’s an odd egotistical type comment as well. It’s better for Danville I guess but outside of your city limits nobody cares about Danville football or any school for that matter. Danville hasn’t made it past the 2nd round of playoffs in 6yrs and may not for another 6yrs, Kentucky football has been and will continue to be just fine with our without any individual team.

Now if you would have said 4a football as a whole is better when Danville is good I maybe could go with that. Because then maybe Boyle Co wouldn’t take your best players and other teams would have a chance in 4a ??
Ky football is better when Danville is good. Heck I’m not even a Danville fan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sportsfan4848's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(01-01-2024, 10:19 AM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote:

Neither am I, quite the opposite in fact. He's bitter about something I guess.  Undecided
(01-02-2024, 03:27 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 10:19 AM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 06:35 PM)Shogun Wrote: Kentucky High School football as a whole is better when Danville is good.

Neither am I, quite the opposite in fact. He's bitter about something I guess.  Undecided

haha what do I have to be bitter about pal? I have nothing to be bitter about! Like I said before I’m not even a Danville fan! I’m a Beechwood grad and former player! I felt sorry for those kids when they came up here last year! It’s sad what the school administration  has done to that program!
This is from the outside looking in. Maybe it’s just me but Superintendents need to understand importance of sports. I understand academics and things like that and what needs to be done for kids that don’t play sports but, what kids come to school the most? What kids try to get good grades? What kids can be positive role models while sharing their gift of talent to their community youngsters? That’s right athletes. I’m all for good academics and things like that but most of your student population plays some kind of sport. For a superintendent to go into a job thinking of stripping youth programs or pulling the budget for sports. They need to realize they are hurting the main student population that cares about coming to school and that cares about their community as a whole. They put the name of your town or county across their chest and wear it. So help those kids out with a good hire and when you have a coach like Clevenger, you don’t let him go. You keep him around 25-30 years and have stability for your program. I don’t know I just feel that sports are a very important part of the school system. It shouldn’t be treated like a rec league basketball program.
[-] The following 2 users Like Oldschool86's post:
  • AdsFanatic, The Red Eminence
(01-09-2024, 11:28 AM)Oldschool86 Wrote: This is from the outside looking in. Maybe it’s just me but Superintendents need to understand importance of sports. I understand academics and things like that and what needs to be done for kids that don’t play sports but, what kids come to school the most? What kids try to get good grades? What kids can be positive role models while sharing their gift of talent to their community youngsters? That’s right athletes. I’m all for good academics and things like that but most of your student population plays some kind of sport. For a superintendent to go into a job thinking of stripping youth programs or pulling the budget for sports. They need to realize they are hurting the main student population that cares about coming to school and that cares about their community as a whole. They put the name of your town or county across their chest and wear it. So help those kids out with a good hire and when you have a coach like Clevenger, you don’t let him go. You keep him around 25-30 years and have stability for your program. I don’t know I just feel that sports are a very important part of the school system. It shouldn’t be treated like a rec league basketball program.
??
(01-13-2024, 11:02 PM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 11:28 AM)Oldschool86 Wrote: This is from the outside looking in. Maybe it’s just me but Superintendents need to understand importance of sports. I understand academics and things like that and what needs to be done for kids that don’t play sports but, what kids come to school the most? What kids try to get good grades? What kids can be positive role models while sharing their gift of talent to their community youngsters? That’s right athletes. I’m all for good academics and things like that but most of your student population plays some kind of sport. For a superintendent to go into a job thinking of stripping youth programs or pulling the budget for sports. They need to realize they are hurting the main student population that cares about coming to school and that cares about their community as a whole. They put the name of your town or county across their chest and wear it. So help those kids out with a good hire and when you have a coach like Clevenger, you don’t let him go. You keep him around 25-30 years and have stability for your program. I don’t know I just feel that sports are a very important part of the school system. It shouldn’t be treated like a rec league basketball program.
??
It is certainly a shame. You couldn't be more correct about what high school sports mean to a community.