Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot takes on 4A for 2024
Now that Boyle has finished the job, let’s hear your hot takes for 2024. Who’s rising? Who’s taking a step back? Does Boyle do it again? Players to watch? Predictions?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Bull got out!
Boyle does it again after dominating the portal and still having Quisenberry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Khalisimo's post:
  • IAM22
My hot take; Boyle owns it. Would hate to be in 4A. Five in a row next year is likely.
Corbin won’t make the title game again.

I’d say Boyle wins another but we all know that’s coming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Cowboy42
Boyle. Period. Not sure who steps up to get the pleasure of the “Kroger Woodshed” beating. Ashland would have to rent a defense and I’m not sure where Cov Cath, Tilghman, Corbin, and the other contenders this year stand as far as graduation is concerned. Won’t matter though….
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • Holy Bull
Boyle should be as good or maybe better next year, it’s a good time to be a Rebel fan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • The Red Eminence
Boyles reign over this state will stay as long as haddix and quisenberry walk the sidelines. 53-3, could go 68-3 after next year unless FD can return to prominence, or they schedule a top 25 out of state team.

Best high school football team i’ve seen in person, in modern times this team and 2020 Trinity would be a crazy game to witness. Best offense vs best defense in the 21st centuries.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!
Championship weekend and the games are still going on, but we have to start a bunch of 2024 threads already. No patience whatsoever.
(12-02-2023, 06:13 PM)know1 Wrote: Championship weekend and the games are still going on, but we have to start a bunch of 2024 threads already. No patience whatsoever.
I started the threads upon completion of the games. You don’t have to read or reply if you don’t enjoy looking forward. Didn’t know there was a time and date we should wait before having some fun speculation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Bull got out!
Coach Haddix will get his 5th straight title in 2024......... as new coach of the Corbin Redhounds!!! :)

I don't think there was any doubt that Corbin and Boyle were the best two teams in KY in '23. Boyle certainly deserved their state title. They(I mean Quis') made the big plays two weeks ago when they needed them and Corbin didn't. I still feel like if the two teams played on a neutral field Corbin would win by a score or two. Boyle is well deserving of their trophy, though.
Corbin without a doubt would have won 5A and 6A this year but they where in the same bracket as Boyle and only one was able to advance past the region.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Old School 18, Old School Hound
Go (Whitley County) Colonels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Glory_Days
(12-02-2023, 06:13 PM)know1 Wrote: Championship weekend and the games are still going on, but we have to start a bunch of 2024 threads already. No patience whatsoever.

Need to get you a Corbin Redhounds sippy cup and bib for Christmas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42
(12-02-2023, 06:22 PM)Belichick Wrote:
I started the threads upon completion of the games. You don’t have to read or reply if you don’t enjoy looking forward. Didn’t know there was a time and date we should wait before having some fun speculation.

She is a well known whiner. lol
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Belichick, Cowboy42, Old School Hound
(12-02-2023, 09:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 06:22 PM)Belichick Wrote:

She is a well known whiner. lol
What would people on here say you were well known for? My guess is it had nothing to do with actual football knowledge.
(12-02-2023, 06:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Coach Haddix will get his 5th straight title in 2024.........  as new coach of the Corbin Redhounds!!!    Smile 

I don't think there was any doubt that Corbin and Boyle were the best two teams in KY in '23.  Boyle certainly deserved their state title. They(I mean Quis') made the big plays two weeks ago when they needed them and Corbin didn't.  I still feel like if the two teams played on a neutral field Corbin would win by a score or two.  Boyle is well deserving of their trophy, though.
Old School bubby he ain’t coming back, Bull Got Out will tell you I told him this a few years ago, the old guard won’t step aside and allow it to happen, even if you could convince him to come…. 

A lot of where Corbin stands next year depends on who’s coaching the team and what talent we’re able to keep, I’ve heard of several kids maybe transferring…The junior class is pretty loaded but I don’t think there is enough talent to compete with and beat Boyle or even make it the game that it’s been the last couple years, hope I’m wrong and you never know what kids may move in during the off season….

Merry CHRISTmas to all of BGR if I don’t get a chance to wish it again before it gets here…Hopefully everyone on here is blessed to have one of the best ever…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(12-03-2023, 01:12 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 06:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Coach Haddix will get his 5th straight title in 2024.........  as new coach of the Corbin Redhounds!!!    Smile 

I don't think there was any doubt that Corbin and Boyle were the best two teams in KY in '23.  Boyle certainly deserved their state title. They(I mean Quis') made the big plays two weeks ago when they needed them and Corbin didn't.  I still feel like if the two teams played on a neutral field Corbin would win by a score or two.  Boyle is well deserving of their trophy, though.
Old School bubby he ain’t coming back, Bull Got Out will tell you I told him this a few years ago, the old guard won’t step aside and allow it to happen, even if you could convince him to come…. 

A lot of where Corbin stands next year depends on who’s coaching the team and what talent we’re able to keep, I’ve heard of several kids maybe transferring…The junior class is pretty loaded but I don’t think there is enough talent to compete with and beat Boyle or even make it the game that it’s been the last couple years, hope I’m wrong and you never know what kids may move in during the off season….

Merry CHRISTmas to all of BGR if I don’t get a chance to wish it again before it gets here…Hopefully everyone on here is blessed to have one of the best ever…
Thank you, sir. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and your family , as well. You're right about the Corbin Old Guard. It would probably be easier to convince Haddix to come back here than it would be to convince the old farts in Corbin to step aside for the betterment of the program. Corbin has been paralyzed by guys like Dave Cox and Burley Foley for over forty years. I don't see it changing in my lifetime. Corbin has been this way for as long as I can remember. Good Ol' Boy politics at it's worst.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Deuce8
(12-02-2023, 09:30 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Go (Whitley County) Colonels.
Yeah, OK………. 

colonels will never win district again…. you got that 08 team to brag about though….

(12-02-2023, 07:13 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Boyle without a doubt would have won 5A and 6A this year but they where in the same bracket as Boyle and only one was able to advance past the region.
hm
I heard the Estepp kid from Corbin is going to Boyle County next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan33's post:
  • Deuce8
(12-03-2023, 02:49 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I heard the Estepp kid from Corbin is going to Boyle County next year.
Is that even necessary? They my as well hire Bart so they can get kade too and nobody will definitely stand a chance then.
(12-03-2023, 02:49 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I heard the Estepp kid from Corbin is going to Boyle County next year.
I guess nothing is impossible, but I think Estep's dad is on the Corbin baseball coaching staff.
The Esteps are synonymous with Corbin athletics, and have been for decades. Chris, Chad, Chase, Cam , it's all about the C's, folk... If Haddix could pull off the recruitment of an Estep to Boyle it would be quite the coup. If Justin can convince Estep to high hurdle his way over to Danville, it might just break Cox, Foley, Hart, Greer& company. Chase, btw, is now in the NY Mets organization. He played for Justin. In fact, it was Chase who was stopped short on the two-pt. conversion in the '18 20-19 loss to Central.

Bottomline, unless it's just a Haddix-Estep lovefest thingy or a kid chasing a ring thingy, an Estep will NEVER transfer to the Evil Empire from Corbin.
Evil Empire that's funny.
Boyle beats Paducah in the finals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • BEChargers
(12-03-2023, 01:12 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Boyle beats Paducah in the finals.

Does Paducah bring back most of there team? Or the two big transfers are they coming back?
Haha… I’d love to see Cam at Boyle next year..I don’t believe for a second it would happen but if it did I’d jump straight up and down and I’d hurdle the Greerend myself. The BOE would have a meltdown if The esteps went to Boyle and I’d love to see it happen.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz
Heard they had offered daddy Estep a deputy job and assistant baseball job. Heard it was a done deal. Haddix don’t offer cars and homes like Tom though . So I expect this to come down to the wire. I did see Chad, chase, cam and Mace on the Boyle side during the championship game not wearing red.
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Jack Lambert
(12-03-2023, 01:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 01:12 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Boyle beats Paducah in the finals.

Does Paducah bring back most of there team? Or the two big transfers are they coming back?

Yes they were juniors.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Bull got out!
4A to me for next season is simply Boyle Co. and then everyone else!
[-] The following 2 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Jack Lambert, toolaidback
(12-02-2023, 07:13 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Corbin without a doubt would have won 5A and 6A this year but they where in the same bracket as Boyle and only one was able to advance past the region.

Doubt that.. Bowling Green much better than Corbin. I’d like to see Greer put Bowling Green and Southwestern and Cooper and Trinity on regular season schedule next year so all the quess work will be removed. Schedule tougher competition to prepare for playoffs. Corbin wants a watered down schedule in hopes of keeping all four playoff games at home so it’ll give them 50/50 chance at winning state in final. Good strategy but it don’t work because Boyle will always be waiting in game 3,4,5. So play someone throughout season away from Campbell field..Congrats Boyle County..btw, I didn’t see Corbin in final four so they are somewhere between 5 and 8 and I’ll let you guys decide where while you’re at it..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Deuce8