Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hot takes for 1A for 2024
Pikeville made it a 3 peat! What happens in 2024? Post your hot takes. Does Pikeville make it 4 in a row? Teams rising? Who’s taking a step back? Players to watch? Predictions?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Bull got out!
Hot take: pikeville puts a running clock on every team they play in the playoffs and 4 peats.

Hot take 2: Sayre is the second best 1A team in 24
I have no clue who anyone brings back or what the talent level is but unless some of these good 2A teams drop back to 1A then the best bet is money on Pikeville.
Raceland loses a ton from graduation and will take a step back. Raceland will still be competitive but nowhere near where they’ve been the last 2 years. Raceland will fall to being the 3-4 team in Class A next season. I agree with another poster that Sayre will be #2 next year but that doesn’t matter because Pikeville will run through the class.
I agree on Sayre. I think they could have a chance with some additions from other Lexington area teams. They have to be able to run some and stop the run but they have a great QB and some receivers who can play.
Sayre and the transfers they will get will have the only chance against Pikeville.
Same book different chapter. Pikeville 4 peats. Raceland and Sayre fight it out for a chance to get thumped I’d say. Raceland will take a bit of a step back in 24. But will still be competitive in the playoffs and imo, still make the semis. I just don’t think 1A is very good. But it makes things more competitive for the class as a whole. But Pikeville gets back to true Pikeville form next year, Imo.
I look for Campbellsville, Middlesboro, Sayre and Racelamd to be the teams that follow Pikeville in that order. But I still see Pikeville bringing home #4 in a row.
(12-02-2023, 05:58 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: I look for Campbellsville, Middlesboro, Sayre and Racelamd to be the teams that follow Pikeville in that order. But I still see Pikeville bringing home #4 in a row.
Campbellsville was the 2nd best team in 1A this year and return their outstanding QB but lost a lot of key pieces. Less sure how capable they are of adding pieces or reloading. Middlesboro and Raceland both in same boat. Both lose a lot including their QBs. Middlesboro numbers also didn’t look great. KCD losing good players. Rounding out some of the top RPI teams, anybody see NCC, Paris, or  Louisville Holy Cross taking a step forward?
Hot take, the gap between Raceland and Pikeville was as close as it’s been in years. This was anybody’s game for three quarters of the game. The ineptness of Raceland’s head coach to game plan on offense is ridiculous. He was way too conservative. Noah Wallace should’ve had twice as many carries as he did yesterday and what ever happens to trying to stretch the field. Pikeville made adjustments at halftime and Raceland didn’t. This game should make every fan at Raceland ten kinds of made, especially the parents of all those seniors. But I’m guessing at the end of the day everyone is happy with how involved the Raceland head coach is with the little and the warm and fuzzy that give them.
(12-02-2023, 06:14 PM)Belichick Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 05:58 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: I look for Campbellsville, Middlesboro, Sayre and Racelamd to be the teams that follow Pikeville in that order. But I still see Pikeville bringing home #4 in a row.
Campbellsville was the 2nd best team in 1A this year and return their outstanding QB but lost a lot of key pieces. Less sure how capable they are of adding pieces or reloading. Middlesboro and Raceland both in same boat. Both lose a lot including their QBs. Middlesboro numbers also didn’t look great. KCD losing good players. Rounding out some of the top RPI teams, anybody see NCC, Paris, or  Louisville Holy Cross taking a step forward?
Once again take your homer glasses off. Two runs done the Rams in. Pikeville never got the ball inside Racelands 35 yard line. If Raceland plays with safeties Pikeville doesn’t score and it’s a 0-0 tie. The great trick play inside the ten and the wild cat first and ten inside the 20 took the Rams out of scoring drives. You keep screaming stupid stuff. The Rams moved the ball all day but couldn’t get in the end zone. Now I’m gonna do something you fail to do and that’s give the opposing team respect and credit for some of the reasons they didn’t finish off drives. At the end of the third quarter the rams was leading in every statistical category except the one that matters and that was on the score board. Stop trolling and spouting off at the finger tips
Middlesboro loses every bit of offense they had. They will be lucky to get out of the district. No way they are in this conversation, 7-8 wins with a cupcake schedule, out by second round.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • HCS
(12-02-2023, 07:06 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 06:14 PM)Belichick Wrote:
Once again take your homer glasses off. Two runs done the Rams in. Pikeville never got the ball inside Racelands 35 yard line. If Raceland plays with safeties Pikeville doesn’t score and it’s a 0-0 tie. The great trick play inside the ten and the wild cat first and ten inside the 20 took the Rams out of scoring drives. You keep screaming stupid stuff. The Rams moved the ball all day but couldn’t get in the end zone. Now I’m gonna do something you fail to do and that’s give the opposing team respect and credit for some of the reasons they didn’t finish off drives. At the end of the third quarter the rams was leading in every statistical category except the one that matters and that was on the score board. Stop trolling and spouting off at the finger tips
You couldn’t play with safeties. Your team had to load the box to stop the run and still didn’t. Your team managed 76 yards on 38 carries. That’s a stat for you. Way to move that ball. Anthony ran for 237 yards himself. He had more yards than your entire team. Don’t claim silly stuff like you were moving the ball up and down the field, or were 2 plays away or leading every stat. That’s just not true. I understand being upset but dang man, I’m not against you. The officials tried to help you guys on a terrible holding call, a worse targeting call, a facemask that wasn’t, and a late hit out of bounds on a player inbounds followed by your players flopping begging for more penalty yardage. That was their best offense. That’s reality. Your team has been outscored 103-9 in title games and haven’t managed more than 1-2 scores against Pikeville in years. They always struggle to move the ball against that defense. Be mad all you want. Rams were dominated and shut out. Pikeville stayed vanilla because your team didn’t make them do anything different. Panther play calls were about as conservative as it gets. Campbellsville was better and would have beaten Raceland. That’s truly my opinion and I saw both live. At least you get to sit back and watch Pikeville win their 4th in a row next year.

(12-02-2023, 08:38 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
Middlesboro loses every bit of offense they had. They will be lucky to get out of the district. No way they are in this conversation, 7-8 wins with a cupcake schedule, out by second round.
I think Williamsburg may win that district.
It should be Pikeville’s to lose. I think they will be more dominant in 24 than they was in 22 with birchfield.
Will get my notes ready for 24 soon. I still need to put the information down for the final 4 teams that played in class 1A.
Paintsville will set the stage for a reemergence in 25,26.
Campbellsville will be the second best team in 1A...again.
(12-04-2023, 11:50 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Paintsville will set the stage for a reemergence in 25,26.
Woah  Not going to happen. middle school didn't win a game. will be a long time before paintsville will reemerge
(12-04-2023, 12:03 PM)Shogun Wrote: Campbellsville will be the second best team in 1A...again.

Campbellsville: Trending Up!
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Micro-Brew, Shogun
My hot take is……Pikeville will continue to have trouble fielding a full schedule. I’d love to see Beechwood become a regularly scheduled team.
I think Sayre will be the second best team. As long as McNamee is at Pikeville they will continue to roll ... through the mountains and take everyone's kids they want and bring them to College level facilities to be coached by some of the best. Not a bad deal for a 1a school. I think Campbellsville loses some but returns some key guys as well. Paris is intriguing, someone said they started 8 or 9 freshmen between offense and defense. I know they lose the Ransom kid who has been there since the 80's. I think the head guy there does a great job of getting the kids to play, but they need to make a few changes on the staff. I watched the Raceland game and Sayre game this year and both times they looked like they did nothing but show up on Fridays. There was no organization no rhythm and no adjustments, but they had some dudes.
(12-04-2023, 12:35 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: I think Sayre will be the second best team.  As long as McNamee is at Pikeville they will continue to roll ... through the mountains and take everyone's kids they want and bring them to College level facilities to be coached by some of the best.  Not a bad deal for a 1a school. I think Campbellsville loses some but returns some key guys as well.  Paris is intriguing, someone said they started 8 or 9 freshmen between offense and defense.  I know they lose the Ransom kid who has been there since the 80's. I think the head guy there does a great job of getting the kids to play, but they need to make a few changes on the staff.  I watched the Raceland game and Sayre game this year and both times they looked like they did nothing but show up on Fridays.  There was no organization no rhythm and no adjustments, but they had some dudes.

Sayre definately is trending upwards.
(12-04-2023, 12:15 PM)Puncheon Creek Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 11:50 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Paintsville will set the stage for a reemergence in 25,26.
Woah  Not going to happen. middle school didn't win a game. will be a long time before paintsville will reemerge
Do you live just to troll Paintsville threads. We get it, you aren’t a fan.
(12-04-2023, 01:34 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
Nope i state facts and your reubtle is to call me a troll. If i was a troll id be over on the girls basketball forum talking about that mess. Just dont get you Paintsville people and the perfect blue world you live in. Come on dude 6-6 the last three years and middle school cant win a game = reemergence. Sounds like you might be the head coach or an admin
(12-04-2023, 12:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 12:35 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: I think Sayre will be the second best team.  As long as McNamee is at Pikeville they will continue to roll ... through the mountains and take everyone's kids they want and bring them to College level facilities to be coached by some of the best.  Not a bad deal for a 1a school. I think Campbellsville loses some but returns some key guys as well.  Paris is intriguing, someone said they started 8 or 9 freshmen between offense and defense.  I know they lose the Ransom kid who has been there since the 80's. I think the head guy there does a great job of getting the kids to play, but they need to make a few changes on the staff.  I watched the Raceland game and Sayre game this year and both times they looked like they did nothing but show up on Fridays.  There was no organization no rhythm and no adjustments, but they had some dudes.

I thought Sayre graduated a lot?
(12-04-2023, 01:53 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 12:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I thought Sayre graduated a lot?
QB and D1 WR definitely are back, they may lose some meat inside, but the thing about Sayre is they have only been a program for like 6 years and they are a private school that offers scholarships located in downtown Lexington. They will emerge as the LCA, or Lexington Catholic of 1a at some point in the near future, it is inevitable.  On top of that Pennington is a heck of a coach who happens to be a pretty popular ex-NFL QB so he is able to recruit well.  They have a pretty good sell and can offer a $28K education to top athletes.  It may not be next year or the year after, but at some point it will be Sayre vs Pikeville annually if Sayre plays their cards right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-04-2023, 01:41 PM)Puncheon Creek Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 01:34 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
Nope i state facts and your reubtle is to call me a troll. If i was a troll id be over on the girls basketball forum talking about that mess. Just dont get you Paintsville people and the perfect blue world you live in. Come on dude 6-6 the last three years and middle school cant win a game = reemergence. Sounds like you might be the head coach or an admin
No, you state opinions, just like the rest of us. However, it appears you love to pounce on Paintsville at every opportunity. 

You do realize that in 1A it doesn’t take a major leap to be relevant? Paintsville has good young talent and if other pieces can come together, they will be a solid team. In 1A it is Pikeville and the rest, so it’s not like we have to worry about 7-8 contenders every year.

I have been on this site a long time and if you did a little research you will see I am far from “perfect blue world” I have been very critical of my Tigers when I felt it was needed.
My early prediction:

1. Pikeville
2. Sayre
3. Campbellsville
4. Raceland
5. Paris
6. Louisville Holy Cross
7. Bethlehem
8. Middlesboro
9. KCD
10. Paintsville
(12-02-2023, 03:22 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I have no clue who anyone brings back or what the talent level is but unless some of these good 2A teams drop back to 1A then the best bet is money on Pikeville.

KF…the above bolded quote can’t happen because we are in the first of a 4-year cycle of classification/districting and the only time teams can move up/down due to a big change in enrollment only is between the second and third years then they redo everyone after four years. Also, teams will no longer be allowed to request to play up or down for any reason. Once a team is placed into a classification, they are stuck there for either two or four years.

With that having been said, I agree that it’s Pikeville’s to lose. They may not host a fourth round game because we know KCD will play a schedule of cupcake larger schools and get those RPI points higher and then possibly Campbellsville or Sayre could have higher RPIs since Pikeville will play a stronger non-district schedule against teams they could fall against. Either way it won’t matter cause Pikeville will be on the carpet yet again.
(12-04-2023, 04:50 PM)statmanchad Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 03:22 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I have no clue who anyone brings back or what the talent level is but unless some of these good 2A teams drop back to 1A then the best bet is money on Pikeville.

KF…the above bolded quote can’t happen because we are in the first of a 4-year cycle of classification/districting and the only time teams can move up/down due to a big change in enrollment only is between the second and third years then they redo everyone after four years. Also, teams will no longer be allowed to request to play up or down for any reason. Once a team is placed into a classification, they are stuck there for either two or four years.

With that having been said, I agree that it’s Pikeville’s to lose. They may not host a fourth round game because we know KCD will play a schedule of cupcake larger schools and get those RPI points higher and then possibly Campbellsville or Sayre could have higher RPIs since Pikeville will play a stronger non-district schedule against teams they could fall against. Either way it won’t matter cause Pikeville will be on the carpet yet again.

The current classification is only a 2-year deal.  There will be another reclassification after the 2024 season, which will be the first year of the next 4-year classification.
[-] The following 2 users Like Buffs19's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug