Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot takes for 3A 2024
CAL establishing themselves as the team to beat in 3A. Post your hot takes for next year. Rising teams? Teams taking a step back? Players to watch? Predictions?
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • BobcatForever, Bull got out!
(12-02-2023, 04:21 PM)Belichick Wrote: CAL establishing themselves as the team to beat in 3A. Post your hot takes for next year. Rising teams? Teams taking a step back? Players to watch? Predictions?
 I agree  very good program
Lou Central and Lex Catholic should be in the conversation. Central has their RB back (I think) and Lex Cath has all their skills guys back. Lex Cath challenge is to replace all their O and D line… but in the end it’s CAL’s class.
Cal will never lose a 3A game. Losing hodge at QB and ruffin is one thing, but the backup QB looked pretty dang good in warmups today. Bringing back the other hodge is enough though, plus #35 who i couldn’t hear a name of in the stadium but showed he is just as elite as the rest. Bell never lost the line of scrimmage until this game, and they lost it bad. Proves what cal has. Lex Cath and Central will always be good too but it’s hard to reverse a running clock into a win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Cafe Mocha
Looks like CAL is emerging as a regular dominate figure who will only continue to improve and reload.

Central will always have the talent to be in contention…Lex Cath will continue to be tough.

What about East Carter, Rockcastle, Hart, Belfry?
(12-02-2023, 08:52 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Looks like CAL is emerging as a regular dominate figure who will only continue to improve and reload.

Central will always have the talent to be in contention…Lex Cath will continue to be tough.

East Carter, Rock and Hart are not traditionally top tier program (sorry not sorry) for saying that. Belfry on the other hand are and will always have a tough grinding ball club.
(12-02-2023, 09:03 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 08:52 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Looks like CAL is emerging as a regular dominate figure who will only continue to improve and reload.

East Carter, Rock and Hart are not traditionally top tier program (sorry not sorry) for saying that. Belfry on the other hand are and will always have a tough grinding ball club.
Belfry lost 2 quality backs and defenders in Woolum and Young. But the young men who won junior high state championships will be sophomores juniors if they can keep that group together. They already lost a few big names last year from that group to transfer. You gotta love that school or style to play in that offensive system.

Rock loses moore, larkey, warren, and goodin. That’s all the passing, and over 70 percent rushing and receiving in that offense. It might not be a steep decline with larkey still there but there will be a fall off of sorts. Still competitive.

Belfry loses a lot, but if haywood stays breathing the pirate ship stays floating. How can anyone ever say they aren’t in some sort of contention. 

Hart loses the “4 horsemen” or whatever someone called them, lineman, and the tight end that was a beast. They return shoulders (really talented) and a good receiver in Trent. They fall off too. Still much better than the programs history because the coach is really good.

East carter does lose 11 seniors, but returns johnson and yoak. Could actually improve. I would not wanna face this bunch next year in the playoffs. 

Bell loses a historic figure and 4 offensive lineman. But returns the rest of the backfield and skills, and 10 defensive starters including 2 100+ tackle guys and the best secondary player in the state in burnett. Might see a weird offseason in bell county, but i’ll never say they aren’t going to win the district or be playing in the third round with 10 plus wins. 

Its cals to lose. They return, refresh, and refuel. 

The best team outside private schools (Lex cath and CAL) in my opinion is union county. They return over 3500 yards rushing and 2 elite linebackers. Preparing for the semis, i was glad bell got Hart over Union. I may be wrong but that would be my dark horse team to make a run in the west. Maybe a silver trophy is possible.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Belichick, BobcatForever
Central is a big ? Don't know what happened to them. I thought this was supposed to be Centrals year from what I was reading last season and to me something must of had to happen.
(12-03-2023, 07:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Central is a big ? Don't know what happened to them. I thought this was supposed to be Centrals year from what I was reading last season and to me something must of had to happen.
CAL happened.

They played their brutal regular season schedule as per normal, but their 3A losses began and ended with CAL. To me they were a clear cut #3 team.

They lose some solid talent and may take a step back, but athleticism alone will be a Top 5-6 team again.
CAL & LexCath- The two best 3A teams, both have holes, but both should be plenty solid and enter as the prohibitive rabbits everyone is chasing.

Hart County, Rockcastle County & Union County- Massive hits coming to Senior laden teams.

Bell County- Losing Thomas alone is like losing 90% of your production. I expect them to take a step back.

Belfry- Played a ton of youth, but relied heavy on a handful of Seniors to make big plays. Belfry should still be solid but probably wont be able to sniff the best teams of the class.

East Carter- Fine program churning along right now. Probably time to put respect on their names as a Top 10 team.

Lawrence County- Should be about the same all things considered. Lose some skill and some size and desperately need athleticism... but will be stout nonetheless.

Mercer County, Franklin-Simpson, Glasgow- Three fine programs with no shortage of talent but I honestly cannot say what they lose or have coming back..
[-] The following 2 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • BobcatForever, Bull got out!
(12-04-2023, 11:38 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: CAL & LexCath- The two best 3A teams, both have holes, but both should be plenty solid and enter as the prohibitive rabbits everyone is chasing.

Hart County, Rockcastle County & Union County- Massive hits coming to Senior laden teams.

Bell County- Losing Thomas alone is like losing 90% of your production. I expect them to take a step back.

Belfry- Played a ton of youth, but relied heavy on a handful of Seniors to make big plays. Belfry should still be solid but probably wont be able to sniff the best teams of the class.

East Carter- Fine program churning along right now. Probably time to put respect on their names as a Top 10 team.

Lawrence County- Should be about the same all things considered. Lose some skill and some size and desperately need athleticism... but will be stout nonetheless.

Mercer County, Franklin-Simpson, Glasgow- Three fine programs with no shortage of talent but I honestly cannot say what they lose or have coming back..
That Looks About Right!!
East Carter has looked pretty good these last few years. Do they throw the ball much, I've never saw them play.
(12-04-2023, 12:45 PM)ekywildcat Wrote: East Carter has looked pretty good these last few years.  Do they throw the ball much, I've never saw them play.
They mix it in.. they are a team who likes to run the ball out of the spread primarily. They are 66/33 Run to pass in terms of production.

Really respect what their HC and staff is doing up there.

Easy to do when you have scholarships and a nice campus to offer athletes.
(12-05-2023, 11:18 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

Easy to do when you have scholarships and a nice campus to offer athletes.
Word of advice, public schools does it too. Lol These specialized “academy” classes they advertise is just another way of getting talented kids out of their district and in those academies that are not in their home district. Just ask Douglass, they’re notorious at it. Also these “Independent” schools can attract out of district kids as long as they PAY a fee.
My hot take: Belfry sinks, water has already found its way in the ship, lets see what happens next.
Really expect Lou. Central to be the cream of the crop when pre-season rolls around. Union Co. and Belfry could follow suit, hopefully Belfry has fixed whatever issues was causing kids to leave. CAL and Lex Cath will be there but without Hodge and Wasik not sure they start off as high as usual. Adair Co., Glasgow, & Hart Co. may all beat up on each other but will house respectible teams next season.
(12-05-2023, 04:43 PM)Real Badman Wrote: My hot take: Belfry sinks, water has already found its way in the ship, lets see what happens next.
Hmmm….someone sounds a bit surly.  

Guess we’ll have to wait till next year and find out.  They’ll be the District favorite again….but that’s not saying a lot IMO.  District has been pretty weak for past couple few seasons
(12-05-2023, 07:06 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 04:43 PM)Real Badman Wrote: My hot take: Belfry sinks, water has already found its way in the ship, lets see what happens next.

Guess we’ll have to wait till next year and find out.  They’ll be the District favorite again….but that’s not saying a lot IMO.  District has been pretty weak for past couple few seasons

You won’t be waiting that long. Word on the street is you and a few more like you, will be getting your wish and the kids you live to hate will be sailing on.
(12-06-2023, 12:33 AM)RTruth Wrote:

You won’t be waiting that long. Word on the street is you and a few more like you, will be getting your wish and the kids you live to hate will be sailing on.
Is this a hot take or is this information based on facts? Will be interesting to see what happens
Hot take baby! I’m friends of friends but not privy to conversations, but the smoke is getting bigger.

No clue to what you’re referencing.  I’m as big a Belfry supporter there is.  I don’t/wouldnt “hate” on any Belfry Pirate.  Some years you’re up and some years you’re down.  Pretty simple. Nothing I’ve said isn’t the truth. District has been down the past few years….and we’ve (Belfry) struggled as well.
Lawrence County is going to be really good for the next several years, a lot of very good, young talent. They return most of their defense from last season and a bunch of skilled guys on the offensive side.
(12-06-2023, 10:39 AM)RTruth Wrote: Hot take baby! I’m friends of friends but not privy to conversations, but the smoke is getting bigger.
There are rumblings of players leaving. Nothing in stone yet. Basketball and Baseball seasons will have effect on these exits again
I don’t think Belfry will be the favorite in the district next year.
(12-06-2023, 10:14 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Is this a hot take or is this information based on facts? Will be interesting to see what happens

(12-08-2023, 10:18 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: I don’t think Belfry will be the favorite in the district next year.

If all those kids stay, and they don’t win district, it might be time.
(12-09-2023, 02:33 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 10:14 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

(12-08-2023, 10:18 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: I don’t think Belfry will be the favorite in the district next year.

If all those kids stay, and they don’t win district, it might be time.
Belfry district isn't that strong to begin with even on down years they will do well against weak district opponents
Belfry will have to have a huge exodus for them not to be the favorite in their district.
CAL owns 3A til someone proves different. LexCath could challenge.

In the east, Belfry, East Carter, Rockcastle, Bell, and Lawrence is a dark horse (or dark dog). I think LC has too many holes from graduation to plug to be a favorite in any sense. Not that they can replace with talent, but inexperience has a cost. Maybe 2025.
Bump