Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martin County 2024
Martin County is losing 3 starting lineman, A middle linebacker, and a runningback. Thoughts?
Why are they leaving.
(12-04-2023, 02:54 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Why are they leaving.
graduation
They do have 3 senior lineman to replace and a skill player or 2. But the lineman coming in are big and strong. They shouldn't really miss a beat running the ball
Martin County loses arguably 3 of their 5 best players in Madden Miller, Brock Messer, and Bryston Wells.

They return Devan Maynard, Aiden Horn, and Damian Cheek. Each are skill players. Not real sure how good the Cardinals will be upfront, since they graduate some stud linemen.

As of today, I'd still pick MC to be the preseason district favorite in 2024. Floyd Central and Prestonsburg will close the gap though and I think district play will be very interesting.
Martin County will once again be the favorite to win the district. They lose some important pieces, but I feel like they bring enough back to be considered the favorites at this time. As Blackcat Alum stated, Prestonsburg and Floyd Central will close the gap, but I'm not sure it will be enough to knock Martin County from the top spot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(12-05-2023, 10:29 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Martin County loses arguably 3 of their 5 best players in Madden Miller, Brock Messer, and Bryston Wells.

They return Devan Maynard, Aiden Horn, and Damian Cheek. Each are skill players. Not real sure how good the Cardinals will be upfront, since they graduate some stud linemen.

As of today, I'd still pick MC to be the preseason district favorite in 2024. Floyd Central and Prestonsburg will close the gap though and I think district play will be very interesting.
They return 1 very good offensive lineman at guard who also was a defensive starter and they return their other guard who played well for his first year starting
[-] The following 1 user Likes HollyWood24's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(12-06-2023, 09:57 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: Martin County will once again be the favorite to win the district. They lose some important pieces, but I feel like they bring enough back to be considered the favorites at this time. As Blackcat Alum stated, Prestonsburg and Floyd Central will close the gap, but I'm not sure it will be enough to knock Martin County from the top spot.
Floyd Central could have a good team if their defense improves and Jace Martin continues to grow as a QB for them. They’ll be VERY senior heavy. 

For Pburg, they have to improve their line play. They have the skill players, just need the line to open holes and protect the QB.
So did Martin county get a new Offensive Coordinator with coach Hager leaving for Prestonsburg?
They gained the leading tackler in Class A from last year, who will be a sophomore next year. He can also run the ball. He should step right in to a starting spot if he’s eligible to play this year.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-15-2024, 03:56 PM)Redneck Wrote: They gained the leading tackler in Class A from last year, who will be a sophomore next year. He can also run the ball. He should step right in to a starting spot if he’s eligible to play this year.

Where’d he come from?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-15-2024, 06:28 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 03:56 PM)Redneck Wrote: They gained the leading tackler in Class A from last year, who will be a sophomore next year. He can also run the ball. He should step right in to a starting spot if he’s eligible to play this year.

Where’d he come from?
Paintsville. But i thought khsaa rule him ineligible for baseball. Will he be able to play football?
(04-15-2024, 08:48 PM)Upnorth Wrote:

Where’d he come from?
Paintsville. But i thought khsaa rule him ineligible for baseball. Will he be able to play football?
Not often you see a Paintsville kid go to Martin. Been hearing things aren't to good in most programs at paintsville. still shocking though
(04-16-2024, 10:27 AM)Whitehouse Road Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 08:48 PM)Upnorth Wrote:

Where’d he come from?
Not often you see a Paintsville kid go to Martin. Been hearing things aren't to good in most programs at paintsville. still shocking though

You can say that about a whole lot of programs…
Friendly Reminder:

Everyone forgets passwords from time to time, but we are starting to have issues with members of this site forgetting their passwords and then, starting new accounts.  This has obviously led to some members having multiple accounts.  This is a violation of rule #8 of the site which states that accounts will require a valid email address for set-up. Any duplicate accounts linked to a same IP address will be terminated. 

As Administrators, we are required to check the ip address of every new account.  If the new account matches the ip address of an account already in existence, an administrator will private message the new member and ask if they already have an existing account.  It is very important for you to respond to the private message.

If you forget your password, contact an administrator of the site, and we will be happy to reset your password.  If you are unable to contact an administrator, start a new account, then IMMEDIATELY notify an administrator and explain the situation.  Then, you will be given a few options.  (1)We can change the password to your old account and delete your new account.  (2)We can combine your old account and new account. (3)We can delete your old account, and you can keep your new account.  If you choose to start a new account without notifying an administrator in regards to an old account, you run the risk of receiving a lifetime ban from the site.

If you have an old account, feel free to private message an administrator, and we will be happy to close the old account for you.  Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Spud6
(04-16-2024, 01:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Friendly Reminder:

Everyone forgets passwords from time to time, but we are starting to have issues with members of this site forgetting their passwords and then, starting new accounts.  This has obviously led to some members having multiple accounts.  This is a violation of rule #8 of the site which states that accounts will require a valid email address for set-up. Any duplicate accounts linked to a same IP address will be terminated. 

As Administrators, we are required to check the ip address of every new account.  If the new account matches the ip address of an account already in existence, an administrator will private message the new member and ask if they already have an existing account.  It is very important for you to respond to the private message.

If you forget your password, contact an administrator of the site, and we will be happy to reset your password.  If you are unable to contact an administrator, start a new account, then IMMEDIATELY notify an administrator and explain the situation.  Then, you will be given a few options.  (1)We can change the password to your old account and delete your new account.  (2)We can combine your old account and new account. (3)We can delete your old account, and you can keep your new account.  If you choose to start a new account without notifying an administrator in regards to an old account, you run the risk of receiving a lifetime ban from the site.

If you have an old account, feel free to private message an administrator, and we will be happy to close the old account for you.  Thank you.
lol
(04-16-2024, 11:39 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: lol

Smile
I think martin county is gonna really surprise teams this year. They did lose some core guys on the oline but don't be surprised if they are better up.front this season or just as good with the young core of guys. They are big and strong. Don't sleep on the cards this year
[-] The following 1 user Likes TE#82's post:
  • Bull got out!
Looks like they have Weston Jude back. Will he be playing football?
(04-18-2024, 10:18 AM)Upnorth Wrote: Looks like they have Weston Jude back. Will he be playing football?
Yes he came back and had been to workouts.
(04-18-2024, 11:39 AM)Cards98 Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 10:18 AM)Upnorth Wrote: Looks like they have Weston Jude back. Will he be playing football?

Where'd he come from?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-18-2024, 02:05 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 11:39 AM)Cards98 Wrote:

Where'd he come from?
Johnson Central
Is this kid in the Jude family?
#BBFL
(04-19-2024, 01:23 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Is this kid in the Jude family?
his last name is jude...... so yeah.
(04-19-2024, 03:30 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
My last names Hamilton, but I’m not kin to every Hamilton on mud creek
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!
Smile I’m just curious, is every Chin in a Chinese phone book kin? I’m laughing at myself right now lol. Boys warm weather means football practice and games right around the corner.
(04-19-2024, 09:21 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
that's not what you asked Smile
(04-19-2024, 01:48 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 09:21 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
that's not what you asked Smile

This guy
#BBFL
Jude is one of the most common names in martin county.