Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Johnson Central 2024
2023 Roster
72 Brady Adkins OL, DL Jr. 58 Caydon Kelsey OL, DL Fr.
65 Isaac Adkins OL, DL So. 15 Seth Kliebert WR, DB Sr.
24 Caleb Barnes RB, DB Sr. 25 Jordan Leedy TE, LB Fr.
4 Christian Barnes DB Sr. 48 Dylan Lemaster RB, LB Fr.
73 Colton Bishop OL, DL So. 59 Logan Lemaster OL, DL Sr.
52 Gabe Blackburn OL, DL So. 75 Hudson Lewandoski OL, DL Sr.
67 Aiden Burchett OL, DL Jr. 77 Nicholas Lyons OL, DL Fr.
50 Cole Campbell OL, DL Sr. 21 Dalton Matney RB, LB So.
68 Zach Carrol OL, DL So. 51 Kaleb Maynard OL, DL Fr.
76 Elijah Casebolt OL, DL Fr. 2 Zack McCoart RB, DB Jr.
8 Logan Castle WR, DB Sr. 17 Andrew Meeks RB, DB Fr.
David Caudill Fr. 13 JD Morris RB, CB So.
79 Peyton Cochran OL, DL Fr. 11 Logan Morrow RB, LB So.
64 Ryan Combs OL, DL So. 16 Bryson Music RB, LB Fr.
1 Carter Conley RB, DB Sr. 41 Conner Music TE, DL Sr.
9 Gabe Conley TE, LB So. 28 Logan Music RB, DB So.
26 - 36 Peyton Daniel PK, P So. 70 Dylan Peck OL, DL So.
44 Jesse Daniels TE, LB Fr. 18 Braxton Perry WR, DB Fr.
3 Seth Davis QB, LB Jr. 62 John Ratliff OL, DL Jr.
55 Trey Davis OL, DL So. 20 Michael Ratliff WR, DB Fr.
74 Travis Eldridge OL, DL So. 5 Ryan Rice RB, LB Sr.
30 Grayden Fairchild Fr. 61 Ashton Shepherd OL, DL Fr.
71 Jaxson Fannin OL, DL Sr. 10 Brayden Shepherd WR, DB Fr.
54 Brady Farrar OL, DL Sr. 14 Austin Slone QB, DB Fr.
60 Kolten Fletcher OL, DL So. 96 Javien Staniford OL, DL Fr.
7 Jacob Grimm QB Sr. 19 Paxton Trimble WR, DB So.
35 Cory Hammond PK, P Jr. 72 Anakin Vanhoose OL, DL Fr.
66 Jake Horn OL, DL Fr. 90 Timmy Vanover OL, DL Sr.
33 Hunter Howard TE, DE Sr. 78 James Ward OL, DL Fr.
29 - 6 Carter Hunt QB, DB So. 56 Ethan Webb OL, DL Sr.
40 Conner Jones OL, DL Jr. 99 Christian Williamson OL, DL Fr.
12 Weston Jude QB, DB Jr.

2023 Schedule
Johnson Central 9-4

Aug 18, 23 Madison Central home (W) 28 - 21 Hutch Bowl 
Aug 26, 23 Pikeville away (L) 14 - 21 Pike County Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Belfry away (L) 20 - 48 
Sep 8, 23 Breathitt County home (W) 41 - 0 
Sep 15, 23 Dohn Community (Cincinnati), OH away (W) 34 - 6 
Sep 22, 23 Boyd County home (W) 53 - 14 
Sep 29, 23 Corbin away (L) 6 - 34 
Oct 5, 23 Rowan County away (W) 43 - 8 
Oct 13, 23 Greenup County away (W) 33 - 13 
Oct 20, 23 Ashland Blazer home (W) 36 - 33 
Nov 3, 23 Grant County home (W) 54 - 14 Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 10, 23 Boyd County home (W) 28 - 14 Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 17, 23 Covington Catholic away (L) 0 - 31 Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k.../?id=89828

Thoughts on 2024..
where will they be talent wise compared to years past? Seems like last two years.. they were not as talented and they lost alot with injury on top of that.
(12-11-2023, 11:33 AM)FCSPY Wrote: where will they be talent wise compared to years past? Seems like last two years.. they were not as talented and they lost alot with injury on top of that.

I can only speak from what I see. I know they have some very talented young players who will be stepping up in to key roles this year. I think they will bring back some good running backs. Have some that are in the making as well. The key is being healthy. I would think they will be as solid as always.
(12-11-2023, 11:36 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 11:33 AM)FCSPY Wrote: where will they be talent wise compared to years past? Seems like last two years.. they were not as talented and they lost alot with injury on top of that.

I can only speak from what I see. I know they have some very talented young players who will be stepping up in to key roles this year. I think they will bring back some good running backs. Have some that are in the making as well. The key is being healthy. I would think they will be as solid as always.

right now we are all chasing Corbin and Boyle in the immediate! hope your boys can and ours can lock horns again late in the year.
Hopefully next season JC is healthy and everyone can get an accurate gauge on the program’s direction.

4A is tough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Son of the Alamo
The biggest thing is whether or not Zac McCoart is 100% healthy. He was arguably the best running back in 4A. The 2023 season was basically over when he tore his ACL in the first game of the season.

Even if he is 100% the gap between Boyle and everyone else is so big. It reminds of when JC was battling Cov Cath and Highlands every year. They would go 13-0 and then run into the buzz saw that was Highlands.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. D's post:
  • Diogenes
(12-11-2023, 02:28 PM)Mr. D Wrote: The biggest thing is whether or not Zac McCoart is 100% healthy. He was arguably the best running back in 4A. The 2023 season was basically over when he tore his ACL in the first game of the season.

Even if he is 100% the gap between Boyle and everyone else is so big. It reminds of when JC was battling Cov Cath and Highlands every year. They would go 13-0 and then run into the buzz saw that was Highlands.

arguably is definitely the key word.
(12-11-2023, 02:28 PM)Mr. D Wrote: The biggest thing is whether or not Zac McCoart is 100% healthy. He was arguably the best running back in 4A. The 2023 season was basically over when he tore his ACL in the first game of the season.

You saying he is better than Quisenberry?
He said arguably guys.
(12-12-2023, 10:31 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

You saying he is better than Quisenberry?

Quisenberry is probably the best all around player in the stat. He makes plays in so many different ways by running the ball, catching the ball, kick returns, punt returns, interceptions, etc. 

But Zac McCoart is a really good running back in his own right. He had 1721 rushing yards and 26 rushing touchdowns as a sophomore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. D's post:
  • Diogenes
I believe Johnson Central will continue to field a talented team. Any time you lose a legend like Matney, there is going to be some drop off, but I believe the Golden Eagles will continue to be a hard nosed football team. It's going to be a little harder getting to Kroger, due to Corbin being in their Region, but I believe JC has closed the gap from the past couple of years.
Johnson Central has always been a tough, physical team every time I've got to watch them play. I know last season was hard with injuries etc. but I fully expect them to continue to be tough team to play. lots of respect for these players from a Corbin fan.
[-] The following 3 users Like Son of the Alamo's post:
  • Belichick, Diogenes, Hoss Cat
(12-20-2023, 02:35 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: I believe Johnson Central will continue to field a talented team. Any time you lose a legend like Matney, there is going to be some drop off, but I believe the Golden Eagles will continue to be a hard nosed football team. It's going to be a little harder getting to Kroger, due to Corbin being in their Region, but I believe JC has closed the gap from the past couple of years.

The drop off was happening even if Matney was still there, thats how talent flows.
JC is going to do what JC does and that's run the ball. McCoart should be back but JC also returns Bryson Music and Logan Morrow. Outside the run game it could be a rebuilding year for JC one guy to watch on D is LB Seth Davis.
This should be another year where JC is rebuilding.
Bump
JC is in good hands I think, But its not every year they are gonna field a team that compares to its, Champ years. Also you may call it a drop off.. but you also have to realize some other teams have emerged... Franklin County, Boyle has risen to new heights, Ashland has risen within 4a. Corbin also has restored its signifigance..