Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Corbin 119 Cordia 31
Final score at Corbin.
Corbin's really good. Cordia's really bad. This is what happens when those two worlds collide.
Cordia very well may be the worst team in the state. Right now they are losing every game by an average of 62 points. I don’t know if continuing the season is for the best, but i would wanna play.
Personally I don’t understand why most Perry, Hazard, and Knott football players that can’t play basketball at those schools just dont go up Cordia and play every single year. Transferring is sport to sport now, so they wouldn’t even have to move. Instantly eligible. Don’t think people know that’s a rule now. They go back and play football at the other school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Bluecat
(12-14-2023, 08:59 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Personally I don’t understand why most Perry, Hazard, and Knott football players that can’t play basketball at those schools just dont go up Cordia and play every single year.  Transferring is sport to sport now, so they wouldn’t even have to move.  Instantly eligible.  Don’t think people know that’s a rule now.  They go back and play football at the other school.
My thoughts exactly. In the past Cordia stayed competitive because those kids who didn't, or couldn't play for the big school went there and played. Maybe not region contenders, but they had some very competitive teams.
Was told the high school is down to only 70+ kids total... Got me to thinking.. Where is Rod Rhodes?
(12-14-2023, 08:59 AM)DukeBoy Wrote:  Transferring is sport to sport now, so they wouldn’t even have to move.  Instantly eligible.  Don’t think people know that’s a rule now.  They go back and play football at the other school.

I know it seems easier than every now for kids to get eligible but I’m pretty sure without a “legitimate” change of address that kids have to sit out for 365 days from all extracurricular activities. Is that not newest law/rule change?
(12-14-2023, 12:32 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: Was told the high school is down to only 70+ kids total... Got me to thinking.. Where is Rod Rhodes?

Would have already closed if not for Franklin County judge who makes Knott pay to keep it open. By far the strangest ruling I've ever seen in education circles.
I’d say the Corbin fans are pretty mad at Coach P for running up the score aren’t they?